Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Should we abort? Vote now!

Posted by R 
R
Should we abort? Vote now!
November 19, 2010
http://www.newser.com/story/105611/couple-holds-web-vote-to-have-abortion-or-not.html

Pregnant woman and husband have decided to let voters decide whether they keep it or abort it. They will wait til the last moment to tally up the votes and act accordingly. Don't forget to check the comments.smile rolling left rightsmile
Re: Should we abort? Vote now!
November 19, 2010
I saw this on LJ.

Just because they say they're "taking votes" doesn't mean they won't do whatever they want once it's all over.

These are attention-whores' attention-whores.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
November 19, 2010
I think it's a fundie PR stunt. Not real. It's just to try to put forward the very strange fundie view -- and try to 'prove' -- that people treat abortion flippantly. As if they have any idea... any idea at all.

"Look!" they'll cry. "At the click of a mouse, you people condemned a living, breathing, smiling, laughing chyld to death! Yes a real chyld! A real one! With a face and everything! Look how many people voted to kill the living, breathing, smiling, laughing chyld! You should be ashamed to be clicking your mouse like that! To be voting like that! See how flippantly you treat abortion? You make Jesus mad. God hates you." etc etc ad nauseum.

Yawn.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
November 19, 2010
I agree that it's a publicity stunt. If you read about their history, the guy was very happy that his wife got pregnant after two miscarriages (both this year, and one of them was at *five* weeks...smile rolling left righteyes2). They obviously both want kids.

I did see this lovely poem posted several times throughout the comments sections:

Letter to a Child Never Born Mommy Listen:

I never talked to you and perhaps never will;
but today I wanted to say hello. How are you?
I have noticed very worried and I know that you’ve decided to separate you from me.

I cried a lot, because although I am very small,
immensely large and I have feelings you know.
I have been told that life is beautiful,
though you live yours cursing.

Before you leave me I wanted to ask you something:
Why are you embarrassed of me?
Why do you blush in front of your friends and your friends?
“Am I not your son?
Am I not the blood of your blood,
body of your body and soul of your soul?

But very soon though
stop beating my little heart next to yours,
I always keep living in your memory and your conscience.
I would like to become your child,
your friend, your partner,
one reason for your dreams and the air of your life;
but you did not want.

After this I have a lot to tell;
only that, I had grown attached to you mother
but it is sad and it’s time.
Now just let
to support my lips over the deepest part of your body,
so that you can never release this kiss this goodbye.

Well, even if we become ever more friends
but never saw your face and never see it,
I remember that I always keep calling … .. Mommy!
November 19, 2010
Amethyst
I think it's a fundie PR stunt. Not real. It's just to try to put forward the very strange fundie view -- and try to 'prove' -- that people treat abortion flippantly. As if they have any idea... any idea at all.

"Look!" they'll cry. "At the click of a mouse, you people condemned a living, breathing, smiling, laughing chyld to death! Yes a real chyld! A real one! With a face and everything! Look how many people voted to kill the living, breathing, smiling, laughing chyld! You should be ashamed to be clicking your mouse like that! To be voting like that! See how flippantly you treat abortion? You make Jesus mad. God hates you." etc etc ad nauseum.

Yawn.

Of course 'life' will triumph over abortion, and, like politicians, they will treat it (it, in the case of politicians, being a 51% win in an election where 25% of the electorate voted) as a mandate from the population. "See," they'll cry, "People are turning against abortion!"

While I'd be happy to make decisions for fuckwits who are too indecisive or moronic to do it themselves (and believe me, these people qualify on the second count at least), I don't see much point in doing it if I lack the authority to ensure that my choices are enforced.

Now here is someone who is offering a serious poll on the internet.
November 24, 2010
Wannabe Duh Troll admits it was a hoax.

Tracy Clark-Flory
This admission comes some days after, oh, the entire Internet unanimously decided that it was a stunt.
The ultrasound images the couple shared and the updates they posted after doctor visits were apparently all real. But that whole bit about wanting the outside world to vote on the future of their fetus? Total lie. However, he says, "My intent is not to deceive people." Right ... that logically follows.

As I said last week, this prank is "a perfect illustration of just how poorly some anti-choicers understand the pro-choice position." Remember, aspiring "pro-life" pranksters: Assuming that pro-choicers are indiscriminately "pro-abortion" and referring to the fetus as an "unborn child" are immediate giveaways.

Link: http://www.salon.com/news/abortion/index.html?story=/mwt/broadsheet/2010/11/23/birthornot

Here's what she wrote last week:
Tracy Clark-Flory
On their blog birthornot.com, Pete and Alisha Arnold of Minnesota are asking anonymous Internet strangers to vote on whether or not they abort. The site is chock-full of ultrasound images and updates on their perfectly healthy 17-week-old fetus. It seems that they want a child, as they say they have had two miscarriages this year alone, and yet they are asking the Web to decide whether they keep it. They say this is a way for Americans to really make their vote matter.

Clearly, this screams "pro-life" Internet prank. The couple insisted to Gawker that they are for real, but their Web trail might suggest otherwise: Pete once posted his super-pro-G.W. thoughts on CNN, and Alisha is a fan of Glenn Beck on Facebook. If this is indeed a prank -- and either way, it's scary to think of these two procreating -- it's a perfect illustration of just how poorly some anti-choicers understand the pro-choice position. The belief is that the choice of whether or not to abort should be left up to a woman and her doctor, not to the entire Internet.

All I can say is: I hope Wannabe Moo Troll's womb decides for a third time to vote in favor of abortion.
November 24, 2010
They probably asked voters whether they have sex or not, too.waving hellolarious

And yes, whether they go together or not as well.

NO BRAINS AT ALL!smile rolling left righteyes2
December 08, 2010
http://www.theonion.com/articles/couple-puts-abortion-option-to-online-vote,18611/

After holding a vote on their website to determine whether or not they would obtain an abortion, Pete and Alisha Arnold of Apple Valley, MN will be carrying their zygote to term. What do you think?

"If you can't decide whether or not to have a baby, there's only one choice: have it but raise it as if you didn't want to have it. That's called compromise."

I heart the Onion.
December 08, 2010
yurble
http://www.theonion.com/articles/couple-puts-abortion-option-to-online-vote,18611/

After holding a vote on their website to determine whether or not they would obtain an abortion, Pete and Alisha Arnold of Apple Valley, MN will be carrying their zygote to term. What do you think?

"If you can't decide whether or not to have a baby, there's only one choice: have it but raise it as if you didn't want to have it. That's called compromise."

I heart the Onion.

This WAS from The Onion after all? I just KNEW it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 08, 2010
Ketchup
I agree that it's a publicity stunt. If you read about their history, the guy was very happy that his wife got pregnant after two miscarriages (both this year, and one of them was at *five* weeks...smile rolling left righteyes2). They obviously both want kids.

I did see this lovely poem posted several times throughout the comments sections:

Letter to a Child Never Born Mommy Listen:

I never talked to you and perhaps never will;
but today I wanted to say hello. How are you?
I have noticed very worried and I know that you’ve decided to separate you from me.

I cried a lot, because although I am very small,
immensely large and I have feelings you know.
I have been told that life is beautiful,
though you live yours cursing.

Before you leave me I wanted to ask you something:
Why are you embarrassed of me?
Why do you blush in front of your friends and your friends?
“Am I not your son?
Am I not the blood of your blood,
body of your body and soul of your soul?

But very soon though
stop beating my little heart next to yours,
I always keep living in your memory and your conscience.
I would like to become your child,
your friend, your partner,
one reason for your dreams and the air of your life;
but you did not want.

After this I have a lot to tell;
only that, I had grown attached to you mother
but it is sad and it’s time.
Now just let
to support my lips over the deepest part of your body,
so that you can never release this kiss this goodbye.

Well, even if we become ever more friends
but never saw your face and never see it,
I remember that I always keep calling … .. Mommy!

More like an argument as to why I should have a tubal: an abortion would be a necessary evil but I do not like the what ifs. I would rather be put into a situation where i would have an ectopic pregnancy so there would be no choice to abort.
December 08, 2010
SlumSlut
yurble

I heart the Onion.

This WAS from The Onion after all? I just KNEW it.

No, the entire drama was not from the Onion, but the Onion had that feature where they ask 'people' their 'opinions' and this week's question was what I put in italics. I loved the answer that I included because you could almost think it was true.
Anonymous User
December 08, 2010
"The total number of fraudulent votes for aborting the pregnancy is astounding. I have no idea why people would go to the lengths that they did to submit fraudulent votes towards abortion."
-Alisha, the sperm dumpster

Gee, even only 22% asked them to keep it, more than a million and a half (78%) voters begged them to off the foetus. I hope it's stillborn, and I hope she has to get her tubes tied afterwards. Ah, hell, who am I kidding? I'm secretly hoping for death during childbirth to hit as well. I might as well be honest.
Faced with the prospect of bringing the chyld into an unwelcoming world that would rather see it never exist than let it be yet another drain on this planet's resources, the sperm dumpster did the only thing possible: went into deep denial and announced that the majority of votes to abort were 'fraudulent.'
Those idiots will probably continue to call it 'baby wiggles' after it pops out.

"The second miscarriage actually happened during our trip to France. The photo of us in front of the Pont du Gard in southern France was chosen specifically because Alisha’s second miscarriage happened two days later."
"Alisha had even gotten to the point where she was feeling like her body wanted to go work out and had lost 55 pounds."
--Pete, the proud duh

Great! A big fat moo that has a body type that makes her pregnancies high risk, so let's take an overseas trip during the first pregnancy following your first miscarriage! Wonderful people, these two are. I wish them both the worst.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login