Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Double standards abound.

Posted by KABA 
Double standards abound.
December 13, 2010
Basically, two gay males want a child so one is taken from an unfit mother and given to the them. After reading all the "God Bless" comments I'm wondering what would happen had this been a human situation.

A pair of gay penguins thrown out of their zoo colony for repeatedly stealing eggs have been given some of their own to look after following a protest by animal rights groups.

Last month the birds were segregated after they were caught placing stones at the feet of parents before waddling away with their eggs.

But angry visitors to Polar Land in Harbin, northern China, complained it wasn't fair to stop the couple from becoming surrogate fathers and urged zoo bosses to give them a chance.
Enlarge

Who's the daddy? The segregated penguin couple, right, are seen here in their own enclosure quarrelling with another male over stolen eggs

In response, zookeepers gave the pair two eggs laid by an inexperienced first-time mother.

'We decided to give them two eggs from another couple whose hatching ability had been poor and they've turned out to be the best parents in the whole zoo,' said one of the keepers.

'It's very encouraging and if this works out well we will try to arrange for them to become real parents themselves with artificial insemination.'

Wildlife experts at the park explain that despite being gay the three-year-old male birds are still driven by an urge to be fathers.

'One of the responsibilities of being a male adult is looking after the eggs. Despite the fact that they can't have eggs naturally, it does not take away their biological drive to be a parent,' said one.

One campaigner who did not want to be named welcomed the move and said: 'It wasn't fair to stop them becoming parents and keep them apart from all the other birds just because of the way nature has made them.'

Last month zookeepers said the couple were removed from the group not because of discrimination, but so as not to disturb the colony during hatching time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1094977/Gay-penguins-expelled-zoo-colony-stealing-eggs-given-look-following-animal-rights-protest.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
Re: Double standards abound.
December 13, 2010
waving hellolarious

Those birds are an abomination!

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 13, 2010
Next thing you know, penguins will want to have sex with humans. smile rolling left righteyes2 We must nip this in the bud, now!
Anonymous User
December 14, 2010
I'm waiting for the Westboro Baptist church to show up at the zoo waving hellolarious
"These penguins are the reason for 9/11!!!! "
December 14, 2010
What's next?? Penguins marrying eachother? Where would it end? waving hellolarious

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
December 14, 2010
How do they know they're GAY to begin with?smile rolling left righteyes2

They see them giving each other arse sex???
December 14, 2010
Banshee
How do they know they're GAY to begin with?smile rolling left righteyes2

They see them giving each other arse sex???

They are living the gay lifestyle emotionally, but just haven't moved to the next level with their relationshiop yet. I have a cat named Cujo who was one in a litter belonging to a hillbilly customer. Supposedly, and I have no reason to doubt it, her grandfather was a wild cat of some sort and if I had to guess then I'd say one of those small Mountain Lion cat breeds.Anyway, this cat has always exhibited homosexual behavior and she exhibits male cat behavior too, so she could also be transgendered. Then I had another cat named Bobby who exhibited strong flaming gay characteristics and even preferred the pastel lime and pink play mice over the gray ones. He was constanly humping on our other male cat, much like Cujo is always humping the girl cats. Since they are "fixed" this leads me to believe that they were just born gay, much like these penguins.

Even if sex is taken out of the equation, they can still be gay. IMO.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Anonymous User
December 14, 2010
This is hilarious...and what stealthy little gays..."we're going to take these big bad rocks, and place them at your feetsie weetsie's while we make away with your naughty eggie weggies!!"....
December 14, 2010
I've got no problem with gay penguins, but I dislike them suggesting that all animals are driven to reproduce. Also, they won't be real parents unless their own DNA is used. The penguins are cool, but the zoo staff provides plenty of bingos.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login