Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to convince your wallet....

Posted by Miss_Hannigan 
How to convince your wallet....
December 19, 2010
...to let you stay home, sit on your ass all day and play Farmville. My comments are in red:

In some situations, moms have no choice but to work, and that's okay. However, many experts agree that the healthiest choice for a child is one-on-one care. Staying home with your children is a personal choice, if you would like to do this, but are having a hard time convincing your husband, here are some good tips to try.

1. If you are a Christian, pray about it. Pray that your husband will have a open mind and you will have patience to discuss it with him.

2. Offer to your husband to go down on him to one car, move to a smaller house/apartment, do away with luxuries such as manicures, eat more inexpensive meals, and do whatever it takes financially to let you stay home.

3.Carefully look at the budget. Add up all of the expenses that it costs for you to work - childcare, dry cleaning, gas for you to get to work, wear & tear on your car, fast food meals because you're too tired to cook, work lunches, etc. Do not forget about additional doctor bills and medicines for your child being sick more often from daycare.

4.Visit the website www.daycaresdontcare.org and show the information to your husband.

5.When both you and your husband have some free time, call Dr. Laura, a radio psychologist who promotes staying home. Visit http://www.drlaura.com for information on when to call. (Why isn't this number one, above the praying to God?!?!!)

6.Research work at home opportunities and offer to work at home. You might be able to watch other children in your home (but I thought daycares don't care?), have a vacation pet sitting service (you could take your kiddos), design websites, do freelance writing and more. You could answer calls at home during naptime...

7.As a last resort, see if you would qualify for government assistance based on your husbands salary alone. This might be WIC (http://www.fns.usda.gov/wic/), food stamps, or state sponsored children's insurance programs. Discuss this with your husband.

8.Be very patient when approaching your husband with your plan.

9.If all else fails, seek counseling. (with a therapist that will side WITH YOU and YOUR NEEDS).
Re: How to convince your wallet....
December 19, 2010
Call Dr Laura?waving hellolarious Go on welfare?saying 'wtf' Go on the DaycaresDontCare website?confused smiley Pray?bouncing and laughing

This is complete and utter nonsense and a rather sneaky approach too. WHY wasn't this discussed BEFORE she shat loaves? If it was discussed but she just didn't like the answer, then tough shit! These women spend so much time trying to get out of working that it's unbelievable. Either they can afford it or they can not! No amount if praying or calling radio talk shows means anything if they CAN'T afford it!:Violin

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 19, 2010

If you are a Christian, pray about it. Pray that your husband will have a open mind and you will have patience to discuss it with him.

And what, pray, are you supposed to do if you are a Jew, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Buddhist, or for that matter, a Mormon (which some Christians think are "not Christians"), a Catholic (which some Christians think are "not Christians"), a Jehovah's Witness (which some Christians think are "not Christians"), a Christian Scientist (which some Christians think are "not Christians"), a Pentecostal or Charismatic (which some Christians think are "not Christians"), a Deist, etc., etc., ad nauseum? Atheist minds want to know! eye rolling smiley

So prejudiced! Why not say, "pray or meditate on it" and leave it at that? Hello! Pluralism calling!
December 20, 2010
kidlesskim
Call Dr Laura?waving hellolarious Go on welfare?saying 'wtf' Go on the DaycaresDontCare website?confused smiley Pray?bouncing and laughing

This is complete and utter udder nonsense and a rather sneaky approach too. WHY wasn't this discussed BEFORE she shat loaves? If it was discussed but she just didn't like the answer, then tough shit! These women spend so much time trying to get out of working that it's unbelievable. Either they can afford it or they can not! No amount if praying or calling radio talk shows means anything if they CAN'T afford it!:Violin

Sorry, just had to correct your post. waving hellolarious
December 20, 2010
If the family would have to resort to WIC or food stamps, then they obviously can't afford to have a SAHM!
Anonymous User
December 20, 2010
Miss_Hannigan

6.Research work at home opportunities and offer to work at home. You might be able to watch other children in your home (but I thought daycares don't care?), have a vacation pet sitting service (you could take your kiddos), design websites, do freelance writing and more. You could answer calls at home during naptime...

My other half better not see that suggestion, he'd be climbing the walls. He runs his own business designing & programming websites. The amount of idiots he has to deal with who need an unholy fuck-up of a website fixing is ridiculous. Not to mention the cheapskates who think they can get an e-commerce site similar to Amazon for £200 because some imbecile who can barely work a computer has told them they can do such a thing working from their bedroom.

As if an addled-brained Moo could actually put in the thought & work it takes to design a decent website.

I sure as hell wouldn't leave my pets with a Moo. It's hard enough for some pets to have to be away from their homes & owners without the added hell of being "cared" for by an inattentive Moo, let alone being pawed at & mauled by her sticky fingered offspring.
December 20, 2010
That article read like something out of the Onion.
December 20, 2010
One thing that can help: They can go to the Huggies website and get in touch with a "diaper ambassador" so they can get free diapers.
December 20, 2010
Geez, the article forgot to tell aspiring SAHMs to walk outside (difficult for them to do, I know) and rip the latest "Work from Home!!!" flyer off the nearest telephone pole! eye rolling smiley
December 20, 2010
This is beyond despicable. Do these cows have any pride whatsoever? The part about going for gubmint bennies makes me LIVID. And the comments are even worse! A bunch of clucking about how great the article is, "well researched", etc., simply because it's what THEY want to hear. FUCK these horrid sows!! angry flipping off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
December 20, 2010
Miss_Hannigan

6.Research work at home opportunities and offer to work at home. You might be able to watch other children in your home (but I thought daycares don't care?), have a vacation pet sitting service (you could take your kiddos),

NEVER, EVER! Many moos do this job. If you ever get a pet sitter to come to your home, put in the contract that the sitter cannot bring any children on your property. THEY WILL get into your stuff, harrass the pet who is already confused and perhaps break or steal something. If the kyds get hurt on your property you're screwed. There are professional pet sitters who would not do this.

I'm not against SAHMs who can afford it. The point is to stay at HOME and concentrate on THAT, clean the damn house and spend time teaching your kids stuff and cooking nice meals and working out with Shake Weights to keep up those skills. Just stay out of the damn work force already. Nobody wants to deal with your kids and I do not want to do business with SAHMs because they are always unprofessional.

The idea of voluntarily intentionally going on public assistance to enable being a SAHM is perverse and should be criminal.
Miss_Hannigan NLI
December 20, 2010
blondie
working out with Shake Weights to keep up those skills

'Nuff said!
December 20, 2010
I would not trust a Moo who runs an at-home or freelancing service because whatever they do will be completely half-assed. Fucking everyone thinks they're a goddamn web designer or a graphic designer because they know the most basic of HTML and they have a shiny pirated copy of Photoshop 7, or they fancy themselves a writer because they can click on the Synonyms button in Microsoft Word. A Moo will be too busy playing Farmville, eating Hot Pockets and watching Jerry Springer to do anything that even vaguely resembles the client's wishes in some kind of humorous, accidental way.

If you can't afford to sit your ass at home, then you don't sit your ass at home. You get up and go to work. If you can't afford a sitter, then you can't afford to have the kid. Put it up for adoption while it's still got a chance of being bought or fostered. These pigs think they deserve to have everyone else pay them just for shitting out kids and that their need to work like a normal person ended once the pee stick turned blue. And they won't even be taking care of the kid anyway - the house will never be cleaned and the kid will get neglected because Mommy is too busy playing with her Facebook page and buying stuff from Avon.
December 20, 2010
Miss_Hannigan NLI
blondie

'Nuff said!

Where's my creme fraiche???? waving hellolarious
Anonymous User
December 20, 2010
law1204
Miss_Hannigan NLI
blondie

'Nuff said!

Where's my creme fraiche???? waving hellolarious

YES! South Park rules!
December 20, 2010

2. Offer to your husband to go down to one car, move to a smaller house/apartment, do away with luxuries such as manicures, eat more inexpensive meals, and do whatever it takes financially to let you stay home.

They can offer all they want, but we all know that this is total BS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login