Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Friend lets her toddler wreck my house!" (Inpig moo wants advice)

Posted by kidlesskim 
"Friend lets her toddler wreck my house!" (Inpig moo wants advice)
February 01, 2011
http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1294736/friend-lets-her-toddler-wreck-my-house-advice

"I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this question as the kid I'm asking about isn't my own. But I'll give it a shot.

I'm not even a mom *quite* yet. I'm due with my first in a month! grinning smiley

Anyway, I have a friend who has a 17 month old daughter. They live on our street and so she stops by sometimes while they're out walking. Her daughter is a sweet wonderful kid and I like her a lot, but she tears my house apart and her mom does nothing! I don't like to step in and discipline someone else's kid, but what I end up doing is following her around as she pulls books off of shelves and splashes in my dog's water bowl, and generally goes like a tornado through my living room taking everything out of it's place and dumping it on the floor.

I have a chest full of wooden blocks, and a bunch of kid's books/toys/stuffed animals that I try to get her interested in, but her mom does nothing to redirect her to these age appropriate toys. She just laughs as her kid does whatever she wants and says things like, 'oh you're not baby proofed yet??'... ARGH!

Then when they leave, she never offers to help pick up all the stuff scattered around my house. I've already tried to minimize the time they spend over at my house, but what on earth can I say or do about this? Anything?"

saying 'wtf' I have some advice for her. How about REFUSING to let the bitch and her little hellion past the front door stoop? WHY would she even need to go mooing and lowing on a moo forum about something with SUCH an obvious answer?

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: "Friend lets her toddler wreck my house!" (Inpig moo wants advice)
February 01, 2011
Chances are she'll do the same thing with her own brat, once her brain ceases contact with reality and instead focuses like a laser beam on HER OWN PRECIOUS SPAWN.
February 01, 2011
Yep. She'll find out soon enough.
When I grew up my house was not "child-proofed". I just knew better to not go where I did not belong (until I was like 12 I was afraid that if I went into my parents' bedroom something bad would happen) and if there was a mess it had to be cleaned up before dinner.
February 01, 2011
I guarantee it'll be okay when her ickle pweshus does the same thing, but it'll be baaaad when someone else's brat does it. It's how all Moos think - if their brat and someone else's brat do the exact same act of misbehavior, the Moos will think their own spawn are adorable and that the other person's is a feral hellion.

I don't see why this woman can't just refuse to have her friend in her house. Go see GD Lazyass at HER hovel instead. Or isn't her VW Rabbit with no wheels big enough for another person?
February 01, 2011
If the brat's moo isn't up to making her shitling behave, someone else is going to have to do it for her. Brat is going to find out that doing whatever it wants is not going to fly outside its own shithole of a home. As for this neighbor, next time moo and shitling show up, she tells them "Sorry, I can't have you in the house today. I'm expecting company and I need my house to stay neat." If moo says she'll watch her brat, just say, "Sorry, but you never keep her from destroying things, and today I just can't take a chance." Yeah, the bitch'll probably never speak to you again, but really, what have you lost other than a moo who has no clue how to parent, and a brat who's destined to end up in juvie someday?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login