Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Consequences!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Consequences!
February 05, 2011

That'll larn them. You wreck something, you pay for it!
Re: Consequences!
February 05, 2011
While I realize that this might be staged, it's one of the BEST that I have ever seen! That older boy bawling is priceless too. If I even knew what it was that they were selling, I'd consider buying it just for the creative salesmanship. It certainly beats all of the craigslist beggars' ads.thumbs upwink

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
February 05, 2011
This. Made. My. DAY! I looked at the page and couldn't help but laugh at the two little shit-heads: one crying his eyes out, the other looking completely dumbfounded (I'm sure more than usual). It's good to see that there are still real, honest-to-the-gods, vengeful, punishing parents in the world. I'll be laughing about this for while to come. waving hellolarious
February 05, 2011
Good punishment here!=3
February 05, 2011
Holy shit, old school parents. I thought they were extinct!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 05, 2011
HA! Great punishment! Look at the miserable faces! MUAHAHAHAHA!

Wow... $125 fucking dollars in their "piggy banks"? Seriously? Wow... I guess I didn't know how to save at that age. But...um...how in the fuck? Well, I guess... Since kids get paid for shitting in the potty these days.
February 05, 2011
bid is up to 91$ with 25 bids
February 05, 2011
102.50$ now
February 05, 2011
PNBs! All parents should be like this! Of course one could argue that the kids weren't being properly supervised if they managed to wreak such havoc on the bathtub... but at least now these kids will learn their lesson and hopefully never even need to be supervised again, as they'll just internalize this humiliation and behave of their own volition. Their parents are draining their piggy bank AND making them sell enough toys to earn the money needed to fix the tub... no mercy! I love it.

I'd love to see what those stupid GD crunchy moos say about this. Someone should make a fake moomie account and post it as a topic for discussion... but it'd probably go way too far. I could totally see them banding together and have these children removed from the custody of their 'abusive', spirit-breaking parents.
February 05, 2011
kidlesskim
While I realize that this might be staged, it's one of the BEST that I have ever seen! That older boy bawling is priceless too. If I even knew what it was that they were selling, I'd consider buying it just for the creative salesmanship. It certainly beats all of the craigslist beggars' ads.thumbs upwink

it's apparently a small battle top.
February 05, 2011
305$$$$$

For a bunch of used toys!

Those kids should thank the heavens people are willing to come to help them.
February 05, 2011
Hahaha, that is just awesome. I'm glad to see parents who are willing to actually make their kids own up to their mistakes, humiliate them AND help pay for the repairs. I do hope it's real and not just assholes faking it trying to score some cash. Losing things they love and their savings will teach them right fucking quick that they can't wreck stuff. My mother did something like this to me when I was a kid - I did something she didn't like, so she took one of my favorite dolls and put it in the fireplace. I think I hid her keys from her in retaliation, but still she tried.

And I'm sure the seller has gotten all manner of hate mail over this too. From all the GD mommies who would never stifle their child's precious creativity over a silly bathtub. A parent who is not a doormat is not only foreign to them, but a threat. It's like how if the average American were to come face to face with a space alien, they'd kill it rather than trying to communicate and find out more about it.
February 05, 2011
I actually sent her a very nice e-mail. Here is what I wrote: "Hi there, I did not bid on your auction (it's a little too expensive), but I have to compliment you on your parenting. I see so many parents just laughing the stuff their children destroyed off as a "normal part of childhood". My parents did not accept this, nor would I. So, I just want to say thank you very much for properly parenting your children! (As in teaching them consequences of their actions and making THEM pay for the damage!) My parents would have done the exact same thing. I am sure your children are very well behaved otherwise! smiling smiley
-Amy"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
February 05, 2011
zatoth
305$$$$$

Yeah, you know it's only because of the backstory and photo of sobbing kyds that people are bidding. The kyds should have this pointed out to them.

I had never heard of these Beyblade things. They look like little plastic toys. What the fuck were those kyds DOING with them to cause that kind of damage??

It's good that the parents are making the kids see the consequences of their actions, but back in my day, waaaaay before things like eBay, we'd simply gotten our asses beaten to within an inch of our lives for pulling something so stupid, especially since we only had ONE bathroom and not our own, like these brats apparently do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
February 06, 2011
CrabCake
zatoth
305$$$$$

Yeah, you know it's only because of the backstory and photo of sobbing kyds that people are bidding. The kyds should have this pointed out to them.

I had never heard of these Beyblade things. They look like little plastic toys. What the fuck were those kyds DOING with them to cause that kind of damage??

It's good that the parents are making the kids see the consequences of their actions, but back in my day, waaaaay before things like eBay, we'd simply gotten our asses beaten to within an inch of our lives for pulling something so stupid, especially since we only had ONE bathroom and not our own, like these brats apparently do.

looking at these things, they appear to be a die cast metal top.

the auction appears to have been pulled.
February 06, 2011
Found this. Some good comments, including the expected ones saying that the parents were so meeeeaaaaannn for doing this. Supposedly the auction got up to $1100 before it was pulled, which is just insane.

http://kotaku.com/5752906/boys-beyblade-bathtub-breakage-begets-ebay-bailout

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
February 06, 2011
how is that being an "asshole"? if a child is destructive with a toy, you take it away. if a child destroys something, they should be taught to pay for it. i guess it would have been better if mom and dad just put a black mark on their happy poster and took them out for some sympathy ice cream because lord knows we should NEVER hurt their self fucking esteem!
February 06, 2011
I don't quite understand why the auction would be pulled.
Can someone explain?
February 06, 2011
cassia
I don't quite understand why the auction would be pulled.
Can someone explain?

violaion of terms-ebay may have received complaints.
February 06, 2011
Crabcake beat me to the link tongue sticking out smiley

I've been looking into this and I see a lot of "when I was a kid I loved playing with Beyblades". WTF are Beyblades?!? I'm not that damn old....am I? confused smiley

Anyways, I can see why they pulled that auction. In this kid-centric society of ours this can be seen as child abuse. In my childhood days this would have been seen as the "gentle discipline" approach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
Anonymous User
February 06, 2011
I don't know what the hell "Beyblades" are, but where the fuck were the parents when these little shits were destroying the fucking bathtub?

You gotta figure the damage was not done in such a way that was QUIET, eh?

Holy crap! If I did something like that my parents would have taken away every toy I ever owned.
Anonymous User
February 06, 2011
To the confused: Beyblades are basically tricked-out tops. The game is much like how they used to play marbles: let 'em rip and hope yours knock your opponent's out of the 'ring'.They're another Japanese import if memory serves. (think Pokemon; there's even cartoons about the things)

I didn't know WTH they were either until I saw some and a "battle arena" at a garage sale. Nifty little things, IMO, though I can't say the gameplay grabs me.
February 06, 2011
I don't know about the new beyblades but I know the old ones were weighted and the tip sharp enough that they could do a decednt amount of damage to some of the cheaper tubs in less time then you would think. Not to mention the metal "battle attachments" (basically protruding metal spikes).
February 06, 2011
One of my coworkers took away his kids' Pokemon cards when they were fighting over them at home and they actually called their dad at work screaming about each other. The rest of the office was LOLing our asses off and he says his two sons have been quiet and well behaved ever since he took their cards away, and that he's not giving them back either.

+++ for good parenting!
February 07, 2011
Picture is fucking priceless. More parents ought to do this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login