Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1871 Mona Lisa

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
1871 Mona Lisa
September 27, 2006
It's just as well, I never cared much for the Mona Lisa, anyway. Now I really hate it.

What a convenient discovery for the breeding community, now that must *REALLY* validate the fact that pahrunting is a noble profession. (eyes rolling)
Re: 1871 Mona Lisa
September 27, 2006
Oh for chrissakes....who the hell cares?! Will it change anything? Make anyone's life better? Improve the painting one iota? NO. So they waste doG knows how much money, without even restoring the painting so a person could actually see the details, to make another wild guess about the origins behind it. Gah. It's a dull picture that has just been randomly picked to "mean something".
Bosch is better, more interesting and much, much, more thought provoking. Not like he was a contemporary, but screw DaVinci, he was a hack.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
September 27, 2006
I still like the Mona Lisa but it bugs me that everything must be centered around pregnancy and motherhood. It would not surprise me if the woman was expecting during when she modeled for the painting. It is not as if women had access to contraception or abortion...much less make a conscious decision to not breed. Marriage and motherhood were the *only* options for a woman of that era.
Nour
September 28, 2006
I agree with you guys. So what if she was pregnant? Who fucking cares?? Why is this such a surprise? Why I actually saw the Mona Lisa at the Louvre. It's OK, I guess, (the painting is quite small) but I have a hard time understanding why the painting has been singled out.
September 28, 2006
See post below.
September 28, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still like the Mona Lisa but it bugs me that
> everything must be centered around pregnancy and
> motherhood. It would not surprise me if the woman
> was expecting during when she modeled for the
> painting. It is not as if women had access to
> contraception or abortion...much less make a
> conscious decision to not breed. Marriage and
> motherhood were the *only* options for a woman of
> that era.

Exactly.
September 29, 2006
i say she is smiling in happiness... for not having that brat around when she was being painted.. thats why the smile, the yay i dont have to have the kid with me

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
September 29, 2006
The Mona Lisa may have been a mawm is still making the Internet news. What is so amazing about that??? A dog breeds so this is not some sort of big event. With all the stuff that is going on in the world and in our own areas, I would like to think that the ML model being pregnant at the time of the painting would be something that would maybe make the blip in the international section of the newspaper. But...I am sure this has to make the moos feel special as they will try to relate to this woman.
Anonymous User
September 29, 2006
Now Moo has to relate to a portrait of a woman painted in the 15th century to validate herself as a woman? Damn, you're probably right, India! How utterly pathetic...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login