Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moo Lows About Getting Nothing for Moo-Daysad smiley

Posted by kidlesskim 
Moo Lows About Getting Nothing for Moo-Daysad smiley
May 08, 2011
http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1045944/Didn_t_get_anything_for_Mother_s_Day_should_I_recipicate_with_Father_s_Day

"My eldest said she woke up at 5 am to make me breakfast in bed. It was actually about 8:30 and she just brought in the leftovers of what everyone else had eaten (and not the french toast I had requested). She's 15. My 13 yr old boy gave me a chocolate bar his sunday school teacher gave him to make me a card (it was plain paper with Happy Mother's Day" scribbled on it no work whatsoever. He only did it because the teacher had all the kids do it...I'm just lucky he didn't eat the hershey bar himself. My 9 yr old did the most. She was at our neighbors the day before who was cutting flowers and hanging them to dry. She brought me a small bunch (looked like weeds but the thought did count) and a cute card (not a whole lot of effort into making it and she usually gets elaborate with drawings etc.). From DH...NOTHING.

Been crying all day and they keep asking what's wrong. I sent my mom a $60 + arrangement (she lives 6 hrs away) and even made a very large, beautiful flower arrangement for DH's mother that took me till 5 am to make. AND I printed a card FROM HIM on the computer. I feel like my family thinks I'm a crappy mom and I am extremely depressed (I have a 12 month old but heck, he just looks at me adoringly so that's enough for me). I am not a vindictive person. I am always the one who plans parties and want to do things for others. Why won't other's even acknowledge my hard work as a full time mom and part time worker (at home). I have 4 kids and no respect or appreciation (it feels like).

What a winer I am! I'm usually not like this but I am EXTREMELY hurt. So I understand what you are going through. I wish I could make them understand how devestated I am. I don't want much, evena single pretty flower in a vase, or a small box of chocolates, a small teddy, homemade SOMETHING that has thought and effort put into it.

Sorry to vent. Been a sad day seeing all the moms at chrch with their gifts from their kids.

confused smiley
1)Her teen daughter made her breakfast and served it to her in bed
2)Her teen son gave her a homemade card and a chocolate bar
3)Her 9 y/o took the time to make and give her a dried flower arrangement along with a card

Yet, all she has done is criticize and complain and martyr herself for ALL that she allegedly does for others. I think that her real complaint is that her husband did nothing and didn't go out and buy expensive gifts for all of the kids to give her and take her out to an expensive restaurant. This moo-cunt is a stereotypical bitch who feels entitled.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: Moo Lows About Getting Nothing for Moo-Daysad smiley
May 08, 2011
whining martyr head case

Sorry to vent. Been a sad day seeing all the moms at chrch with their gifts from their kids.

Whatwhatwhat? Women are taking these gifts to church with them? Do they load them into some sort of basket and then display them on the pews next to them? Do they have display tables in the vestibule so that all the parishoners can see the homespun sentiments of the magical sproggen, not just the ones sitting nearby? This is seriously weird.
May 08, 2011
So her kids do things for her on Mother's Day but it's not good enough. I'm sure that her sentiments have been conveyed to the kids via her whining, crying, etc. etc. So now the kids think they did something wrong, when all they did was try to wish their Mom Happy Mother's Day. She "requested" a specific breakfast and all she got was leftovers? Why didn't she get her sorry ass out of bed to eat with the rest of the family? She's the moo, shouldn't she want to be at the table with her spawn? Oh no, she's the queen bee who should loll around in bed all day because she's spayysshull. And WHAT is this bullshit with calling her baby a 12-month old? Twelve months is a year, you stupid cow. Your loaf is a year old. What is it with measuring age in months with these morons? This entire diatribe is about how no one did enough for her, or it wasn't good enough. No wonder her husband didn't even try. He knew that it would never measure up to her expectations. Gawd, what a bitch. I feel sorry for those kids.
May 08, 2011
So freaking typical. :Violin
May 08, 2011
Tiquer
whining martyr head case

Whatwhatwhat? Women are taking these gifts to church with them? Do they load them into some sort of basket and then display them on the pews next to them? Do they have display tables in the vestibule so that all the parishoners can see the homespun sentiments of the magical sproggen, not just the ones sitting nearby? This is seriously weird.

Down South moos will adorn themselves with noodle necklaces, construction paper roses, and card board Burger King crowns scribbled over with Majic Markers on Moo Day. They proudly display them at church and anywhere else that it might dredge up some attention.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
May 08, 2011
May 08, 2011
Nothing is ever good enough for an average Moo on Mother's Day. Nothing. You don't try, they bitch. You try, they bitch. Odds are the kids probably did try harder in years past and saw that they could never ever make Moo happy, so they just quit trying and did some half-assed shit. "The thought is what counts" is a good mantra, but most often it is used to express distaste because it's said in a snotty way. Hey, be glad your kids did something for your ass at all. It's just these pigs set themselves up to be disappointed - they expect their kids to give them diamond jewelry and cook lobster, so of course they're going to get pissed and whiny when they get a five-minute card and a candy bar.

They have this fantasy in their heads of what they feel they deserve, and it's usually impossible shit. And if by some chance they DO get their fantasy holiday, they will expect that or better next year. So why bother? These are women who will never be happy with what they get. They are also usually the ones who write a long, depressing magnum opus about their failed IVF and how they long so much for a child they can love and cherish. Meanwhile, they've got four other children who she is apparently done cherishing and loving.

Mother's Day snuck up on me again this year, so you know what my mom got from me? A bouquet of origami flowers. I was up at 3 this morning hot-gluing paper together. And she loved them. One rare good thing about my mom is she always says she never wants anything, so if I just get a card or some trinket thing she'd like (like earrings), she's happy. I wrote the corniest poem in her Christmas card and hand-painted the front and she was sobbing because she thought it was so pretty.

It's funny because my mom also occasionally bitches about how no one appreciates what she does, she needs to get out of her life, etc.
May 08, 2011
Wow and you know if the one year old gets gas & cries instead of looking at her adoringly, she'll take that as a Mother's Day insult.
May 08, 2011
She must not be a very bizzy mawm if she has a 1 year old and still keeps close track of what national holidays everyone is expected to bow down and worship her with elaborate gifts requiring hours of labor.
May 08, 2011
This one sentence sums up her whole bitchiness:

I sent my mom a $60 + arrangement (she lives 6 hrs away) and even made a very large, beautiful flower arrangement for DH's mother that took me till 5 am to make.

All this woman wants for Mother's Day is the breakfast in bed of her choice at the time she dictates. Not to mention a card and present from each kid and hubby in the $50 - $100 range each.

I think next year the hubby and kids should send her to a hotel with room service and a $500 prepaid Visa. Then while she is away, move the hell out of dodge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
May 08, 2011
(I have a 12 month old but heck, he just looks at me adoringly so that's enough for me).

And you're complaining again, why?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login