Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Girl Has Dead Squirrel As Pet

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Girl Has Dead Squirrel As Pet
May 12, 2011
http://blogs.discovery.com/animal_oddities/2011/05/little-girl-has-dead-squirrel-as-pet.html#mkcpgn=fbapl1
It's nice to know that parents these days have morals.*Sarcasm*When I was a kid I knew better than to play with a dead animal.Not only just because it might have a disease,but it's just morally wrong to play with something dead.Add to that the fact they are almost gloating that their dog killed the poor thing.My dog is 8 years old and has never killed another living creature.What on Earth is wrong with those people that they think it is ok for their dog to go around killing other animals?This absolutely disgusts me and makes me so thankful that I will never bring a kid into this world when there are "parent's" such as these.
Re: Girl Has Dead Squirrel As Pet
May 12, 2011
I have HUGE amounts of hope for the future of this child.
May 12, 2011
WHAT. THE. FUCK ?!? :crz
May 12, 2011
LOL. I totally wore a tiny-tee today that was for a fake movie (I think it's fake) called "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things",

This is gross, though. Squirrels carry disease and they are FILLED with fleas and other parasites. But I guess it's okay and safe because it's dead? WTF?
Anonymous User
May 13, 2011
waving hellolarious

I couldn't finish the video. It was both revolting and hilarious at the same time.
May 13, 2011
I have a different take on this, perhaps because of my rural upbringing. If this is in a rural setting (I didn't watch the video), I wouldn't be surprised to observe this, although it doesn't need to be filmed.

It seems like the person who wrote that page thought it wasn't such a bad video:

Why was this cute kid playing with an animal corpse? Why were her parents recording it and showing it to the world? Who would let their kid touch a dead rodent? How did the poor squirrel end up dead?

But all of these questions are answered as you watch the video and ultimately, you have to appreciate the girl's unashamed and innocent curiosity about the world around her, and her parents' efforts to encourage that while discouraging the potentially disease-spreading practice of playing with dead things.
Anonymous User
May 13, 2011
the noodler
LOL. I totally wore a tiny-tee today that was for a fake movie (I think it's fake) called "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things",

Yep, that's a real movie. It came out in the early 70s.
May 13, 2011
I didn't want to watch it because I can already imagine it in my mind. I don't know the age of the kyd, but I remember understanding what dead was at a very early age and can't remember ever having played with or wanting to play with or even touch anything that was dead. Unless it's a scavenger or starving to death, even animals steer clear of other already dead animals. The kyd playing with it is bad enough, but the parents condoning it is even worse. My God these people are nasty as hell.Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
May 13, 2011
the noodler

This is gross, though. Squirrels carry disease and they are FILLED with fleas and other parasites. But I guess it's okay and safe because it's dead? WTF?

That's an actual movie, sweets.
May 13, 2011
Your brain bleech ::brbl video:

I don't blame the dog for killing the squirrel, it's what animals do sometimes. I also can understand the kid's curiosity. But for the parents to allow the kid to actually play with a dead animal is sick. To film it is REALLY sick.

I can't watch the video. I had a sort of pet squirrel (it used to drink out of our pool) until one day it ended up drowning in the pool. Fishing him out was NOT fun, at all.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
May 13, 2011
After reading this thread I suddenly have the urge to read Of Mice and Men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login