Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This is another good article....

Posted by retro lizard 
This is another good article....
June 02, 2011
http://www.doublex.com/section/life/get-your-kid-your-facebook-page
The above article has 2 pages.
Im staunchly & truely childfree, so I have been lurking here on & off. I occasionally read other people's opinions on things I have strong opinions reguarding & being childfree is one of them. So, in this instance, I happened to find this gem. I don't know if you guys have seen it, but I knew you would love it.
Re: This is another good article....
June 03, 2011
Thank you

lab mom
Anonymous User
June 03, 2011
Yes, I've read this because I once looked up this same topic too. I cannot fucking stand when people use their kids' picture as their facebook profile picture.

However, I do not think these women are "hiding behind their kids' pictures." I honestly think they are trying to show off. They're not being shy, they're boasting. And probably fishing for compliments on how "cute" their fuck product is.

"Look how cyuuuuute my child is....I made her with my own cunt!"
Anonymous User
June 03, 2011
Oh and I also take issue with this sentence....

"One’s children are of course an important achievement, and arguably one’s most important achievement, but that doesn’t mean that they are who you are."

I hate that the author felt the need to slip that in there, just to breeder-please.

I would never argue that anyone's children are their most important achievement. Human sexual reproduction is not an "achievement." It's a biological consequence.
You eat, you take a shit. You fuck, you sometimes get a baby.

It's not an achievement. It's a simple happening. Therefore, I never congratulate anyone on getting pregnant. Congratulate them for what? Just what have they done that merits a "congratulations?"

Sidetrack over. Sorry.
June 03, 2011
The article has been mentioned before, but it's always nice to revisit and re-read topics, and see comments from newer members. (Consider this link for anyone who wants to read some more discussion on the topic, not a request for the topics to be merged or a complaint.)
June 03, 2011
I've often wondered about that myself. My handle on the board, mumofsixbirds, is supposed to be a jab at the notion of wombyn hiding behind their brat's identities on fakebook. Kinda like "momof2boys, or Kaylee'sdad.
What really disturbs me is when people post ultrasound pics...the loaf isn't even hatched yet, and in some cases the damned thing already has a personality!
I wish CF people didn't feel the need to breeder-please when they write articles about childfree life. It's perfectly fine not to like kyds, and most of the brats I see running loose are by no means great achievments. (Unless their chief goal is to drive me nuts everywhere I go.)
June 03, 2011
I can understand why relatives and friends would get and/or want kid pictures, but the only reason that a breeder would post kid pics or carry around a literal slide show of kid pics to whip out and display to strangers and acquaintances has a different type of motivation, I believe. They HAVE to know that a stranger or acquaintance has no interest in their kid(s), so the only reasons I can summon include the following:

1)They are proud that they have self replicated for all of the bingo reasons, "Look at the mini me!", "My baybee oven-dick works!", " I have a bio- legacy and therefore eternal life!", "I was fruitful and multiplied like God commanded!", "Look what a good moo-duh I am!", "Look at the sacrifice I have made!", and so forth and so on, blah blah blah blah.
2)They think people will be envious of their picture book-fairy tale life
3)They believe that strangers are truly interested in their kids when few ever are
4)It makes them feel like they "fit in" with societal expectations and for some odd reason they think this is a legitimate source of pride
5)They think that shitting loaves is an accomplishment worthy of praise

I am certain there are other motivations, but I just can't wrap my brain around any of them.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 03, 2011
I love this:

I have a friend whose daughter for a very long time wore squeaky sneakers. These sneakers emitted what was to adult ears an unbelievably annoying squeak with every single step she took. I asked my friend once why she put up with the sneakers, and she said, “Because she likes them!” Imagine being in this new generation, discovering with every joyous squeak of your sneakers, that Galileo was wrong, and the sun is not the center of the universe, you are!

I personally don't care if someone uses their kid's photo as their profile picture. Whatever. I think people take FB too seriously anyway. My picture is of an animal and not me just because I know how FB will post your picture and name on different web sites without telling you. If it weren't for all of the amusing trainwreckage I'm watching on FB right now (hey I don't watch soaps, this is the closest I get), I'd delete my account due to privacy concerns. Then I'd pack a backpack full of the bare essentials and go live in a cabin in the woods. bouncing and laughing

However, I think it's revolting when people (girls and guys do it) use an ultrasound photo as a profile pic. Those fetus photos that look like some sort of blurry potato-baybee hybrid squick me the hell out. I also hate when preggos post a dozen status updates a day about how they are nauseous, vomiting, have "baybee brain" (yes I've seen this - apparently pignasty makes you forgetful), on and on. Then baybee arrives and if they are a friend IRL there is a sort of pressure to say Congratz!!! on there if everyone else in your friend circle is doing so, especially if they are on moo leave and having nothing better to do than post five dozen photo albums on their baybee's First Week. :baybie1 :smn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login