Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The manners of a moo

Posted by yurble 
The manners of a moo
June 01, 2011
I was on the tram, as was this woman with a stroller (surprisingly small--it looked like it could have been taken on and off the tram by one careful person). She was blabbing on her cell phone, and kept at it even when she reached her stop. A teenaged girl who was getting on the tram grabbed the front of the stroller to help her remove it. The woman continued talking on her phone, and grabbed just one handle of her stroller until it became clear that it was going to tip over if she didn't use both hands.

She finally put her phone away so that she could get off the tram--then immediately resumed her conversation as soon as the stroller was on the ground. The teenager was a bit miffed and called out after her, "Hey, you're welcome!"

One more reason not to help breeders--you won't even get so much as a thank you.
Re: The manners of a moo
June 01, 2011
You gotta wonder how some of these idiots existed before cell phones.

jbs
June 01, 2011
Of course you won't get a "thank you." It's because that would take away attention from moo and her loaf. I believe that, in the barely operating mind of a moo, they think that *they* should be the ones thanked even when they haven't done anything.
Anonymous User
June 01, 2011
Wow. Sad, but typical.

At least the actions of the teen showed evidence that PNB's aren't a totally extinct species after all, and good for her for letting the rude moo know she was out of order treating someone's kindness as her due as Queen Shit Moo.
June 01, 2011
This is just an example of why there are so many "accidents" involving strollers and kids, but of course the moos have "suffered enough"™ whenever anything predictably happens.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Anonymous User
June 01, 2011
amy
Wow. Sad, but typical.

At least the actions of the teen showed evidence that PNB's aren't a totally extinct species after all, and good for her for letting the rude moo know she was out of order treating someone's kindness as her due as Queen Shit Moo.

I don't blame the teen at all, I do the same thing if I take the time to do something nice for someone. The least they could do is say "thank you". Of course, we are talking about an entitlemoo... all she cares about is herself and how much attention she can garner for herself and her shitling eye rolling smiley
June 01, 2011
Whenever I go out of my way to do something nice for someone and they don't even say,"Thank you", it pisses me off. I have examined the possible reasons that it pisses me off such as am I doing a good deed in order to get recognition or thanks. Perhaps I am subconsciously, but it really doesn't matter. It is common courtesy to thank people when they have done something nice and when someone fails to do so it reflects on their lack of rudimentary and basic social skills. Maybe some people have a difficult time saying thanks, but I don't give a shit. I have a hard time maneuvering among car buggies and wailing sacks of shit on a near daily basis without going off on these bastards, so I expect no less from them.angrily flogging with a whip

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
June 01, 2011
amy
Wow. Sad, but typical.

I was certainly team millennial on this one, despite what we've said in general about that generation!
June 01, 2011
THEY HAVE NO MANNERS. Need not be said.
June 01, 2011
kidlesskim
Whenever I go out of my way to do something nice for someone and they don't even say,"Thank you", it pisses me off. I have examined the possible reasons that it pisses me off such as am I doing a good deed in order to get recognition or thanks. Perhaps I am subconsciously, but it really doesn't matter. It is common courtesy to thank people when they have done something nice and when someone fails to do so it reflects on their lack of rudimentary and basic social skills. Maybe some people have a difficult time saying thanks, but I don't give a shit. I have a hard time maneuvering among car buggies and wailing sacks of shit on a near daily basis without going off on these bastards, so I expect no less from them.angrily flogging with a whip

FWIW, if you ever go to areas of the country where there are Amish or Pennsylvania Dutch populations, don't expect a Thank You or a You're welcome, should you perhaps maybe buy some of their products/produce/baked goods/etc. They feel it is a display of vanity/pride running opposite to their beliefs.
June 02, 2011
the noodler
kidlesskim

FWIW, if you ever go to areas of the country where there are Amish or Pennsylvania Dutch populations, don't expect a Thank You or a You're welcome, should you perhaps maybe buy some of their products/produce/baked goods/etc. They feel it is a display of vanity/pride running opposite to their beliefs.

There's an Amish community near my area and all of them say "Thank you" when you buy something in their stores. When they come to town they are also friendly and exhibit excellent manners and common courtesies.

June 02, 2011
Snark Shark
the noodler
kidlesskim

Well, NOW i want to knock one of their BARNS over.

June 02, 2011
kidlesskim

Kim,do you think part of the reason it pisses you off so deeply could be because, when someone behaves the way the moo in this topic did for example,it seems like they are implying the person who did the good deed is beneath them? After all, why should she thank a peasant for giving her the respect and service that is her due as Queen Shit Moo? I get pissed off when someone doesn't thank me for going out of my way for them,too.Not all the time,but sometimes, and ,in addition to it making me feel I have wasted my time helping someone who is a twat,it also makes me feel this way.

Someone trying to put you in your place for no reason is offensive.Someone doing it so casually and unthinkingly,as if not even considering the possibility that you are not somehow beneath them? That would piss off any decent person with self respect.
June 02, 2011
When someone doesn't say thank you to another, it implies to me there is an overblown expectation of assistance and a sense of entitlement on the part of the person receiving help. Sadly, I find that I am becoming less helpful to my fellow man because some people are such assholes.
June 03, 2011
the noodler
kidlesskim

I'm just speculating but I read somewhere that a certain culture doesn't say "Thank You" or whatever because good behavior is expected from everyone so there is no need to say anything about it. It might be a similar situation with the particular cultures you described. Or they could be douche captains. LOL.
June 03, 2011
Tiquer
When someone doesn't say thank you to another, it implies to me there is an overblown expectation of assistance and a sense of entitlement on the part of the person receiving help. Sadly, I find that I am becoming less helpful to my fellow man because some people are such assholes.

This, I agree and same here.

lab mom
June 03, 2011
JayJay
the noodler

I'm just speculating but I read somewhere that a certain culture doesn't say "Thank You" or whatever because good behavior is expected from everyone so there is no need to say anything about it. It might be a similar situation with the particular cultures you described. Or they could be douche captains. LOL.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for different cultures to have different views on the matter. If the Amish aren't in favor of this, and I go into their culture, I have no reason to be upset. If, on the other hand, they come into my culture (such as selling produce at the market), I think they should attempt to abide by the social rules of the culture they are in. So just like they speak old German amongst themselves, and English when dealing with outsiders, I think they can adapt mannerisms to the culture they're in.

That's assuming that this is the case...I haven't noticed it with any Amish person I've interacted with. In my interactions with them, they've always struck me as quite gracious and polite.
June 03, 2011
In my region, the Amish are extremely polite.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login