Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shocking! Duh Doesn't get away with it!

Posted by thom_c 
Shocking! Duh Doesn't get away with it!
June 04, 2011
But moo might: convicted but sentencing delayed.

Vegas Man Gets Prison After Son Died In SUV

http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/28085079/detail.html

LAS VEGAS -- A Las Vegas man will serve eight to 30 years in prison after being found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and child abuse stemming from the death of his 4-year-old son, who was left alone in a vehicle for 17 hours.

Stan Rimer and his wife, Colleen, were arrested in June 2008. Colleen Rimer was also due to be sentenced on Tuesday, but that hearing was delayed.

In court, Stan Rimer submitted a 12-page letter pleading for probation, admitting he takes full responsibility for the death of his son, Jason.

But Rimer’s requests were denied by District Court Judge Douglas Herndon, who said he didn’t believe the father felt responsible.

Jason Rimer died of heat stress in the family’s sport utility vehicle on June 9, 2008. His parents and four siblings were inside their home, and no one noticed the boy was missing.

Jason suffered from myotonic dystrophy, a genetic disease that rendered him unable to walk properly and perform other functions.

In court, one of his elder brothers testified that the boy was incapable of doing simple tasks, such as bathing himself.

"How can you not check on your son?" Herndon asked Stan Rimer before he was sentenced. The judge appeared near tears as he spoke, saying he had rarely seen a case involving so many children and varying degrees of abuse.

Vid at link.

What a piece of shit! Also, a TWELVE PAGE letter?! From the sound of this guy's intelligence, it was probably something along the lines of, "I admit I did it," and the rest consisting of, "Give me probation. Please, please, please, please, please, please (etc.)." Something tells me he won't get probation.
Re: Shocking! Duh Doesn't get away with it!
June 05, 2011
Something tells me that this wasn't a horrible, tragic, "accident." I think the parents were tired of the responsibility of a special needs kid.
June 05, 2011
Damn right this was no accident...you have a kid that has a condition marked by the person's inability to do simple things. Most people with disabled children keep a very close eye on them to ensure their safety. When the spedcial kid in the family is left in a hot car for 17 hours and nobody notices he's not around asking for someone's help, there was no accident going on. This was Mommy and Daddy willingly letting him fry because they were too proud to stick him in the system.

I'd like to know what the other four kids were told as far as Jason's whereabouts. Did Mommy and Daddy lie to them, or were they all in on the scheduled broiling?
June 05, 2011
"So many children and varying degrees of abuse..." So the other kids were abused, as well? And it took the handicapped kid dying to get them rescued? So sad.
June 05, 2011
This is a step in the right direction, but I believe that's because the case is SO BLATANT, due to the child's disabilities, that the prosecutor didn't have a choice. So, when it's a healthy kid who they bake to death everyone thinks it was a tragic "accident", but when it's a poor defective kid, they all believe that he was a burden and therefore expendable to the parents. They need to prosecute ALL cases of Locked in Hot Car Syndrome™ Even if the cases were lost, there would be a record of it for their next attempt or possibly a deterrent to it.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 05, 2011
It's not like the kid went out into the car by himself and got too sick from the heat to go back inside. This kid was more dependent on others... and oopsy, forgot? My ass! I hope moomy gets the book thrown at her as well.

I hope this marks the end of "they've suffered enough" and start prosecuting these losers.
June 05, 2011
Sorceress
Something tells me that this wasn't a horrible, tragic, "accident." I think the parents were tired of the responsibility of a special needs kid.

so this! if you have a kid with something like that, it is highly unlikely (next to impossible) that you would just forget to check on him at some point even in an hour. i have a feeling the prosecutor, judge and jury all reached that conclusion, but did not have any concrete evidence to prove the parents did it deliberately.
June 05, 2011
gwdzee
It's not like the kid went out into the car by himself and got too sick from the heat to go back inside. This kid was more dependent on others... and oopsy, forgot? My ass! I hope moomy gets the book thrown at her as well.

I hope this marks the end of "they've suffered enough" and start prosecuting these losers.

i hope so, too. the problem is, though, you'll then have parents moving next to train tracks in record numbers.
June 05, 2011
zatoth
gwdzee

i hope so, too. the problem is, though, you'll then have parents moving next to train tracks in record numbers.

That, and an exponential number of "accidental" drownings recently as well in just about any pool of water including backyard pools drainage ditches, irrigation canals, lakes, rivers, oceans, cesspools, and bathtubs. Didn't one kid drown in a puddle of cow shit on a farm last year?

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
June 05, 2011
kidlesskim
zatoth
gwdzee

That, and an exponential number of "accidental" drownings recently as well in just about any pool of water including backyard pools drainage ditches, irrigation canals, lakes, rivers, oceans, cesspools, and bathtubs. Didn't one kid drown in a puddle of cow shit on a farm last year?

a train track next to a lake or with a drainage ditch will become the next hottest property...
June 05, 2011
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/03/josiah-martin-dead-manure-pit_n_803496.html

This isn't the one I was remembering, but it's basically the same thing. There's a dangerous pit of shit on a farm and young kids aren't being properly supervised around it and/or it isn't adequately fenced or secured. However, in this case it was a Mennonite kid and generally speaking their parents don't kill them.

June 06, 2011
Jesus keerist. 17 hours? And it was a special needs/handicapped child? Oh, PNA fo-sho. I mean, 17 hours? Hell, if I don't see one of our 4 cats for more than a 3 hour stretch, I'm grabbing the flashlight and checking under beds.
Anonymous User
June 06, 2011
Ugh, with some further googling, the moo had the same (seriously fucked up) genetic disorder the kid had, myotonic dystrophy.

The symptoms and variability of this disorder is just mind-boggling. Mind-boggling!
http://www.myotonic.org/medical-information/about-the-disorder/symptoms/systems-affected/

So this disabled woman has eight (count 'em, 8!) children with this man, but her disability makes day to day functioning very difficult. So why pump out a bunch of spawn you can't take care of? Shameful they had all those children they couldn't take care of--in a nod to the "Mooing About Husbands Not Helping Out" thread, apparently the douchefuck dad felt that all care of the children was his [disabled] wife's job. According to the LVRJ article cited below, at least one of the kids said they'd never seen Duh change a diaper. But wife is disabled, and can't care for all the spawn, so what's the solution? Stan and Colleen Rimer locked themselves in a nice room, with nice food, upstairs, and forced their children to fend for themselves, downstairs, making the older kids "take care" of the younger ones.

But of course, we CF are considered "damaged" for not wanting children, unlike abusive breeder trash like the Rimers, who seem to think abhorrent living conditions are somehow acceptable for their passel of kids they can't take care of. Not to mention how fucked up it is to make children raise their younger siblings.

I also can't believe there's no outright accusations about murder, everyone keeps framing it as "a tragedy." Stan Rimer must have done his homework, planned ahead. http://www.lvrj.com/news/inherited-disease-brings-two-fold-tragedy-to-rimer-family-123008973.html

At least the surviving kids are now with moo's parents (surprise! It's your golden years, now it's time for family 2.0, since your child can't raise her own children!). I hope they are finally in a loving, supportive home where they can be free from all that horrific abuse. Shudder. And at least Stan Rimer's dance card will be full in prison.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login