Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post 619 Holiday Moooing

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
Post 619 Holiday Moooing
November 23, 2005
My mother deals with the same shit at the hospital she works at. She's been there for 26 years and did her time with holidays, evenings and weekends - and she had kids yet too! We weren't real little but still would have liked mom at home on Christmas day! As the girls in her department move up the ladder through older ones leaving, they hire people to do the weekends, holidays, evenings. And of course on the interviews, the moos say they have no problem with the hours, just to get their fat foot in the door. Figuring, of course, that once they are there, they can start making the rules. WRONG. Luckily mom's manager (who has grown kids) is very strict and doesn't bend for them. Too bad other managers in the world aren't like-minded. Naturally, the moos start a personal agenda and pester the other girls directly, "Oh, can you please do my 3-11 shift? Snotleigh has a soccer game I don't want to miss." The moos get told, "Look, YOU were hired for the shift, YOU'RE doing it, not me."
Feh
Re: Post 619 Holiday Moooing
November 23, 2005
File a grievance with your union. They're there for you as well as the moos. Whether or not they're UAW should be irrelevant.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.