Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

@PeanutFreeMom Twatter Hoax

Posted by pepper labeija 
@PeanutFreeMom Twatter Hoax
July 12, 2011
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/07/12/peanutfreemom-parody-twitter-feed-is-so-spot-on-it-sparks-rage/

:biggrin2
Re: @PeanutFreeMom Twatter Hoax
July 12, 2011
DOH!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/07/twitters-peanut-free-mom-pokes-fun-at-mommy-bloggers.html

"...The Times received a credible email from a man from the Boston suburbs who said he was Peanut Free Mom.

"I am not a comedian. I work with kids," he wrote. "I made the account to make my friends laugh. I am not trying to make light of the peanut allergy or single mothers. I just wanted to create a character that was overwhelmingly pompous upper-middle class divorcee that dishes out parenting advice.

"All the Parenting Tips are actual things I heard throughout my career in working with children," he said. "I WAS surprised at how quickly it caught on. It started on a Sunday and had 5,000 followers within a week. I happened to be on vacation at the time and had a LOT of time to tweet. I’ve started a few fake accounts, but none of them really took off."

He asked to remain anonymous."

waving hellolarious Let the stampede begin!

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: @PeanutFreeMom Twatter Hoax
July 12, 2011

Click here to login