Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teen Moo Jackasses

Posted by surfinbird 
Teen Moo Jackasses
August 15, 2011
I'm a Celebrity! And - You can get pregnant if you don't use protection! :iws

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-pregnancy-young-mom-treat-celebrity-mtv-show/story?id=13039764
Re: Teen Moo Jackasses
August 15, 2011
"While that's good news, the United States still has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the developed world; twice as high as the U.K., and three times as high as Canada. One in six U.S. girls will become a teen mother, and the annual public cost of teen childbearing is estimated at $9.1 billion."

One in SIX?! WHERE are these girls' PARENTS?
August 15, 2011
They should rename the program, "Teen Losers and Their Loser Parents and Loser Boyfriends."

This programming is direct out of an "Idiocracy"-type playbook. The show clearly promotes taking steps to ruin your life in the name of, "it will all work out in the end!" No, it won't.

The other 99.9% of teen moms won't get a TV salary. And the attention they get will be very temporary. No one will be waking up in the middle of the night to help them. And why? Because generally speaking, nobody cares. *We* certainly don't care. But even if you look on the other end of the spectrum, breeders don't care either. Breeders care only about *their own* kids. And while they may shower attention and praise upon other breeders and breeders-to-be, how many times have you ever seen them actually *help* each other out with child rearing duties? And I'm talking about the truly awful parts of it. I haven't seen it.

And so when these youngsters claim, "My babydaddy will be there for me!" or "My friends will be there for me!" No, they won't. The father will likely abandon you because he's too young to be a father and be tied down like that. And even if he did, what good is he? He's 17 and has absolutely no job skills and if he's paying child support, he'll have absolutely no personal capital to invest in himself anyway. He's a loser just like you. Your friends will be busy with prom, graduation, and, you know,.... being productive and unlike you, they'll actually be trying to make something of themselves.

The show is typical breeder nonsense... 100% attention whoring. Pregnant teens and non-pregnant teens don't need more attention--they need a REALITY CHECK. And in real-life, I refuse to give any attention to them. I think if more people followed suit it could serve as a wake-up call, or warning, at least for some of them.
August 15, 2011
clematis
"While that's good news, the United States still has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the developed world; twice as high as the U.K., and three times as high as Canada. One in six U.S. girls will become a teen mother, and the annual public cost of teen childbearing is estimated at $9.1 billion."

I take exception to that last line, because it seems to imply that the parents of the girls should lock them up to keep them from having sex. Where are the parents of the boys who are knocking up these girls? Or, perhaps more usefully, why don't these kids seem to have knowledge of and access to contraception, and why does society teach that anything other than abortion is appropriate under these circumstances?

I do wonder if that is a real statistic, though. I could believe a statistic like "given 100 girls, by the time they reach 20, they will have produced 17 babies between them." This is, of course, a completely different statistic than what was stated, and a girl who had one at 15, twins at 17, and another at 19 would have contributed 4 during her teen years. At least, I hope that's the actual statistic, because it is (slightly) less scary.

In Europe, the UK is considered to have a very high teenage pregnancy rate, so it's odd to see it being stated here as if it were low.
August 15, 2011
yurble
clematis

I take exception to that last line, because it seems to imply that the parents of the girls should lock them up to keep them from having sex. Where are the parents of the boys who are knocking up these girls? Or, perhaps more usefully, why don't these kids seem to have knowledge of and access to contraception, and why does society teach that anything other than abortion is appropriate under these circumstances?.

Yurble: You are correct to take exception, since you make good points, and my initial reaction was one-sided. Absolutely it falls on the boys as well, and both sexes should be educated about and have access to birth control.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login