Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let's Have Another One After the Defective One

Posted by loavesstillsuck 
Let's Have Another One After the Defective One
August 31, 2011
I threw my hip out and had to go to the chiropractor. (That's what I get for shovelling 56 buckets full of water out of our flooded basement with short ceilings -- shovelling with a plastic snow shovel. I figured our already moldy house didn't need a huge pool of three inches of water staying in the basement for weeks. Couldn't use a sump pump because electric wasn't working to run one. Fun hunching over in the basement for three hours -- but good exercise for a loaf like me.)

Anyhoo.

Unhealthy looking really fat, really course and vulgar moo is there with her three daughters. Well, one of them is a little baby so I can't confirm its gender. The baby is just sitting in one of those carryon basket things on the floor (really clean, really responsible for when somebody comes along and trips over it.) Middle child is a Downs kid running all over the place. Moo only occasionally coos, "Don't do that, put that down, don't go outside," etc. but mostly Little Debbie Downs is running around like the usual monkey about ready to get into physical danger, but moo doesn't care. Moo has an older daughter who seems relatively normal but not behaving much better. Moo spends forever talking to the receptionist about money, bitching about something. Probably couldn't afford to pay and was trying to get away with a partial payment or something.

I head in for my session with the chiropractor. He's a breeder type himself so he doesn't even shut the fucking doors to the treatment room and lets Debbie Downs, whom he doesn't even know except as a patient, run screaming and yelling through the room. She's getting up on the treatment table, she's at risk of getting her tiny little mucus-coated hands stuck in the sharp metal edges of the motorized table as it changes position -- and he doesn't kick her out of the room. I'm trying to explain how I received my injury so he could treat me because I know it's going to take more effort than his usual breeder ass is willing to do on me, and Debbie Downs is all over the place. I play the game of ignoring the kid to see if at any point the chiropractor is going to make the Downs Monkey return to its mother, or if moo will ever wander in to retrieve her monkey. No luck.

For the whole treatment the monkey is in there with me. I can hear her horrid open-mouthed Downer Breathing (tm) right next to my head as I'm down on the table, observing and wandering around and getting close to me like I'm an exhibit in a zoo. I wondered if she was going to touch me and if chiropractor was ever going to do anything about it.

Eventually moo waddles in and gets the child -- takes ten minutes for this to happen, though.

I'm chatting with the chiropractor about our recent floods, power outages, and other crap that happened with this hurricane. He's going on about his three kids and how they couldn't handle not having cable. Their POWER never went out, but they couldn't deal with not having cable. So he works overtime trying to keep the shits entertained during the hurricane, and of course they act like spastic freaks the whole time, falling off the trampoline in bids for attention, etc.

As part of the discussion he talked about how his wife is really, really into babies. And his wife's moo is always asking, "When are you going to give me another baby??????!!!!"

This why they have three young kids right now and live in a duplex in a crappy neighborhood in a crappy town. He told me if it were up to him they wouldn't have had kids.

I did take one for the team at this point and said, "It IS up to you. Last I checked, it takes at least two people to make a baby."

No response. Deer in headlights. Uncomfortable giggle, then on to the next subject.

How soon will he cave to having baby number four, when he can't afford and doesn't particularly want or like the other ones? A year? Two years? I think his wife has him on an accelerated schedule, so probably sooner rather than later.

By contrast, when I left the treatment room, a man had brought in his two collies. (One of the chiropractors specializes in working on animals -- usually she goes out to the person's home, but today she was working in the office.) The two collies were lovely, dignified, smelled NICE (instead of like warmed over soft shit like the moo and her three brats smelled like) -- and they were wonderfully well behaved, even though it turns out one of them was probably in a great deal of pain due to a dislocation.

Animals: Perpetual WIN
People: Perpetual FAIL
Breeders: DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE
Re: Let's Have Another One After the Defective One
August 31, 2011
There is NO WAY I'm going to tolerate any child in a treatment room with me. I commend you for being a nicer more civilized human being than I'll ever be.
August 31, 2011
satansbitch
There is NO WAY I'm going to tolerate any child in a treatment room with me. I commend you for being a nicer more civilized human being than I'll ever be.

I don't think I should be commended, I really should have been more of a bitch about it - but my hip was hurting so badly that I was kinda more focused on just getting that treated and tried to just ignore all the "background noise."

I meant to sum up in my post that in seeing the moo with her three spawn, all I could think of was how this Down girl was the middle child -- and of course, the moo still had to have one more (the baby in the carry on thingie.) Why would you do that? I've never understood the whole "Let's Have Another One After the Defective One" scenario, especially as in this case she already had a healthy, older daughter. She was one unhealthy looking moo, too.
August 31, 2011
You couldn't pay me to go back to that unprofessional fucking idiot (who is too stupid to figure out birth control and what he wants, ergo isn't smart enough to work on people's medical issues as far as I'm concerned). A new doctor is in order!! What kind of horse's ass lets retarded kyds run screaming around the office and in exam areas???

I hope your hip feels better.
August 31, 2011
What is IT with chiropractors?

My chiro had the same stupid "open door" policy where kids were free to run about the office, and in and out of the treatment room.

He was a total breeder himself, and him and his old shitbag of a wife had about 4 of them, I think. His wife was a sugar Momma, so Dr. Backcracker got to sit in his office all day, patients or no patients.

I guess it's part of the "natchural" philosophy. The kids are "exploring" and whatever. I couldn't stand it. I had ONE TIME where a little Mouthbreather was huffing near my head and I couldn't relax. Fuck that. I found someone new who shut the goddamn door.
August 31, 2011
Right now I'm reminded of a line from a song by the band Panic At The Disco:

"Haven't you people ever heard of closing the god damn door???"
August 31, 2011
loavesstillsuck
satansbitch

I don't think I should be commended, I really should have been more of a bitch about it - but my hip was hurting so badly that I was kinda more focused on just getting that treated and tried to just ignore all the "background noise."

I meant to sum up in my post that in seeing the moo with her three spawn, all I could think of was how this Down girl was the middle child -- and of course, the moo still had to have one more (the baby in the carry on thingie.) Why would you do that? I've never understood the whole "Let's Have Another One After the Defective One" scenario, especially as in this case she already had a healthy, older daughter. She was one unhealthy looking moo, too.

For a moment let me put myself in your shoes. If a brat is running around the treatment area while I'm in pain, I would be screaming, something to the effect of "Get that brat out of here!" I'd look at moo and say something like
"Are you just so stupid you can't watch your defective brat? Or do you think the world revolves around you? Cause I've got a news flash, it doesn't" Time to get your head out of your ass!"
On this note, I don't recommend randomly picking a fight, but I do recommend taking up for yourself.
August 31, 2011
I wanna take all you cool childfree folk with me next time to rip the chiropractor a new one and to eviscerate any moos in the general vicinity, along with their ill-conceived hellspawn! smiling smiley

Yeah, it's kinda weird how passive I was about it all -- but I hadn't been in that much physical pain for a long, long time (thankfully!) and all my attention/emotional energy was focused on just, well, remaining conscious and coherent.

Fortunately, he DID push me back together and I'm 90% better now.

But yeah, finding non breederish chiros is a challenge. They all seem to have total cluelessness about kids and brats and moos and letting them all become free range annoyances. I've been to good chiros and bad ones and unfortunately I'd rather go to one who at least knows my body pretty well from doing lots of adjustments on me than start fresh with a new one at this point. I've also pretty much tested out everybody else in my area and this clinic has the advantage of being just 15 minutes away when something goes wrong.

But ideally, YES, today would be a "firing his ass" worthy event. And I will seriously consider trying somebody different - maybe some new practitioners have moved to my area and I don't know about them yet.

I should edit this to say that sometimes network chiropractors can be better -- although the protocol is usually to treat everybody at once in one big room, they dim the lights, insist on quiet, and usually you have the option of a private room, too. I used to go to a really good one where I used to live but haven't found anyone trained in Network out where I am now. It's a different branch of chiropracty - I like it because it's all hands on, no drop tables, very nurturing and quiet and calm for the most part -- none of this throwing you on a drop table in the midst of monkeys running around the office bull shit.
August 31, 2011
An open door policy is a great policy...until some dumb kid gets hurt on the equipment and now his shit-for-brains parents sue, win, and dumbass chiro now has to shut down his practice.
Dude.

Why the fuck did the chiro let the kid get away with this shit? Whatever happened to, "no children without supervision beyond THIS POINT" (on the front door, lol)? What's more, why didn't the chiro explain to the moo that people were here to get treatment, and the treatments don't WORK if a patient is tense, due to there being FREE RANGE CHILDREN where there shouldn't be?

GODDAMMIT, shit like this pisses me off.

I would've refused to pay.
September 01, 2011
Obviously he doesn't care if a broke-ass Moo sues him if her free-range feral little shitbeast hurts itself on anything in the office or on the equipment/machines. Maybe it'll take a big fat lawsuit from a money-grubbing Moo to make the fucker realize that exam rooms are no place for little tards (or any children).

Geez, what's next? Letting screaming brats in random strangers' rooms during pelvic exams? Yup, let's get some gloves on Junior in case he gets the urge to stick his hands in some unsuspecting woman's vagina. He's just curious!
Anonymous User
September 01, 2011
UGH! That just made me puke, a little.

I mean, regardless of the procedures, or lack thereof, going on in any exam/therapy room, children should not be in any of them, unless their parents and the doctor are also there... only them. It's just common sense, and even though I shouldn't be, by now, I'm surprised how hard THAT is to come by.

EDIT: And even then, if you're having a pelvic exam, you need to have someone else watch the loaf.
Anonymous User
September 01, 2011
I would have said something waaay before that dude.....They must be under the impression they are @ the bloody zoo......
Anonymous User
September 01, 2011
I'm winding this right back to the start - I can't believe anyone giving medical treatment has an open-door policy. What about privacy while you discuss your problem? The people in the waiting room can watch you being treated?

I can't get my head around it, I have never been in an open-plan treatment room for anything, ever. Even the dentist shuts the sodding door.

That situation sounds hideous, you really must have been in serious pain if you didn't kick up a fuss - I'm glad to hear you're nearly mended now.
September 01, 2011
With my crappy hearing, if that kid was making a rucuss while I'm trying to discuss my problem, I'd be livid and senile. Background noise makes it hard to hear myself and others. angry flipping off the world 'fail' on flames :cen

I'm also glad to hear your doing and feeling better. friendly hug

lab mom
Anonymous User
September 01, 2011
Snark Shark
WHO lets a downs kyd go FREE RANGE? it's even more likely to DARWINIZE itself than a "normal" kyd.

You just answered your own question.
September 01, 2011
Bitchy old me was actually hoping the kid would Darwinize itself since 1) the moo was fucking stupid and clueless and 2) the chiro was, too. I would happily serve as a witness when the chiro was being sued! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login