Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another party marred by brats

Posted by gymrat 
Another party marred by brats
October 22, 2011
Just got home from a friend's 25th Anniversary party. It was held at a fancy restaurant, at night, so OF COURSE some asshole parents had to bring their tired, cranky babies and toddlers! They spent the entire evening wailing, running around the room, and falling. I actually saw one little tot, couldn't have been more than 18 months, fall down three stairs and hit the landing head first. Her mother ran over and snatched her up just as she let out the first ear-piercing scream of pain. Since I was sitting the closest to the stairs, the mother then, while cradling the screaming child, brings it over TO MY TABLE so she can explain "I was right behind her!" I DON'T CARE GET IT AWAY FROM ME! I just looked in the other direction, pretended not to hear her, and tried to block out the screaming and crying while I conversed with BF and another person. She got the hint and moved on, thank God.
Anonymous User
Re: Another party marred by brats
October 22, 2011
gymrat
I just looked in the other direction, pretended not to hear her, and tried to block out the screaming and crying while I conversed with BF and another person. She got the hint and moved on, thank God.

Bitch deserved it, was probably texting when she looked up and saw the loaf take the first tumble. You did right, no sympathy for cow!
October 22, 2011
Ughh, I hate when people bring their kids to events that are completely inappropriate for children. It just seems so rude and inconsiderate of all the other people who are trying to enjoy themselves. Not only that, but it seems like they're ruining the night for themselves too. How can anyone enjoy a party or nice dinner when they're stuck watching their brats all night? This is what baby sitters are for.
October 22, 2011
There were at least six little kids there, and no one was paying them any mind. They were running all over the place like crack monkeys. When the couple's son tried to give the toast, I could barely hear because of the screeching, giggling, running and pounding up and down the stairs! I think if the parents had reined them in right at the beginning, they would've been better-behaved, but once they realized that no one was going to make them mind (and they caught on quickly to that!) they just kept getting wilder and wilder. Luckily, it was buffet, so there weren't any servers carrying around trays of hot food. Once the baby went CLUNK head first down the stairs, a few of the parents reluctantly started paying a bit more attention.
October 22, 2011
This is one reason that I didn't even go to a dinner I was supposed to go to this evening. A group I belong to was having a 'fish fry' and I just KNEW there would be a passel of little brats there. The part of the group I am in doesn't have any young ones but this event was open to all the members famblies. Went to one of these things back in Frbruary that was a spaghetti dinner and the noise level was unbarable. So I opted out of this one. I am getting so that if I know there will be a number of young kids someplace I will not go.. and if I do have to make an appearence.. I will stay for just a short time, and if the brats begin their serenade I will leave. Stupid moos and their brats ruin it for everybody. What the hell ever happened to babysitters??
October 22, 2011
gymrat
I actually saw one little tot, couldn't have been more than 18 months, fall down three stairs and hit the landing head first.

gee. can't help but picturing the image and laugh.

she might had expected you to catch the baby, but you and people on your table missed it.
another case for dysfunctional future brain caused by early brain damage!
October 22, 2011
Over the years as a customer and as a restaurant employee I have seen kids get injured unnecessarily in numerous ways and it's nearly ALWAYS because a parent was allowing to them to roam free range like a fucking crack monkey or play with or on things they shouldn't have been playing on. They have been knocked down by doors when people were entering -exiting, have had trays fall onto their heads with heavy dishes and/or hot food on it, tripped over by waitstaff, knocked down by swinging kitchen doors, taken tumbles off of table tops and bar stools, got busted heads from falling off of novelty items CLEARLY not meant to be played on like a GIGANTIC rocking chair at one place that was obviously only there for looks, got burned by fireplaces like they have at Cracker Barrel, fallen down stairs in AND outside, stabbed or cut themselves with steak knives, poked themselves in the eye or face with other flatware they had no business playing with, getting their eyes and mouths burned by sucking on or squirting hot sauce bottles, etc............:complaining about a brat

Kids should NOT be allowed to roam free range or wail in restaurants NOR should they even be brought to sit down famblee dining places when it's past their bedtime. thumbs updown

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 23, 2011
felisdomestica
gymrat
I actually saw one little tot, couldn't have been more than 18 months, fall down three stairs and hit the landing head first.

gee. can't help but picturing the image and laugh.

she might had expected you to catch the baby, but you and people on your table missed it.
another case for dysfunctional future brain caused by early brain damage!
Oh God, as soon as I saw it happen, I braced myself for the bloodcurdling wail that was sure to follow. Her moo ran over and swooped her up, and the kid was COMPLETELY silent, but had her mouth wide open and her head thrown back, and you just know that the longer they do that, the louder the eventual scream is going to be, and boy was it! That's when Moo started heading towards our table carrying the screaming thing!
Anonymous User
October 23, 2011
The problem is that the breeders seem to expect that everyone else at the event will chip in and keep an eye on their spawnling(s). My SIL is especially bad for this. She and baby daddy get pissed up while abdicating responsibility for their kids.

Of course everyone LOVES kids so they'll all be THRILLED to have a chance to take turns taking McWhinebag to the toilet and listening to his endless renditions of 'Bob the Builder'.
October 23, 2011
GaiasRevenge
The problem is that the breeders seem to expect that everyone else at the event will chip in and keep an eye on their spawnling(s). My SIL is especially bad for this. She and baby daddy get pissed up while abdicating responsibility for their kids.

Of course everyone LOVES kids so they'll all be THRILLED to have a chance to take turns taking McWhinebag to the toilet and listening to his endless renditions of 'Bob the Builder'.

Although it's difficult to believe, this is the absolute truth!eye rolling smiley

In one of the locations of my restaurant, there were two booth seats within about 5 feet of the front entrance-exit and the cash register was also very close by and near the doors. That seating area generally remained empty because it was RIGHT in front of the door and near the waiting line area and not the most desirable place to sit due to the high volume of traffic. However, when we'd get very busy people would sit there because it was the only place available. On MORE than one occasion, a moo would come up to that area hysterically looking for a stray brat she'd allowed to wander off and a few times the kid had somehow made it out the interior doors and into the enclosed lobby-carry out area. I remember one time a he-brat of about 5 made it out into the parking lot.

The moos would barrel through the crowd both at the door and register and start interrogating the people in line waiting to pay, the cashier, and fucking CUSTOMERS seated at those booths, "Have you SEEN my son? He would have HAD to have walked RIGHT BY YOU!!!!!" They'd be all accusatory and angry like strangers in a crowded restaurant during a busy lunch-dinner rush would think to or know to watch or keep an eye on a stranger's brat. :headbrick

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login