Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Fire Safety Precautions for Pets At Store That Burned

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
No Fire Safety Precautions for Pets At Store That Burned
October 04, 2006
This is sort-of not brat-related, maybe a little, but I need to vent and I know you will all be in agreement with me. I apologize for it being long.

I am sick to fucking death over this local fire: http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a1_1fireoct04,0,7090560.story?coll=all-news-hed

This place had a HUGE pet store, right smack in the middle of this whole big old shopping joint. No sprinklers, no emergency exit for these animals. Dozens upon dozens of domestic animals died in this fire. When the fuck-face owner was interviewed, know what he said? "It was just a building, no one was in it. No one was hurt." Well then! Thank GAWD that it was just little puppies, kittens, rabbits, birds, rodents and reptiles and NO CHYYLLDDRRUUUUN were injured.

There are going to be masses of animal lovers up this guy's ass over this fire and I'll be one of them. I will exhaust every resource I know to make sure any law he was breaking, any zoning ordinance he was not in compliance with or anything else will be revealed and he will be fined. I found his and the co-owner's home addresses and they will be getting letters. Respectful but to the point.

WHY OH WHY WHY WHY would you put a pet department where live animals will be housed overnight, ALONE in a building with NO sprinklers, in the middle of an old wooden structure? Why not put it along an outside wall with sprinklers in at least the pet department, along with an emergency exit?

There was a little barn at the end with farm animals that you could visit with and pet, they were saved except for 1 llama - again - no safety precautions for these guys either.

My other gripe is, you can bet your sweet, fancy, childfree, little asses that if this were a daycare of sorts or a baybee sitting place for pahrunts while they shopped, ALL SORTS of precautions would be in place in case of fire. But hey, it's just animals.

I used to drive up to this place a couple times a year to shop, it's an awesome joint but I'm seriously re-thinking ever patronizing this guy's business again.

And to solidify the illustration of his stupidity and ignorance, this guy didn't even have a disaster recovery plan for his network. I work in IT and KNOW that is is ultra-imperative for a business like this to have back ups, off site - AND a disaster recovery plan. The one line in the article tells how he and his partner had to run into the burning building to retrieve their database pc.

What a fucking moron on so many levels, he should have burned in the fire. I hate him.
CFADinNYC
Re: I have to vent..................
October 04, 2006
Get PETA involved. They will ride his ass so badly he wont be able to crap right for months.

As for IT and disaster recovery plan.... Oh--our IT department is so supid.. How stupid are they? Ok! LOL!!! They set up a server off site. Great! But they didn't realize that us Mac users can access everyones folder. Yep - I can see all the files from the CFO including ALL employee salaries. They have no idea I have access to this because they thought everything wa password protected. Sure, it probably is on a PC... imbeciles.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login