Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does anyone know of an actual lawsuit against a doctor after sterilization?

Posted by kman 
Does anyone know of an actual lawsuit against a doctor after sterilization?
November 12, 2011
In discussions here some of you have said that your doctors refuse to perform sterilization on you for several reasons, including "you're too young", "you'll change your mind", and similar bingoes.

But the subject of flakes who were sterilized but later sued because they changed their minds and wanted kyds has also come up as a reason doctors are wary of doing this surgery. The flakes somehow didn't "comprehend" (despite the doc's warnings) that sterilization was final or some such bullcrap, and now that they want chyldren after all, they find they can't have them and want to sue the doctor who made them sterile—at their own request.

It wouldn't surprise me that such a thing possibly did happen somewhere in the US and sent serious shock waves throughout the medical community. But can anyone cite a real case of a now-wannabe moo (or duh) suing the doctor who sterilized her (or him) for doing so? And what was the outcome?
I did a brief search but only found a few cases where someone wanted to sue doctor after becoming inpig after a tubal.
When I got my hyst I had to sign a paper that varified that I was aware that this procedure would leave me infertal. Well DUH!
I said to them..." I want no periods and no brats so.. sign me up"
The woman at check in didn't even crack a smile, but another woman at the wicket next to me chuckled.
No, I have never heard of one for that. However, if there was a case it would probably be settled out of court with gag orders issued on everyone involved.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
I did a short search and couldn't find anything about a woman changing her mind after a tubal suing but I did find this little gem during my search. I know that this wasn't right of the doc and staff to do, either on purpose or accidentally but I think in this case they deserve an award. She is an idiot and her rampant breeding needed to be stopped now. Note that she has 9 already, 1 with her current fiance is aww-tistic and her "fiance" would like to try for another boy.hitting over the head with a hammer

A Massachusetts mother with nine children who had asked a hospital for post-delivery birth control was sterilized instead without her consent, according to a lawsuit against the Springfield hospital and several doctors and nurses. Sounds horrible but read further

Tessa Savicki, 35, claimed that doctors at Baystate Medical Center had agreed to insert an intrauterine device, or IUD, that she brought to the operating room, but instead performed a tubal ligation that effectively ended her chances of having more children. Who the hell hauls an IUD they brought from home to the OR. Gross. No way it is sterile.

"They've done something. They cannot correct this," she told ABCNews.com. "You think you're safe at the hospital. You're not." But we are now safe from your baby factory producing any more children that you can't take care of.

Savicki's attorney, Dr. Max Borten of Waltham, Mass., a licensed obstetrician-gynecologist who practiced for 30 years, said his client was devastated when she found out about the tubal ligation shortly after a December 2006 Cesarean section. I was devastated when I found out that this moron already had 8 kids before the last one.

Awake with only spinal anesthesia, Saviciki "realized that when she was still on the table," he said.
Tessa Savicki
Courtesy Boston Herald/Christopher Evans
Tessa Savicki holds her 2-year-old son Manuel... View Full Caption
Tessa Savicki holds her 2-year-old son Manuel Flores with her older children, Julian Torres,-Lebron, 17, left, Destiny Tirado, 8, and Jassalyn Tirado, 3, right, at her Springfield home on Thursday, December 17, 2009. Close

Savicki's children range in age from 3 to 21 and she is a grandmother of one with another grandchild on the way. She had her first child, a boy, at age 13 after being raped, she told ABC News.

Getting back on her feet after a rough start -- two of her children are on welfare and she is unemployed -- Savicki said she's working toward her GED. Wow, she's quite an overachiever. As apparently are the next generation of breeding brats.

Her three youngest children are with her fiance, Angel Tirado, who she said was hoping for one more baby. Their youngest, Manuel, was recently diagnosed with autism. Oh goody, a fiance and an autistic kid. So sad she can't pass on more of her defective genes.

"He was talking about trying for another boy," she said. I was talking about winning 50 million from the lottery the other day. It didn't happen. I got over it. I suggest he do the same.

She understands that she would not be able to adopt, given her financial situation. If you can't afford to adopt you can't afford to breed either.

Borten said the chances of Savicki being able to become pregnant again, even if an attempt to reverse the procedure was performed, would be slim.

"The issue here is a little broader and more involved than what people think," Borten said, noting how sterilizations have been used throughout history to control populations deemed unsavory. "The issue is, who has the right to permanently sterilize a woman? Or a man?" The taxpayers who keep having to pony up breeder welfare queen spawn?

Savicki said she believes the doctors intentionally sterilized her without her consent. "I honestly think they thought I had enough," she said. The were right.

Jane Albert, a spokeswoman for Baystate Health, declined to comment on the lawsuit or Savicki's own medical care, citing federal privacy regulations.

But speaking in general terms, it is "absolutely not" normal procedure for a woman to carry her own IUD into the operating room, Albert said.

"It is not our practice for a patient, it is not our practice to insert an IUD into a woman who has just had a C-section," Albert said.

Hospital Confirms No Consent Record Found for Mother's Tubal Ligation

According to the complaint, filed Nov. 24 in Hampden Superior Court, Savicki had agreed prior to a scheduled Cesarean section that her doctors would implant the IUD into her uterus at the end of the procedure. Instead, her tubes were tied after the birth of her ninth child.

It's a procedure, according to the lawsuit, that requires written consent of the women 30 days prior if the patient's medical expenses are covered by the state, as Savicki's were. Neither the consent form nor an accompanying "physician's statement" to be filled out by the doctor were found in Savicki's medical records.
There are actually a lot of cases, but they mostly deal with coercion of consent rather than someone changing their mind. However, I would not be surprised if there were a lot of out of court settlements dealing with this question.

(searched Westlaw by the way, for anyone else who has access).
I'm sorry, but when you don't even have a high school diploma, just gave birth to your NINTH child, have two children on welfare, one child is mentally retarded, and your children are already having children (and I highly doubt they're in a position to have kids, thus continuing the cycle of poverty), then you lose the right to "try for a boy." You can't take care of the nine you have; I'm not going to have any sympathy for the doctors ensuring you can't have any more. But hell, the payout from the lawsuit might help your dumb ass out more than having a tenth child would (if there's anything left over from attorney and court fees).

The first kid is not her fault; she gets a pass on that one since she didn't make the choice for sexual contact. But she had a choice for each and every other kid. She could have avoided further pregnancies until she was on her own two feet and could care for more children.

I love it when people in articles like this start bringing up the past of forced sterilizations of black people and the poor. That shit was wrong in the past, but that doesn't mean that it should be entirely avoided. Uneducated people with 5+ children who rely on welfare for their everyday lives and are unemployed and the drug addicts and abusive parents that already had a set of children permanently taken away should be forcibly sterilized. Again, having children is not a fucking right that should be protected no matter what.
Re: Does anyone know of an actual lawsuit against a doctor after sterilization?
November 12, 2011
I would just love to be a juror on the jury that decides that case!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
paragon schnitzophonic
I'm sorry, but when you don't even have a high school diploma, just gave birth to your NINTH child, have two children on welfare, one child is mentally retarded, and your children are already having children (and I highly doubt they're in a position to have kids, thus continuing the cycle of poverty), then you lose the right to "try for a boy." You can't take care of the nine you have; I'm not going to have any sympathy for the doctors ensuring you can't have any more. But hell, the payout from the lawsuit might help your dumb ass out more than having a tenth child would (if there's anything left over from attorney and court fees).

The first kid is not her fault; she gets a pass on that one since she didn't make the choice for sexual contact. But she had a choice for each and every other kid. She could have avoided further pregnancies until she was on her own two feet and could care for more children.

I love it when people in articles like this start bringing up the past of forced sterilizations of black people and the poor. That shit was wrong in the past, but that doesn't mean that it should be entirely avoided. Uneducated people with 5+ children who rely on welfare for their everyday lives and are unemployed and the drug addicts and abusive parents that already had a set of children permanently taken away should be forcibly sterilized. Again, having children is not a fucking right that should be protected no matter what.

Exactly!thumbs upwink

Compulsory sterilization back in the 40's or whenever because of someone's race, perceived "feeble mindedness", or poverty level is NOT the same thing as mandatory sterilization for Moos who have shat half a dozen loaves, have had them removed by CPS for neglect or abuse, and/or who are addicts and drunks churning out tards because of it. Two completely different horses of a major different color. Mandatory sterilization should be based on willy nilly loaf shitting when they can't afford it, continue to live off welfare, and/or are dropping little tards due to their addictions and/or dangerous lifestyles. If it's TRULY "all about what's best for the chyllldren", then I fail to see the problem. At the very least there should be mandatory birth control like IUD's or shots.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
What I would like to see is someone getting right pissed and trying to sue a doctor for refusing to perform a tubal. IMHO, some doctors need to have the fuck scared out of them and quit treating women like tween girls who don't know what they want in life. I'm sure you could find a lawyer somewhere who would take the case.

Personally, I'd never heard of any lawsuits from women suing doctors because they shat loaves, got snipped, and decided they needed more loaves. That crazy whore with the nine kids desperately needed someone to shut down the baby oven, though. She can whine about how no one but her can decide when she's done having kids, but the thing is she can't fucking provide for them. She's on welfare and doesn't even have a high school diploma. She wanted an IUD because OMG she might have decided to have another kid she couldn't afford, and I would love to know where the hell she got an IUD from in the first place. I've never heard of anyone being able to acquire one in any way beyond having it inserted - where the fuck do you go to just get an IUD to carry around with you in your purse? Fucking weird.

I would love to see mandatory sterilization...I would normally not advocate people's reproductive choices being controlled by others, but some people don't know when to quit. They shit kids to get bigger welfare checks, or they have them over and over because the state takes them. People who are irresponsible breeders need to be snipped; they might not like that, but if they're going to breed like fucking rabbits and not be in any way responsible, somebody's gotta shut down the baby factory.
kidlesskim

Compulsory sterilization back in the 40's or whenever because of someone's race, perceived "feeble mindedness", or poverty level is NOT the same thing as mandatory sterilization for Moos who have shat half a dozen loaves, have had them removed by CPS for neglect or abuse, and/or who are addicts and drunks churning out tards because of it. Two completely different horses of a major different color. Mandatory sterilization should be based on willy nilly loaf shitting when they can't afford it, continue to live off welfare, and/or are dropping little tards due to their addictions and/or dangerous lifestyles. If it's TRULY "all about what's best for the chyllldren", then I fail to see the problem. At the very least there should be mandatory birth control like IUD's or shots.

Totally agree. I simply don't see what's so dangerous about the idea that we can't keep just breeding away like there's no tomorrow, or there soon won't be one. Some people shouldn't have kids full stop, but I guess you've got to let people have at least one. But as soon as they fuck up, loaf is taken away, Moo and Duh and fixed, and that's that. Then maybe these scum will put the effort into sorting themselves out to get back the existing child in care, rather than keep shitting them out 'until I get to keep one'. They're not fucking toys!
GaiasRevenge
kidlesskim

Totally agree. I simply don't see what's so dangerous about the idea that we can't keep just breeding away like there's no tomorrow, or there soon won't be one. Some people shouldn't have kids full stop, but I guess you've got to let people have at least one. But as soon as they fuck up, loaf is taken away, Moo and Duh and fixed, and that's that. Then maybe these scum will put the effort into sorting themselves out to get back the existing child in care, rather than keep shitting them out 'until I get to keep one'. They're not fucking toys!

I have said this before, but since there are some new people I'll mention it again. Basically, I think the kid welfare checks, WIC, free medical, CASH for kids, tard checks, free housing, etc.......should be IMMEDIATELY halted and the funds instead funneled into a new age orphanage community complete with it's own school, medical facilities, cafeteria, arcades, movie theatres, stores, etc.....much like you might see on a military base. ALL checks sent to Moo-cunts should cease and their kids removed at birth if they can't properly care for their basic needs. If the cash incentive to shit out kids they can't take care of was removed I honestly believe that would be an immediate deterrent They should have to EARN the right to get their kid back through demonstrating to the court they can stay off drugs, get and keep a job, and properly care for the kid(s)

Also, after the second kid is taken away they should be forcibly sterilized after the loaf is pulled from their gaping holes. Then, they can toss them out onto the street along with their crack pipes, but at least their kids would have a fighting chance and might not wind up shooting us between the eyes for a $5 bill, dropping shopping carts on our heads from four stories, killed in a gang related brawl before they are 16, or adding to the already overflowing prison population. REMOVE the incentive, sew up their holes, and MANY of societal problems will be solved in a decade or two.IMHO.

kidlesskim
GaiasRevenge
kidlesskim

I have said this before, but since there are some new people I'll mention it again. Basically, I think the kid welfare checks, WIC, free medical, CASH for kids, tard checks, free housing, etc.......should be IMMEDIATELY halted and the funds instead funneled into a new age orphanage community complete with it's own school, medical facilities, cafeteria, arcades, movie theatres, stores, etc.....much like you might see on a military base. ALL checks sent to Moo-cunts should cease and their kids removed at birth if they can't properly care for their basic needs. If the cash incentive to shit out kids they can't take care of was removed I honestly believe that would be an immediate deterrent They should have to EARN the right to get their kid back through demonstrating to the court they can stay off drugs, get and keep a job, and properly care for the kid(s)

Also, after the second kid is taken away they should be forcibly sterilized after the loaf is pulled from their gaping holes. Then, they can toss them out onto the street along with their crack pipes, but at least their kids would have a fighting chance and might not wind up shooting us between the eyes for a $5 bill, dropping shopping carts on our heads from four stories, killed in a gang related brawl before they are 16, or adding to the already overflowing prison population. REMOVE the incentive, sew up their holes, and MANY of societal problems will be solved in a decade or two.IMHO.

I would also add the parental responsibility to pay for their kids' orphanage fees as a non- discharged debt for their whole life.
Who told her she'd had a tubal instead of the IUD insertion? If that medical staff was smart, they'd have gone ahead and inserted the IUD and kept their mouths shut about the tubal. Then she'd have just thought she couldn't conceive. Who would know the difference? But then, she'd probably go to another doctor seeking freebie IVF or something, and find out about the tubal anyway. Fuccccck.
Re: Does anyone know of an actual lawsuit against a doctor after sterilization?
November 14, 2011
LadyLuck said, "There are actually a lot of cases, but they mostly deal with coercion of consent rather than someone changing their mind. However, I would not be surprised if there were a lot of out of court settlements dealing with this question."

Now the "coercion of consent" argument is not one I had considered as a possibility. My mind simply had a hard time fathoming that any bint who voluntarily asked for and got sterilized could later sue the doctor because she was sterile and couldn't have more children after changing her mind. But I could see the "coercion" argument being used to extort money from a doctor under such a circumstance, even as a bogus claim.
Last year a friend of mine said she had her tubes tied because she was told that because she was a twin (faternal), the odds of her having twins went up with each pregnancy. This first convo, she made it sound like the doctor just informed her of this and she agreed to the tube tying after the second kid was born.

However, during a later conversation, she says she was pushed by the doctor into this and bitched that because of her being sterile, she can't get a decent man. She wants to call him up and bitch him out for 'ruining her life'.

So... I don't know.

It doesn't seem that this should be used against CF people seeking sterilization. No one is coercing or pressuring us!
Cambion
. She's on welfare and doesn't even have a high school diploma. She wanted an IUD because OMG she might have decided to have another kid she couldn't afford, and I would love to know where the hell she got an IUD from in the first place. I've never heard of anyone being able to acquire one in any way beyond having it inserted - where the fuck do you go to just get an IUD to carry around with you in your purse? Fucking weird..

You don't. They are by prescription only and can only be obtained by facilities or physicians. This article is piss poor journalism with an anti-physician agenda.

I wonder how you can even get a loose IUD that has not been inserted. Did she steal a scrip pad and get one, or did she have one inserted before, it fell out and she just held on to it? Or or or did she obtain it illegally like you might buy prescriptions online from shady "pharmacies?" Or steal it out of a hazard bin in a hospital? Does she have a friend who does embalming and get the IUD from a dead woman? That is so confounding to me how she got her hands on one.

That's like someone bringing their own silicone implants from Gawd knows where and asking a surgeon to place them.
Take those doctors up infront of the governor and give them a fucken MEDAL!! Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login