Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just another "Pro-Life" asshole: Kansas gov. Sam Brownback

Posted by toomanybrats 
Just another "Pro-Life" asshole: Kansas gov. Sam Brownback
November 25, 2011

From Wikipedia:

Abortion
Brownback has signed numerous pro-life bills for Kansas. In April 2011, Brownback signed a bill banning abortion after 21 weeks based on the view that fetuses can feel pain at that point, and a bill requiring that a doctor gets a parent's notarized signature for girls under 17 who want an abortion.[26]

In May 2011, Brownback approved a bill prohibiting insurance companies from offering abortion coverage as part of general health plans, unless the procedure is necessary to save a woman's life. The law also prohibits any health-insurance exchange in Kansas established under the federal health care overhaul law from offering coverage for abortions, other than to save a woman’s life. There was much opposition in Kansas to the passing of the bill.[27]

A Kansas budget passed with Brownback's approval in 2011 blocked Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri from receiving family planning funds from the state. The funding amounts to about $330,000 per year.[28] The decision was largely for pro-life reasons, although family planning funds cannot be used for abortions.

A judge has blocked the budget provision, ordered Kansas to begin funding the organization again, and agreed with Planned Parenthood that it was being unfairly targeted.[29] In response, the state filed an appeal seeking to overturn the judge's decision.[30] Brownback has defended pro-life laws in Kansas, including the Planned Parenthood defunding. "You can’t know for sure what all comes out of that afterwards, but it was the will of the Legislature and the people of the state of Kansas,” Brownback said.[31]

This "thing" looks like a smiling TURD!!
Re: Just another "Pro-Life" asshole: Kansas gov. Sam Brownback
November 25, 2011
This is the one who basically not only opposes abortion, but preventative birth control including sterilization as well, even though it might be paid for via private health insurance. If he had his way then ALL women would be forced to give birth if they became pregnant even if it was caused by rape or incest, the two most common reasons even a garden variety religious fundamentalist will generally budge on. I only wish childbirth was HIS only option(for HIS body) if he caused an inpigness. I honestly believe that if men were responsible for carrying loaves to term and all women opposed to abortion were faced with a VERY unplanned, undesirable, and life altering pregnancy, then the pro-life rolls could fit onto a single 8x10 piece of paper. eye rolling smiley

Then again, these types of people generally think their circumstances are different or unique, so nothing is likely to change their point of view on the topic. angry smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
November 25, 2011
Aside from the fact that I have NO IDEA why ANY man even dreams he has a "say" in what I do with my body, I found this particularly cruel:

"a bill requiring that a doctor gets a parent's notarized signature for girls under 17 who want an abortion."

I'm guessing that a lot of girls under 17 are pregnant for some pretty unpleasant reasons or are in dysfunctional family situations. Roping in the parents and making an abortion conditional on their say-so does NOT seem to me to be the best of ideas.
November 25, 2011
OK, one is the original one is the failed cloning - Brownback and Santorum

Let the debate begin waving hellolarious

I'd like to hit him in his smug face.
I live in Kansas, and this fuck can kiss my ass! But honestly when you vote here in backwards-ville, bible belt ks, you are just plain fucked. No one here has the balls to be logical/independent. This scares me. I'm 21 and asap I'm voting this cock stain out. Enrages me. And a lot of it is the baby boomer conservatives and elderly.
November 26, 2011
Snark Shark
toomanybrats
This "thing" looks like a smiling TURD!!

that's why he's called BROWNback!

Could pass for the dug up corpse of Reagan also.
November 26, 2011
Apparently is now whining because some highschool girl was SO MEAAAAAN to him!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/kansas-governor-tattles-teens-rude-tweet-232036307.html waving hellolarious

As Buggs Bunny would say, "What a maroon!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login