Famblee PORSCHE

Posted by Zzelda 
Famblee PORSCHE
December 02, 2011
A four door PORSCHE.

You know what that extra room is for ~
http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/panamera/panamera/

And YE GODS is it UGLY!

In fact - it looks like a carbon copy of the Famblee Maserati.
I just looked and it is nearly identical to this abomination! -
http://www.maserati.com/maserati/en/en/index/models/Quattroporte.html

Oh and it comes in "hybrid" also. smile rolling left righteyes2
(I think 'hybrid' cars aren't the greatest idea - because where do you think electricity comes from? Mostly from burning fossil fuels.)

Oh and it's $75K (and up) and ONLY comes with automatic transmission.

Sorry to whinge on about cars, you know I like cars smiling smiley - but the good ones seem to be going extinct just like exotic animals!

It illustrates too - how EVERYTHING just seems to be going "family friendly".

Could you imagine getting a job at Porsche as a designer - and then being tasked to come up with a Famblee Truckster? I'd kill myself!

And who OK'd this thing? It looks EXACTLY LIKE the Maserati!

Sigh.

I hate to see cool things turned into turds sad smiley
Re: Famblee PORSCHE
December 02, 2011
This is just sad. I actually feel sorry. Poor car.
December 02, 2011
Porsche sold out when they started selling SUVs.

JD
December 02, 2011
Who is going to pay $75K for a car that looks like every other sedan on the road? Strange.
December 02, 2011
satansbitch
This is just sad. I actually feel sorry. Poor car.

I know! "Sad" is a good way of putting it! sad smiley

Here is some eye candy to take the mind off the poor Porsche ~

http://www.foxvalleymotorcars.com/index.htm

I don't live too far away from this place - so - if anyone wants to buy me a Holiday gift I can go pick it up right there grinning smiley

(In fact, I drove past this place the other day and nearly got clipped by the $220K Lamborghini (the bright blue one, see their inventory tab) someone was test driving it and not looking where they were going. The sales man with him was probably shitting his pants! )

I just love exotic cars! Also 'unusual' cars, it doesn't have to be 'high end' - just something unique and different.

Cars are like pets to me, almost like a living creature. smiling smiley

It keeps getting worse - I was just thinking about 'regular cars' and this Skoda I used to have in Prague - looked at their website and its FAMILY crap all over it! YARG! There is even something you can click on called "Family - O - Matic"!

WHAT THE FUCK!!!???
http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/Pages/homepage.aspx

Here is that part specifically - it looks like a video ad featuring a smelly diaper! (I can't get the sound on the video, but it looks like this is the issue) -

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/model/actions/family/microsite/Pages/family.aspx

At the end of the video it says "Every family is different. And the same". Uh, wha? Why - because all kids shit their pants?

They also have, on their main page - some tab for kids with little cartoons and stuff. What - the kid is going to be choosing the car?

GAHHHHH!!!!!! It's EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!
December 02, 2011

I would talk to any one of those cars in a nicer way than I would talk to my husband.
December 02, 2011
satansbitch

I would talk to any one of those cars in a nicer way than I would talk to my husband.

LOL thumbs upwink

They do have some very beautiful cars. Just magnificent!

Of course we CF *CAN* get such cars - even if you're not wealthy - you can get used, get a good deal! I have had all kinds of exotic cars - in more the mid price range - Jaguar, Lotus, Lotus is edging into race car range! Mine - (Esprit) - oh holy shit was that thing FAST!!!
110 in 3rd gear! grinning smiley

I nearly killed myself in that thing! And, it only cost 35K (used) - comparable to the typical SUV! I loved my Lotus! I should've kept it! But - it was highly impractical - these things are only good for going very fast down a perfectly straight road (you barely touch the steering and you're all over the place! You MUST be a very skilled driver to handle it.) And the insurance was OUTRAGEOUS!

Plus, I barely fit in it - I am 5'9" tall and slim - I could barely cram myself into the thing. It is like - a "cockpit" - very very tiny interior. Not at all a 'practical' car by any means. Beyond even a 'sports' car - you're edging into race car range.

Still - so cool! smiling smiley

Oh here is a helpful tip for we CF who have $ to spend - there are MANY places that will RENT such cars! Sure that's not cheap either - but you can rent them for a trip or a weekend, not have the bother of owning the thing - and still have lots of fun! More fun too as you don't have to worry and care for them for long term / as with owning.

For those who might be interested in such a thing - just Google 'rent exotic cars' for your area - you can get them for a weekend or etc.

Keep in mind - with the really high end ones - you MUST be a very skilled driver - they are NOT easy to drive, very tricky and dangerous.

So, you can enroll in a pro driving class too - to learn how! <- Another fun thing the CF can do - and then you can go rent or buy - a kickass car! smiling smiley

smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley I just LOVE cars! Esp. the unusual ones. The are like rare exotic creatures to me! I also love to read about them, and see how they work - my first undergrad degree is in mechanical engineering - I love to make things and research how things work. I think this must be like a medical person with working on the humans, maybe LOL.

I have a fairly rare and unusual car now, out of production Benz / Karmann (built by). 240+ in 5th! smiling smiley

Just for us ~
Because Breeders have to change diapers in the back of their boring SUV grinning smiley

Anonymous User
December 02, 2011
Zzelda I love the excitement! And I thought my Volkswagen Tiguan (Wolfsburg ed) was quick :-)
December 02, 2011
That looks like a Buick going through its mid-life crisis. A sad day for the auto industry, indeed.
Anonymous User
December 02, 2011
I'll put my hand up for the revhead club too :cool

We are mainly into our 70s Holdens though, but if we had the opportunity to acquire a 1970 Challenger we'd jump at it. Also would love to get my paws on an Aston or a Maserati for the day - yeehah. We were going to hire something exotic when we were in Hawaii a couple of months ago - and couldn't find anything remotely good! That really sucked, but then we found out we could hire a dodge Ram for the price of a charger and we had fun in that anyway smile rolling left rightsmile

I would also point out that there is no way we could spend the money we do on cars if we had to deal with sprogs, and I don't hesitate to point that out when people start blustering at me.
December 02, 2011
norcalgirl
Zzelda I love the excitement! And I thought my Volkswagen Tiguan (Wolfsburg ed) was quick :-)

Yes! These are good cars! When VW does it right, they got something there! VW was also involved in Porsche and Skoda, were involved with/ merged with, at various points. I had a junk VW Scirocco once - this is the car I learned how to drive a manual trans without a clutch grinning smiley
(yes they have, but mine fell out, and you don't really need it anyway) (well up until you grind the gears so bad that the entire box falls out LOL. A *good* driver can do it without a clutch tho ~)

They have turned out good and bad cars; It does depend on the mgmt and marketing philosophy at any give time.

Shiny
That looks like a Buick going through its mid-life crisis. A sad day for the auto industry, indeed.

EXACTLY. THANK YOU.
December 02, 2011
Blundy
1970 Challenger

Don't get me started! grinning smiley

Oh HELL YES!!! thumbs upwink
December 02, 2011
My first car was a rusted out piece of shit 1989 Chevy Beretta GT that I ran into the ground. It was the biggest piece of fuck ever. Nowadays I drive a 1970 Chevy Corvette that my dad and I restored. He gave it to me for a graduation present after almost three years of working on it with him.

I LOVE CARS. Especially old cars. That famblee Porsche piece of shit can suck it.
December 03, 2011
SACRILIDGE!!!!
December 03, 2011
Drag someone out into the street and shoot them just for the idea, let alone defacing the poor porsche that way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login