Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"The ATTACK on Motherhood" (Fundie Article on Career Women Missing out on Moo-Hood):rolleyes2

Posted by kidlesskim 
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Family/Parents%20Corner/attack_on_motherhood.htm

God, I have found yet another site declaring religious fundamentalists' viewpoints spouting scripture as support with articles from schools being evil and teaching homosexuality among other Godless things, to this one about the evils of women working and not having famblees "of their own".: eye rolling smiley

"The ATTACK on Motherhood
....Nowadays, she says, the rule of thumb seems to be that the more successful the woman, the less likely it is she will find a husband or bear a child. For men, the reverse is true. Ms. Hewlett, an economist, conducted a survey and found that 55 percent of 35-year-old career women are childless. Between a third and half of 40-year-old professional women are childless. The number of childless women age 40 to 44 has doubled in the past 20 years. And among corporate executives who earn $100,000 or more, she says, 49 percent of the women did not have children, compared with only 10 percent of the men.

America went nutty years ago! Today, insane is a better word. Ms. Hewlett states that professional men have an "unfair advantage" over women (based upon the given statistics). Millions of working women, who focused too much on their careers, suddenly have realized that they've squandered their fertility. Now they want children and all the money in the world cannot help them. What a tragedy! Most career men at the same age have children and family. The facts speak for themselves, career women suffer when it comes to relationships and family. One can debate as to "why" this is true, but it is never the less sadly true.

It's not just America. This has become a major problem in Japan (there's actually too few children). Now the Japanese government is trying to study ways to facilitate women having children while maintaining their careers. It is getting crazier every day in this world. Now we see women actually having their eggs removed from their body and frozen into storage (so they can have the eggs implanted 20 or 25 years down the road when their career is over). It's unthinkable! If a career is more important to you than being a mother, I truly feel sorry for you. You've been duped by the greedy corporations who don't want you to have children, they ONLY want to make more money. It's just a fact that career women (what some might call "dominant" or "professional" women) are much less likely to have any children and a family.

Greedy men could care less about you, but I DO! That is why I wrote this webpage, because I want you to be happy. A woman's place is in the home, not behind a corporate desk. Is is it worth the price? Do you really need to work outside the home? Most working women choose to work a job, but do not have to. Remember: The greatest things in life are NOT things!......."

These are only a few excerpts from dozens of like minded articles on this and related links to this site regarding famblee and fundie viewpoints.
:smn

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
I'm amazed at how these fundies can attack other women for having lives of their own, all the while acting like they're the ones under attack.
Most working women choose to work a job, but do not have to.

What planet is this imbecile living on? Has she not heard about the economy that's in the shitter and how people are losing their homes and everything they own? And she thinks women who work are doing it for "fun" or to get money to redecorate their kitchen? How about to feed their fucking family, make a car payment, or keep them from having to live in a tent?

Jesus fucking Christ. Idiots like this make these statements and people just believe them without question. We are a nation of idiots!
I am really wishing idiots like this would stop "caring".
The article assumes the usual nonsense that all women want children but are delaying this because they want a career as well, and forgets about those (normal-thinking) women who don't want children but happen to have a career.

kidlesskim
A woman's place is in the home, not behind a corporate desk. ......."

What about those of us who are single, either by choice, or as in my case, lack of opportunity?

kidlesskim
Do you really need to work outside the home? Most working women choose to work a job, but do not have to. ......."

Well yes, otherwise I'd starve as I haven't snared a walking wallet!
Sorceress

What planet is this imbecile living on? Has she not heard about the economy that's in the shitter and how people are losing their homes and everything they own? And she thinks women who work are doing it for "fun" or to get money to redecorate their kitchen? How about to feed their fucking family, make a car payment, or keep them from having to live in a tent?

Jesus fucking Christ. Idiots like this make these statements and people just believe them without question. We are a nation of idiots!

THIS! Almost all famblees need both parents to work out of sheer necessity, for survival! Kyds are fucking expensive as hell to raise, and our economy is most certainly in the shitter! angry smiley It's not the fucking 1950's anymore! And sometimes I do actually find it hard to believe that people who think women should just stay in the kitchen still exist...but they do, and it's fucking scary! These are the same people who want "personhood" laws passed, want to essentially ban birth control and emergency contraception, and want to ban abortion. They want to go back to the "good ole' days" which weren't actually very "good" at all! angry flipping off
That hopping crazy misogynist was probably spawned in 1870s! openmouthed shock
I call :BS on his "statistics". I do not believe for one minute that over half of "career women" (and how is this defined?) do not have kids. When the stats get trotted out about how there's not enough breeding going on because wimmins are allowed to be edumacated, it makes my blood boil. I'd say 98% of the women I've ever worked with have kids. I don't know if I've ever really met any intentional CF women in the workplace.
the music that plays on this link is like low-budget horror movie music, like "bride of chucky" or something. which is appropriate, i suppose.

personally i don't care if a woman works or is a SAHMoo ot whatever, but it really pisses me off when these anti-feminist women make a career out of telling other women to stay home. yeah, i'm talking to you, sylvia ann hewlett and phyllis schlafly. hypocritical bitches.
Sylvia Ann Hewlett and Phyllis Schlafly should both be thankful for feminism. It lets them spout their mindless, ignorant crap. If we didn't have feminism, both of these bitches would have hung for speaking their minds.
Yes, the statistics are utter bullshit. Fewer than 20% of women are childless, and only a percentage of that number are deliberately CF.

fundy douche
Now they want children and all the money in the world cannot help them. What a tragedy!

This is not a tragedy. It's a fucking miracle. Someone needs to start touting the amazingness of being a careerwoman before we reach 8 billion people.

fundy douche
Most career men at the same age have children and family.

Hm, if being a career woman is such a huge, tragic phenomena, who are all of these childed career men breeding with? Apparently all of the career men managed to have children, so if the career women left the career field, who are they supposed to breed with, the unemployed stay at home househusbands?

fundy douche
If a career is more important to you than being a mother, I truly feel sorry for you.

Well, if that's how you want to spend your time, more power to you. I guess it's better than petitioning the government for whatever ridiculous religious bullshit you want them to support next. I'd rather have you wasting your time worrying about me than trying to control me.

fundy douche
You've been duped by the greedy corporations who don't want you to have children, they ONLY want to make more money.

Meanwhile, you shovel your hard-earned dollars into a greedy TAX FREE corporation that calls itself a church and you don't even get the courtesy of a fun piece of electronics in return - only the vague promise that some random hippie named Jesus loves you. Fucking idiot.

fundy douche
That is why I wrote this webpage, because I want you to be happy.

Well, I'd be happy if you set yourself on fire. I doubt that will happen. One can dream though.

fundy douche
A woman's place is in the home, not behind a corporate desk.

My place is wherever the fuck I decide it is, dick mangler.

Oh, are you offering to pay for my housing, my vehicle, my clothes, shampoo, food, cat supplies, medical insurance, utilities, dental care, prescription medications, etc? PM me and I'll send you my paypal info! I'll quit if you pay me what I currently make with regular cost of living and inflation raises. For life.

Remember: The greatest things in life are NOT things!......."

This may or may not be true but if you don't have your health, you don't have shit. So unless you want to pay for my medical insurance, as well as the rest of my existence, I'll keep working and you can shove your breeder propaganda up your rotten ass, provided there is room for it on the other side of your brain.
1. I am not being childfree to piss someone off or to cater to a corporate indoctrinated whim. I am childfree because I cannot subject a child to a self centered, low income earner, mentally flawed me. Not every person can be a parent and just because I might be able to get pregnant does not mean I should.

2. Islamofascists are not angry because we have women not having kids. Islam is a megalomaniacal cult founded by an undesirable desert raider who was prone to "visions" that oddly benefitted him and his minions. What they are mad about is as arbitrary as picking balls out of a bingo basket. They have an endless list of impossible appeasements. They will proclaim anger over women's rights one day and the next have a reason for their anger being a McDonald's two miles away from a mosque. Frankly, I don't care what the fuck they are mad over. I personally think when they are dancing around that black box that we put a pork smeared nuke right into the middle of it.

3. Fundies get on my fucking nerves with this shit. They preach from the King James bible, which was written to make kings gods on Earth. Early in Christianity, it was my understanding women had a higher standing than being fuck machines and popping out babies. Women are not objects and not possessions.
idiotfundiebint
the greedy corporations who don't want you to have children, they ONLY want to make more money

Then we have something in common: I don't want to have children and I want to make more money. What is better for me...the three pay raises I have received in two years, or three kids who will probably hate my guts while sucking my wallet dry.

I know the answer....can't pay the mortgage with vag droppings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
navi8orgirl
idiotfundiebint
the greedy corporations who don't want you to have children, they ONLY want to make more money

Then we have something in common: I don't want to have children and I want to make more money. What is better for me...the three pay raises I have received in two years, or three kids who will probably hate my guts while sucking my wallet dry.

I know the answer....can't pay the mortgage with vag droppings.

Corporations want you to have kids because then you are easier to control and are less likely to move around when you have better job offers and will quit if they give you a lot of shit. It is about control, and CF people can't have brats be used against them as a form of blackmail.
Mistress R, you nail it out of the park. These carrrr-azies have it all wrong. They WANT the parents.

Corporations know that the guy with kids ain't going anywhere; greener pastures are not an option. They know the woman who leaves early for soccer games and recitals won't be working OT or traveling or taking on extra work load so they don't have to worry about promoting them or paying them more.

An extreme case in point is fiction: John Grisham's "The Firm." The firm wanted solid marriages, famblee men and lots of kids. You find out why later on.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
navi8orgirl
Mistress R, you nail it out of the park. These carrrr-azies have it all wrong. They WANT the parents.

Corporations know that the guy with kids ain't going anywhere; greener pastures are not an option. They know the woman who leaves early for soccer games and recitals won't be working OT or traveling or taking on extra work load so they don't have to worry about promoting them or paying them more.

An extreme case in point is fiction: John Grisham's "The Firm." The firm wanted solid marriages, famblee men and lots of kids. You find out why later on.

That's an excellent example and very true too. I have heard company owners and executives actually make commentary to support this too like, "Now that Dobkins is married, we'll be sure to get some overtime out of him!", or, "Mildred's got kids and one is a diabetic, so there's no way she will leave since she's got the BXBS". Another time at a manager's meeting about employee raises and promotions the discussion came up about one guy who had a wife and kids and how he'd be happy with getting group health insurance coverage in place of a raise and how it'd be cheaper on the company to give him that instead. They actually did that quite often in that they'd single out the hourly employees recently turned salaried lower management and instead of a raise, they'd offer them the group health insurance if they had famblees.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
navi8orgirl

It's odd that you mention this book, I was just thinking of it the other day. And how it was one of the first things that opened my eyes about others wanting you to spawn for various reasons - I read this book when I was a young teen and this was way before I had studied or worked in business.

And you only need to use your common sense to realize that big biz certainly does WANT more consumers!

On the subject of the actual study of these issues - yes indeed one of the Rockefellers was big into population control, etc, but that's only one part of it. He, and others, wanted the populations of POOR people and UNDESIRABLES cut down - but they also wanted the populations of 'fit' WHITE PEOPLE INCREASED.

Fundies - if you're gonna spout this stuff - get your *facts straight*.

Also - YOU are doing what THEY want - so be careful not to offend your Overlords.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login