Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How Duds Age Horribly Overnight

Posted by loavesstillsuck 
How Duds Age Horribly Overnight
January 23, 2012
My guy had lunch with a guy who worked for him for about ten years. At the time my guy was being way too nice to his employee, allowing him to leave at 3 each day since the guy was pussywhipped by his wife who told him had to pick up the kids and deal with them every day. The kids also had to go to expensive private schools which neither of the parents could afford.

Well, the guy got laid off by a company he was working for and called up my guy desperate for work, which my guy doesn't really want to give him since 1) the guy was never responsive and never had much ethics or initiative and 2) the guy mentioned stupid stuff like how he had allowed his state license to expire ( it was too expensive because it costs about $150 a year to renew and all his money goes to the kids, of course.)

The FUNNY thing was my guy hadn't seen him in a good while, maybe a few years, and he was shocked at how this man (in his early 50's) has major bags under his eyes now. And it's not like he's been working long hours or raising young children at this point.

My guy also reminded me how another guy we know in his early 50's whose kids are finally around nine and eleven after years of being total immature brats also has huge bags under his eyes that won't go away.

Both men are good looking otherwise and used to have a youthful look but apparently having loaves suck the money and the life out of you ages you prematurely. Not just the moos, the duhs, too. They look haggard and at least a decade older than their real ages now.

My guy? Looks fifteen years younger than his real age. No bags under the eyes.

No KIDS either. YAY!

*Gloat with me, people. * GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT
Re: How Duds Age Horribly Overnight
January 23, 2012
I'm with you, loavesstillsuck. It happened to several friends of mine, male and female.

I noticed this when looking through pictures of a h.s. friend who just located me via Facebook. She's in her late thirties, and while she's not a bad-looking gal, I can tell that keeping up that 'look' isn't as easy. She looks a bit more made-up, and even with that she looks just plain tired in every picture. Still pretty, just drained and stressed. Her husband is someone I don't really know at all, so I have no basis for comparison, but in the pictures he looks like your average overwhelmed dad of young kids: tired, pasty, glazed, kinda trapped, with a big ol' smile slapped over it all. Like his wife, he's been aged by parenthood. There were a couple of 'before' pictures, and his eyes had more sparkle and his whole face got into his smile. In the smarmy famblee pictures his smile was just his mouth, with every little involvement from the eyes, which looked tired.

And after looking at the pictures for a bit, I was struck by now very unsexy most dads of small kids are. I've read about research into how men's testosterone levels fall off after having kids. And I know that hormones affect appearances. I can't help but wonder if it affects those dads' attractiveness on a hormonal level....it might not all be due to late night screaming babies, lack of sex, stress, mess, etc.
January 23, 2012
Had a customer come in today with her three kids. The oldest was preteen and the mother looked like she was in her forties. Nope, she was born in 1980! Had the oldest kid at 18 or 19. Meanwhile, everybody thinks I'm several years younger than my actual 26.
January 23, 2012
I've noticed that too. The vast majority of moms I know look so much older. I'm 32 and I got ID'd the other day (age of majority here is 19). I love when that happens smiling smiley Makes my day!
January 23, 2012
I know that genetics plays a part, but my 61-year-old spouse still has a thick head of blonde hair; just some grey wings over this ears...... not to ... yanno .... brag or anything smile rolling left righteyes2
Anonymous User
January 23, 2012
Genetics and lifestyle both play a role, but generally people who have sprogged look older than people the same age who have not. Some of them appear to age at least 10 years in the year after they have a baby.

Moos and duhs who think they are still hot are the worst. Not only are they fugly, but most are trashy looking as hell to boot.
January 23, 2012
Dorisan
I know that genetics plays a part, but my 61-year-old spouse still has a thick head of blonde hair; just some grey wings over this ears...... not to ... yanno .... brag or anything smile rolling left righteyes2

Definitely genetics. My spouse's hair started going when he was in his early twenties, and grey started in his thirties. He still looks handsome and dashing, though, and I think it's due to his lack of denial about it. He embraced his scalp. Confidence is sexy as hell.

And my own dad, who's in his mid/late sixties, still has a full head of hair. He raised three kids.
January 23, 2012
Gawd... my 57 yo dh does not have one gray hair on his head. (I know because I cut his hair) No bags under his eyes, no wrinkles, no sagging skin. His boss insists he dyes his hair... but he doesn't. The hair is hereditary because his mother did n't gray till she was near 70... ... anyhow... he does not look his age at all. Though he has a stressful job... I know he'd look far worse if we had gone through the 'kid phase'

Okay... I am totaly gray... but nobody but my hairdresser knows. Must be in the genes. I am nearly 60 and am pretty happy with the fact that I can still pass for someone in their 40's. Last compliment I got was from the woman who I am getting my new puppy from. I told her that I got my first poodle 38 years ago and she said "Wow, you must have been a child when you got him"
No... I was 21. She quickly did the math in her head and said "you look great" then she added "but that's because you never had kids" (yes she has grown kids)
January 23, 2012
Anyone notice how some fathers look - I dunno - dessiccated? It's like their kids (and possibly the harpy wife) sucked the life out of them.
Anonymous User
January 23, 2012
I've heard that having a child ages you quicker....my 26 yo friend who had her third child is already talking about getting a boob lift and a tummy tuck.smile rolling left righteyes2 Not that I am against that, you best believe I'll be at the botox clinic when I'm 50 if I feel the need to freshen up.thumbs upwink But really all of that work at her young age, having those kids did some serious damage to her body and clearly her self-esteem.

And it wouldn't surprise me with the toll pregnancy takes on you. Fluctuating hormones, weight gain, nausea, constant fatigue, doctor's visits, baby showers, etc. Then by the time you pop the damn thing out your life goes immediately goes down a drain of baby formula and sippy cups. No thank you.
January 24, 2012
Hell, I routinely get mistaken for a teen. When I was at a friend's wedding, I got to chatting about video games with some kid who I figured was about 13ish. He was 15 and he just about shat himself when I said I was 23; he thought I was his age and I think was jonesing for a date.

And I once joined an adults-only forum and put up a profile pic...tons of members tried to get me banned because they thought I was 12 years old. I was 18 at the time. Having kids does age you so bad - all the parents I see look like beaten old handbags. Even if they're thin, they just look....old. Wrinkles, eye bags, veins showing, stretch marks. It's like kids suck all the youth out of their parents and use it themselves to stay young. Bad enough they suck your wallet dry and soak up all your time and sanity, but they're like a reverse fountain of youth on top of that.

Makeup can only do so much, and Moos usually don't care enough to wear any. Also, try getting a Duh to put some on. They know they look like shit and they know everyone else knows, so why hide it? I know I'm gonna get old one day, and maybe I sound vain, but I want to look young for as long as possible.
Anonymous User
January 24, 2012
Pregnancy takes a horrible toll on an average body with an average income. Stars and rich people who can hire others to do the drudgery that the early years requires seem to come out okay for the most part.

That "Shape Of A Mother" (or whatever it's called) is terrifying. Every teenager should be required to read that site.
Anonymous User
January 24, 2012
My boss is a very handsome man, who has 3 children. He's a PNB, but he's half gray at 40. Poor guy is super nice, wonderful man, but completely run ragged between running the company and the children. I've babysat for him, all three girls are impeccably well behaved, but I'm sure they give him problems. His wife is a very sweet woman, but you can see the wear on her as well. If that's what well behaved children do to you, I can only imagine what horrors bratty snots wreak on a parent. Breeders don't have so much wear, methinks, as they don't care about their spawn.
January 24, 2012
The 2 men in in my life who are childfree are my husband and my older brother - both fabulous looking and even though my brother is 10 years older than me if I am visiting him (he's unmarried) I have made the same mistake more than once - in thinking and telling him that he is 30 (I am 44) because he looks that young! smug
January 24, 2012
bluevelvet
Pregnancy takes a horrible toll on an average body with an average income. Stars and rich people who can hire others to do the drudgery that the early years requires seem to come out okay for the most part.

That "Shape Of A Mother" (or whatever it's called) is terrifying. Every teenager should be required to read that site.

One of my friends has a daughter who gave birth just over a year ago - when I met the daughter (who is my age) she actually looked pretty good. But since then, raising a baby, if I run into her, she looks soooo much older than me. What. The. Fuck. Poor thing has no time to care for herself. Oh, and she wanted a baby pretty badly - couldn't have one naturally so she had IVF.

So glad I will never want for a child. Really.
January 24, 2012
I've been told I look 25 or 26. I stay in shape, lift weights, have excellent upper body strength too (I can do Marine style pushups) so I'll never have to worry about sagging boobs
January 24, 2012
rudegubmintworker
Anyone notice how some fathers look - I dunno - dessiccated? It's like their kids (and possibly the harpy wife) sucked the life out of them.

Yep. Lot like what I saw in the pics of my h.s. friend's husband. Glazed, empty, tired...with a smile that can't quite hide it.
January 25, 2012
That reminds me of many of my former bosses. Educated, great career, good money, SUV, two or three sprogs and a spendy SAHwife/moo who calls the office a lot. These guys smile and just hold it all together and you can see resignation in them. They would linger around my desk a lot and want to chat about things other than work or kyds. One of them broke one time and said, "What happened to me?" I just don't feel bad because these guys were in their thirties and forties and it didn't just "happen". They want to have their cake and eat it too.
Anonymous User
January 25, 2012
In my mind I keep alluding to meth ads with the before and after pics:

"10 years of kids: Think...Is it worth your life?!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login