Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mitt Romney: Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that

Posted by toomanybrats 
Mitt Romney: Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that
March 14, 2012
Last year, Mitt Romney supported a Republican plan to eliminate federal funding to Planned Parenthood — a battle that almost shut down the government. And his support for this idea has not faded. Yesterday, Mitt Romney told a local TV reporter in Missouri that he would “get rid of” Planned Parenthood, among other programs, to reduce the deficit:

The test is pretty simple. Is the program so critical, it’s worth borrowing money from China to pay for it? And on that basis of course you get rid of Obamacare, that’s the easy one. Planned Parenthood, we’re going to get rid of that.

Beyond simply threatening a program that provides necessary health care for millions of women, Romney has also called for cutting funds for Title X — the only federal program devoted to family planning — from the federal budget. The program covers low-income women and men who are uninsured, and without it, about 5 million people would lose their access to health care and contraception.

Link
Re: Mitt Romney: Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that
March 14, 2012
In my late teens, I started out by going to Planned Parenthood. I knew better than to ask my mom to take me to a gynecologist, as she would then know I was having sex, and the shit would hit the fan. But that's just it: the girls who benefit from Planned Parenthood are the mature, responsible teens and young women who know that having a baby would royally fuck up their lives. They actually want things for themselves, like good jobs and college educations. Meanwhile, my town is filling up with more welfare babies every year. I wish that somehow Planned Parenthood was tied in with Welfare, as in, if you don't go there first, get an exam, and get on birth control, then you can't get govt. assistance. So I am totally behind Planned Parenthood and future funding. I just wish it were better utilized by more women - the women who shouldn't be allowed to even have one baby, let alone a whole litter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login