Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Term paper topic on Mootherhood

Term paper topic on Mootherhood
April 15, 2012
Not mine--I finished school in December. I think I mentioned that I occasionally write term papers for people for a little extra cash. But I just got one that I had to turn down because there is no way I could write about this topic, even if it's only 3 pages.

"Students will explore how pregnancy, motherhood, or their own mothers have influenced their view of womanhood. The paper will be 3 pages long.

Describe your mother or maternal figure, your experience as a mother, your experience giving birth, or being part of a birthing experience in approximately 1-page. Then discuss how it has influenced or changed your view of womanhood. Make sure you link at least 2 concepts from the text into your analysis and use one other outside source. Concept examples include, sexism, stereotypes, sexuality, women & work, sexuality, the black matriarch, lesbianism ect."

If I was stuck writing that kind of paper, I'd be paying someone else to do it too! What a load of :BS I don't even know what class this is for, but I got this from a student in a physical therapy program. It might be for one of her electives.
Re: Term paper topic on Mootherhood
April 16, 2012
I could be reading more into it than is there, but it seems as though there's an implicit assumption in the question that motherhood is a prerequisite for being an adult woman, a viewpoint with which I would disagree. (Obligatory list of accomplished CF women inserted here). Perhaps you could write an anti-paper that proposes that one's view of womanhood was shaped by the choice to be CF.
April 16, 2012
clematis
I could be reading more into it than is there, but it seems as though there's an implicit assumption in the question that motherhood is a prerequisite for being an adult woman, a viewpoint with which I would disagree. (Obligatory list of accomplished CF women inserted here). Perhaps you could write an anti-paper that proposes that one's view of womanhood was shaped by the choice to be CF.

mmm, I also thought so. personally I do agree, but I get a feeling that the person who pay for the term paper writing and the professor who teaches this course (whatever the course is) won't be very amused....
April 16, 2012
felisdomestica
clematis

mmm, I also thought so. personally I do agree, but I get a feeling that the person who pay for the term paper writing and the professor who teaches this course (whatever the course is) won't be very amused....

I also thought the same thing, but I don't know the view of the professor or even the person who gave me the paper to write. So I turned it down and already passed it along to someone else I know.
Anonymous User
April 16, 2012
Only 3 pages for a term paper?
April 16, 2012
trekknits

I don't think long papers are assigned in college these days. Even in graduate school I never wrote a term paper that was more than 5-7 pages.
Anonymous User
April 16, 2012
Damn! I thought I lucked out if I got assigned something of less than 20 pages. 3 pages? Lucky little cocksuckers!
Anonymous User
April 17, 2012
nobodylikesyourkidbutyou
trekknits

I don't think long papers are assigned in college these days. Even in graduate school I never wrote a term paper that was more than 5-7 pages.

I'm still in college, and my last term paper had a minimum required length of 10 pages. My Senior Thesis is expected to be 30-100 pages. I guess it depends on the school and perhaps the field of study.
April 17, 2012
trekknits
nobodylikesyourkidbutyou
trekknits

I'm still in college, and my last term paper had a minimum required length of 10 pages. My Senior Thesis is expected to be 30-100 pages. I guess it depends on the school and perhaps the field of study.

It could also be that I went to a school that wasn't so good because I had intended to become a teacher and it really doesn't matter where you graduate from in that field. At least it used to not matter. My longest paper was 7-8 pages and it was for my bachelor's degree in English Literature. For my master's degree in Adolescent Education, I hardly had to write any papers. Most of my final projects were lesson plans/units.

The person in my OP goes to a pretty good school, so I'm really surprised it's only 3 pages.
PeaceNLI
April 17, 2012
I once had a professor, for one class only, who thought that women's sole purpose in life was making babies. He was an Orthodox Jew, who taught psychology. He kept pushing babies, etc. on us women and it drove me NUTS in class to think that any and all accomplishments I might achieve were a distant second place to The Almighty Babeee bowing

All the tests, research papers in class were geared to the babyyyyy. I hit back, writing CF papers and the accomplishments of women, etc...

My papers were all A grade. in fact, I think I had the highest, or second highest grade in the class. You can write a CF paper to a virulent baby rabid professor, but you have to back it up with facts, have a good bibliography, etc.. I would have written the term paper, with a CF view, and charged the client double.
April 17, 2012
I am in college (a cheap ass state school) and I just finished writing a 10 page paper. I've got another 20 page one due this week. And no, I would not have wanted to do the moomie paper either....I don't blame you for passing it on.
April 17, 2012
To be honest, I could easily turn that around. Motherhood has affected my view on women in this way: Women who chose to pursue it give the rest of us who don't a bad name. Literally! Employment records back it up!
Anonymous User
April 24, 2012
How on earth could someone write a well-researched term paper with multiple related topics in only three pages? That alone makes the class sound rinky-dink. Hell, just fleshing out the structure of a proper term paper would take at least three pages.
April 24, 2012
gailjefferson
How on earth could someone write a well-researched term paper with multiple related topics in only three pages? That alone makes the class sound rinky-dink. Hell, just fleshing out the structure of a proper term paper would take at least three pages.

This baffled me too. Assuming it's the standard double-space paper I dimly remember from college.....I just diddled a bit with a Word document on my desktop and I find that 3 double-spaced pages is 556 words. That is nothing! You can't develop any ideas in 500 words or even 1,000......this is for college?!
April 24, 2012
Here is the finished result from the other person I passed this on to. I did NOT write it. I actually don't think it came out so bad and it barely mentioned mootherhood at all. The person who this paper was for just tweaked it a bit and ended up getting an A.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My mother was a beautiful and strong woman. She took care of me, (insert brothers, sisters) and my father. From a young age she emphasized hard work, respect and manners. Whether it was an outside job or in our home, she always kept herself busy. She would clean the house top to bottom. She was also a great cook and spent a lot of time in the kitchen. Sometimes I would ask her why she worked so hard at home after coming home from work. She told me that she didn’t mind because it was for us and her and there was nothing more important in the world to her than the love, strength and bond of her family. She felt that there were never enough ways to express it. Even in everyday little things, my mother always did them with love. And while she was content with her life, she always wanted more for her children.
Outside of the family, my mother would talk about the importance of hard work. She taught me that those who worked hard would always be rewarded while those who did not would achieve nothing. In her eyes, work was to be done with pride no matter what the job was. And despite my mother’s busy days she always looked beautiful and dressed pretty.
Womanhood means so many different things to different women. Like most young girls I got my first impressions of womanhood from my mother. Many of them stay with me today and have helped me be the strong person that I have become.
I have never been a stranger to hard work and I know that if you persevere, you will see a reward at the end. For me, womanhood means being strong and independent. An example might be that a “girl” can’t take care of herself, but a “woman” can handle anything life throws at her without any help. Showing my love or appreciation in small acts of kindness is also my idea of female expression. In many ways these more traditional aspects of my perception of womanhood were influenced by my mother.
When it comes to topics such as sexuality, women in the work place or lesbianism, my family had very little influence on my perception. I came from a household and culture were topics such as these were not discussed openly or casually.
The role of American women in the workplace varies around the world and is very dependent on the culture under which you were raised. My perception of women in the workplace is that it is still very male dominated and at times, sexist. However there are still more opportunities for women to become educated, successful and powerful in the United States than just about anywhere else.
It seems that what it means to be a woman is constantly changing as reflected in pop culture trends. There are constantly magazines and television shows pointing out our flaws and telling us that we are not feminine enough or woman enough because we don’t live a particular lifestyle or use certain products. Sometimes it even seems like society is at odds with itself over these types of issues. Sadly there are still men who see women as tired stereotypes, inferior in abilities and weak-minded when it comes to decision making. Others see us as nothing more than sex objects or caretakers. What is even more alarming is that now women are actually attacking other women with the same sexist tactics that men have used for years – needing power and control to prove their own worth. It is unfortunate that in the 21st century some women’s ideas of womanhood include emulating the worst traits of men. I believe that a woman can be strong and powerful without emulating masculine, sexist traits. It is those types of women that I admire and aspire to be like, women like Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama. Women like my mother, who will always be the First Lady in our family.
As a young woman in the 21st century it is also important for me to maintain my feminine identity. I admit that this may be due to vanity, but it is my own choice. I do not do it out of pressure but because they make me feel more confident about myself. It may be an insecurity but I can at least admit it. To be able to be honest with yourself is another strong principle in my view of womanhood.
Clearly my personal view of womanhood has been shaped by my life, my experiences and of course by my culture. For me, womanhood is about achieving a balance. Strength, love, family, education, femininity and pride in myself are all important components of my view of womanhood. These are the things that helped shape me not only as a woman, but also as a human being. I am my own person and for me, this defines my womanhood
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login