Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeder coworkers who refuse to have a backup plan for daycare angry smiley

Posted by CrabCake 
Breeder coworkers who refuse to have a backup plan for daycare angry smiley
May 06, 2012
They always moo about how they "can't" cover this or that shift because of daycare issues....in this particular example, "My husband is out of town and the daycare is closed that day, so I CAN'T work." "Can't" in this context just pisses me the fuck right off.

I really don't think it's too unreasonable to think that you should have a backup plan for any emergencies that might pop up. It's the responsible thing to do in every aspect of life, because shit happens (and not just in diapers). I try to have a plan B for various situations, such as how will I get to work if the roads are bad in winter, etc. But breeders believe that just because their "precious" spawn are involved, they can simply trot out the parunt card and get out of whatever free, and (most) people won't judge them.

Just because they fucked without birth control, they think they have a socially acceptable excuse. What is so maddening is that they usually really do. angry flipping off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
Re: Breeder coworkers who refuse to have a backup plan for daycare angry smiley
May 06, 2012
CrabCake
They always moo about how they "can't" cover this or that shift because of daycare issues....in this particular example, "My husband is out of town and the daycare is closed that day, so I CAN'T work." "Can't" in this context just pisses me the fuck right off.

I really don't think it's too unreasonable to think that you should have a backup plan for any emergencies that might pop up. It's the responsible thing to do in every aspect of life, because shit happens (and not just in diapers). I try to have a plan B for various situations, such as how will I get to work if the roads are bad in winter, etc. But breeders believe that just because their "precious" spawn are involved, they can simply trot out the parunt card and get out of whatever free, and (most) people won't judge them.

Just because they fucked without birth control, they think they have a socially acceptable excuse. What is so maddening is that they usually really do. angry flipping off

So, your company doesn't charge them a personal/vacation day for that? They just get to take a free day off with pay?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
You're hitting a nerve with me, because we have a similar issue in my office. One of my coworkers, "Kate", nice enough person, I suppose, wound up getting pregnant one month into marriage. She had not been at the job very long at that point, and didn't have the leave built up for the THREE MONTHS she wanted to be off work. My boss begged others in the city government offices to donate sick leave. Some got donated, she got the three months off. Kate used all of her leave, granted, plus donated leave, and still had to sit out a week or so unpaid. The unpaid portion of her leave fell under FMLA.

Now the kid is almost age two. Since then, Kate has accumulated, and of course,used, both sick leave and vacation leave. Before she got pregnant, she was constantly out with migraine headaches, and still has to be sometimes. Naturally, she has to take off when Junior is sick. Of course, the husband in the situation "can't" take a day off his job to take care of their kid. It works like that the majority of the time - the mother has to take off and inconvenience her office, always. This pisses me off to no end.

She won't pay for daycare. She does pay a sitter, who will naturally need her own time off. This summer, Kate is going to take two weeks off work simply because the sitter is going on vacation, instead of doing something more friendly for the office and putting the loaf in a daycare for those two weeks.

Since she's saving up the vacation time for that, she uses sick leave every time she accumulates some....calls in, no doubt, claiming the loaf has an earache or faking a cough, or whatever.

Our office is small and any absence is a hardship.

I really wish there could be childfree employees only establishments. Of course, that is only a pipe dream.
SlumSlut
So, your company doesn't charge them a personal/vacation day for that? They just get to take a free day off with pay?

This person is salaried exempt, so she doesn't punch the time clock. We wonder if her (overwhelmed) boss knows of her comings and goings. And no, she doesn't work long hours with no overtime. She just takes advantage of being paid for 8 hours regardless of how few hours she's actually worked that day. It's a pisser. angry smiley
My work charges me a sick day for that kinda shit, but not parunts.
One of the reasons I didn't last long in nursing practice was covering for fucktard moos who refused to make any backup plans. I got plenty of extra shifts and money, but I was the one ALWAYS expected to cover for them because, if you guessed "she's childfree" then you win. The unit nurse supervisor was an ubermoo cunt, and even though our union contract required that call lists and extra shifts to be determined by a seniority formula, she told me that I was expected to cover shifts unless I wanted an unsatisfactory rating. I dumped my name badge on her desk and slammed her office door after I told her where she could put her expectations. She got fired from the hospital a few weeks later after she tried that with another nurse--who just happened to be a gay man that she always called "Fag, RN" to his face. Nice character, huh?
"My husband is out of town and the daycare is closed that day, so I CAN'T work."

translation: i don't want to work so i'm lying my ass off about my wallet and the daycare.

bitch.
Re: Breeder coworkers who refuse to have a backup plan for daycare angry smiley
May 06, 2012

Now the kid is almost age two. Since then, Kate has accumulated, and of course,used, both sick leave and vacation leave.

This is what pisses me off to no end about the system of separate sick leave and vacation leave, especially in cases (which I think is most employers) where you can't cash out your accumulated sick leave if you quit. This motivates those employees who are greedy and/or lack a work ethic to use it up as they go. When they do quit, they come out FAR ahead of someone who used very little of their sick leave. This system essentially punishes conscientious employees and rewards the leeches.

I've worked under both systems, and a single bank of PTO/vacation is the only way to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
This is what pisses me off to no end about the system of separate sick leave and vacation leave, especially in cases (which I think is most employers) where you can't cash out your accumulated sick leave if you quit. This motivates those employees who are greedy and/or lack a work ethic to use it up as they go. When they do quit, they come out FAR ahead of someone who used very little of their sick leave. This system essentially punishes conscientious employees and rewards the leeches.

100% this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login