Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1919 - It's ALL about the sprogs!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#1919 - It's ALL about the sprogs!
October 13, 2006
No doubt they put the sprog spin on the story to garner sympathy for this poor widdle famblee. How much you wanna bet that either the local fishwrap, or a loacl TV news station is gonna set up a donation fund for them?

I HATE it when they try to make any story all about the kids! You guys have probably heard about that NY Yankees pitcher, Corey Lidle, who, along with his flight instructor, was killed when the small plane they were flying crashed into a NYC high-rise. Well, it so happened that Lidle left a wife and a six year old sprog, and the flight instructor's wife is preggo. Some reporters, mostly female, made a bigger to-do about wives and sprogs left behind than they did aobut anything else. What if these guys were single and CF? Would they be saying, "oh, well, at least they didn't have KEEEEDS"?

What about the loss to baseball and the flying community? What about these guy's parents, siblings, and friends? Most reporters DID talk about the loss to the Yankees team over Lidle's passing. But sometimes I HATE these female reporters, many of who are MOOOS themselves, for only caring about the KEEEEDS!

Back to the topic of stolen goods: we're coming to that time of year soon, GIFTMAS! Every year, there's some incident of a famblee's home being burglarized, and all of their Giftmas presents stolen. Of course, then comes the usual begging for donations.

But I bet that if someone broke in my house and stole MY stuff, which is probably worth a LOT more than plastic kindercrap, no one would give a shit. It probably wouldn't even make the news!
CFScorpio
Re: #1919 - It's ALL about the sprogs!
October 13, 2006
Even more shocking are the stupid names given to those kids? Chase? Tristin? WTF? It's supposed to be spelled Tristan, not Tristin!
Anonymous User
October 13, 2006
Lidle's kid was quoted in the NY Post today asking if there was something wrong with the plane, because "I know my daddy's a very good pilot". How is this kid supposed to know what a good pilot is? He probably thinks lunchables are a healthy alternative to a real meal, but the NYP deems him a reliable source to claim the skill of his father's piloting?
October 13, 2006
catmommy9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> What about the loss to baseball and the flying
> community? What about these guy's parents,
> siblings, and friends?

And...

What about the loss of the lives of the people in the NYC high-rise condo? They sure did not deserve to have that plane crash into their unit by some guy who probably did not know what the h-ll he was doing???
CFScorpio
October 13, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
> And...
>
> What about the loss of the lives of the people in
> the NYC high-rise condo? They sure did not deserve
> to have that plane crash into their unit by some
> guy who probably did not know what the h-ll he was
> doing???

Luckily, no one died in the condo. They originally reported 4 fatalities, but I think now they are saying only the 2 in the plane were killed.
CF VTer
October 13, 2006
I'm a pilot. My educated theory is that whoever was driving that aircraft made a series of mistakes and it had nothing to do with the aircraft. My original hypothesis is beginning to make the rounds. He tried to turn around in a very constricted area, and hit the building instead.

Cirrus makes nice planes. When I heard of the crash, I thought, "Another moron thinking technology is going to keep him out of trouble." I didn't care about his kids. I was sad that he broke the plane!
CheeseLouise
October 13, 2006
catmommy9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No doubt they put the sprog spin on the story to
> garner sympathy for this poor widdle famblee. How
> much you wanna bet that either the local fishwrap,
> or a loacl TV news station is gonna set up a
> donation fund for them?

Catmommy, how on earth did you know? (sarcasm)

In today's fishwrap:

Aid pours in for military family whose possessions were stolen

While Jennifer Paulsen, her two toddlers and her grandparents slept in a motel outside Oklahoma City, thieves took the trailer containing all of the Paulsen family's possessions, including the children's toys and clothing.

(Snip parts about all the money donated by suckers)

WHY are the brats' "toys and clothing" put front and center? Those things are so easily replaced! The sprogs just trash them anyway! They have NO fucking value! The family lost ALL their possessions. I don't fucking get this. Yet another symptom of our society's over-the-top sprog worship.

Drunken ranting over...for now...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login