Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1927 Hospital mistake paralyzes new mom

Posted by Guest 
Short and sweet: Since this doesn't appear to be permanent (?), the teen moo hit the freaking jackpot. Her ambulance chaser will wring every last cent he can out of the doc, and then the teen moo can shoot up all day in her new condo. Then I bet the kid gets sent off to the grandparents... or social services just takes the kid.
I would like to point out that the last name of the teen moo means "a fuck" in French, which associated with a typical breeder first name says a lot.
Anonymous User
Re: 1927 Hospital mistake paralyzes new mom
October 16, 2006
Although it had to be traumatic to not be able to walk for a short time due to the medication error, I do not see where a lawsuit would be an option since the moo can again walk. I do not advocate a physician getting away with negligence. However, no one ever knows how the body is going to react to medication. This could have been an honest mistake as we only read how the reporter saw the situation. I am sure this young single moo is going to get a hush-hush handout to keep this out of the courts. This happens a lot with nuisance lawsuits.

I can also see the grandparents being stuck with the kid. This is another social trend of today...young girls breeding out-of-wedlock, acting as if Bay-Bee is a dolly, and then passing the infant/toddler onto the grandparents once they tire of mommyhood and want to go back to running the streets. Retirement and slowing down in life are out for these senior citizens when they feel forced to take on their daughters' sprogs. I only wish more people would make it clear that the young woman is not going to sprog-dump on them and then make a call to social services to pick up the child if/when Daughter Dearest tries to pull such a stunt.
CFBitchfromLA
October 16, 2006
As a matter of fact, the attorney will go after the hospital, physician(s), nurse(s), pharmacist(s) and any other staff member they can find even remotely attached to the incident. This is the deep pockets theory plain and simple.

I worked too many nights as an RN in an ICU and ER not to have experienced some of what happened, but thank Goddess it was not at my hands or even involved me at any time.

Medication errors like this are a health professional's nightmare, because they arise when no one is looking and just creep in and grow worse and worse, like an untreated infection. You just hope and pray you are never on the receiving end of one of these types of things, but they happen and you live with the consequences.
Anonymous User
October 17, 2006
CFBfromLA, you have my total respect. I cannot imagine doing your job in the ICU or the ER...especially with the LOOOOOOOOONG hours most nurses work. Same goes for doctors in those situations. It is total insanity having to make such crucial decisions when the body is exhausted.

The scary thing is how many patients are looking for lawsuits. The lawyers are just as nasty with how they swim around like sharks looking for a pay-off. I have a friend, who is a podiatrist. I used to have misconceptions of how ALL physicians were "rich" until I met this fellow.
October 24, 2006
Yea, boo hoo for the young, unmarried, slut teen moo. I'm sure she'll sue the ass off the hospital and won't ever have to work a day in her unnatural life.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login