Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

On Paid Moo-Leave:td

Posted by kidlesskim 
On Paid Moo-Leave:td
July 23, 2012
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/05/24/489973/paid-maternity-leave-us/

The above Moo propaganda article claims there are ZERO paid MOO-leave for sluicing and low: "....At the same time that working women in the U.S. lack a benefit widely available across the globe, almost 50 percent of families had two working parents in 2010, and 26 percent of households were headed by single parents. Without guaranteed paid maternity leave, many of these working women face significant financial hardship by having to choose between their paycheck and their families. If they are single moos, then they don't NEED to be sluicing anyway.Why should the rest of us be expected to pick up their slack "simply because" THEY CHOOSE a certain lifestyle? WHY should Moos automatically get PAID LEAVE that isn't offered to everyone else? confused smiley

Women are forced to put their careers and financial future at risk simply because they want to have children. During their pregnancy, they face being fired unfairly or not being able to properly care for themselves. They should not have to worry about making ends meet without paid maternity leave on top of that." If they can't makes ends meet if they take a few weeks off, then WHY are they shitting out loaves they can't afford ANYWAY? I am SO SICK of Moo entitlement. WE don't "owe" someone paid time off simply because THEY want a famblee anymore than anyone else is entitled to paid time off for THEIR chosen lifestyle choices that voluntarily take them away from the workplaceangrily flogging with a whip

http://www.mainstreet.com/article/family/family-health/best-companies-paid-parental-leave
I thought there was "zero" Moo leave in The United States? I already knew that was a lie and these breeder friendly companies are only a few that DO offer paid moo leave AND most all companies just about are required by federal law to give them TWELVE WEEKS of unpaid moo leave and guarantee their jobs too. Here's a few mentioned in the above and what they offer:

Prudential:
2 weeks paid, 25 weeks "job security", and TEN THOUSAND dollars in adoption reimbursement. WHY are we paying people to round out their famblees? So, for over SIX MONTHS they can "stay at home" and fuck off with the loaf and rest assured their same job with the same pay will be waiting on them when they get back. Can any of us leave our jobs for six months and expect to waltz back in like nothing happened? I fucking think not.

Bank of America
TWELVE WEEKS of paid leave for Moos, Duhs, AND adoptive parents. If all the other employees can't get 3 months off with pay, that is blatant discrimination

Discovery Communications
ELEVEN weeks paid, 3 weeks paid for baby daddys,

Price Waterhouse
12-14 weeks paid leave for moos AND duhs AND adoptive parents, as well as two EXTRA paid weeks for multiple loaves. TWENTY FIVE WEEKS of leave with "job security"

General Mills
2 weeks paid, 25 weeks "job security", 10k adoption reimbursement

I am sorry, but it isn't the responsibility of employers to pay breeders for sluicing and reward them with time off in addition to that,reimburse those with broken baby ovens for their expenses to adopt, offer them job security, and NOT offer those same benefits to everyone else.the world 'fail' on flames

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Anonymous User
Re: On Paid Moo-Leave:td
July 23, 2012
This is nothing. Here in Germany mothers get a year of paid maternity leave, plus two more years unpaid with a guarantee of getting their job back. On top of which the government pays people to have children. It's not welfare for poor people -- they pay everyone for having children, as if Germany (and the whole planet) wasn't horrifically overpopulated already. And "the government pays" is of course a euphemism for "we workers pay with our taxes", so everytime some cow squirts out vaginal discharge in this country, she's entitled to a cut of my paycheck. Meanwhile, I have to work longer hours to pick up the slack caused by one of my co-workers deciding she'd rather make the world a worse place by bringing a baby into it.
July 23, 2012
I don't see why anyone gets a leave for a voluntary medical screwup. Especially when said screwup is nothing more than just blowing your nose. Any vertibrate can procreate, so why is it so special?
July 23, 2012
If they get six months paid to have a fucking baby, I want six months paid to travel Eastern Europe. No? Then fuck the preggo bitch with a rusty chainsaw.
July 23, 2012
One of my coworkers, who is young and entitled, thought that she got three months paid maternity leave. Boy, was she stunned when I said to her, "Where did you get THAT idea?" Where we work, women are allowed to use their unused sick time for maternity leave, and after that, if they still don't come back, they are treated to "dock days." I think that that is more than fair.
July 24, 2012
I know I am in the minority here, but I am not against paid maternity leave.
In Italy you must get away from work for I think 8 months, and you have your job secure for 2 years.
Now, since I have heard of much a burden women who came back to work a couple of weeks after having the loaf are, I do not disagree with the idea.I would much prefer to contribute paying a woman to be away from work than having her pump breast (*shudders*) or having to pick up her slack. In the long run, I do think it is more profitable.

Also, despise this, we have one of the lowest woman/children ratio in the World, so something is being doing right.
(1.52 children for woman. Yeah!)

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
July 24, 2012
t.
In Italy you must get away from work for I think 8 months, and you have your job secure for 2 years.
Now, since I have heard of much a burden women who came back to work a couple of weeks after having the loaf are, I do not disagree with the idea.I would much prefer to contribute paying a woman to be away from work than having her pump breast (*shudders*) or having to pick up her slack. In the long run, I do think it is more profitable.

Also, despise this, we have one of the lowest woman/children ratio in the World, so something is being doing right.

You can't fairly compare policies in Italy to The United States for a variety of reasons, with one of the main ones being we don't have socialized healthcare, per se, unless you count for the poor and elderly, which leaves millions of people ages 21-65 paying for individual coverage or into group health plans.SO, every time a Moo goes into the whelping box on company time, it's also on the company insurance which raises the rates every time she sluices and QUADRUPLE that is she has a NICU birth for a preemie or water head, which these days is quite often. So, we have to pay for that AND pay her to take time off too? In addition to that, Italy has generous leave time, holidays, and paid time off for everyone, which we do NOT HAVE. It isn't fair for ONLY the breeders to be paid for time off and/or guranteed job security that isn't available to everyone else.

If the same paid time off were available for EVERYONE, I wouldn't care, but it isn't, It is grossly unfair to reward one lifestyle choice with paid leave and job security for what EVER reason and ignore everyone else's needs and choices for paid time off. That "everyone else" is ALSO expected to pick up the slack and maintain the work flow too, without extra compensation, WHILE Mrs. Piggy is enjoying her paid leave. Apples and oranges, comparing European company benefits to the shitty ones offered in The United States.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
July 24, 2012
I don't understand why the government, meaning taxpayers, should support a voluntary lifestyle choice. While it would be nice I sure wouldn't expect a government stippend for me to attend the literary and comic book conventions I like to go to. Other than the tax deduction, my parents never received anything for having me, and I don't recall them complaining once.

HOLY CRAP! Off topic here, but the radio is on, and the song bingoed me! "What would you do if you could be the perfect mom or dad?" I need me some Ramones right now!
July 24, 2012
I think it is abhorant that a company would pay their employee to adopt a kid! SUCH bullshit. This whole paid moo leave is discriminatory. I don't know how they get away with it. Blech.
July 25, 2012
kidlesskim
t.

You can't fairly compare policies in Italy to The United States for a variety of reasons, with one of the main ones being we don't have socialized healthcare, per se, unless you count for the poor and elderly, which leaves millions of people ages 21-65 paying for individual coverage or into group health plans.SO, every time a Moo goes into the whelping box on company time, it's also on the company insurance which raises the rates every time she sluices and QUADRUPLE that is she has a NICU birth for a preemie or water head, which these days is quite often. So, we have to pay for that AND pay her to take time off too? In addition to that, Italy has generous leave time, holidays, and paid time off for everyone, which we do NOT HAVE. It isn't fair for ONLY the breeders to be paid for time off and/or guranteed job security that isn't available to everyone else.

If the same paid time off were available for EVERYONE, I wouldn't care, but it isn't, It is grossly unfair to reward one lifestyle choice with paid leave and job security for what EVER reason and ignore everyone else's needs and choices for paid time off. That "everyone else" is ALSO expected to pick up the slack and maintain the work flow too, without extra compensation, WHILE Mrs. Piggy is enjoying her paid leave. Apples and oranges, comparing European company benefits to the shitty ones offered in The United States.

Uhm I get it, Kiddle.

I would like to add that you can take an year off here to do what you want, getting a percentage of your salary (I don't remember how much).

I know a couple who took it and went to travel the World, and a woman I knew to write a book...

You have to have worked for X years and there are some prerequisite but it is possible not only for breeders. Of course there are drawbacks (if you don't work for a year you lag behind in promotion and such) but alas, if you prefer to do other things you can.

Peraphs this is why I am not so against parental leave. You can take your own XXX leave if you wish.

(I would like to add that it is very rare, few people do it. But it is possible).

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2012
Moos should be able to take off as much time as they want.....but not to get paid for it. If they want a year off, fine, but don't expect a penny.
July 25, 2012
mooo moooo moooo.

I wonder, do employees who get cancer or other serious medical conditions that need prolonged treatments also get paid-leave in the USA or anywhere?
July 25, 2012
t.
kidlesskim
t.

Uhm I get it, Kiddle.

I would like to add that you can take an year off here to do what you want, getting a percentage of your salary (I don't remember how much).

I know a couple who took it and went to travel the World, and a woman I knew to write a book...

You have to have worked for X years and there are some prerequisite but it is possible not only for breeders. Of course there are drawbacks (if you don't work for a year you lag behind in promotion and such) but alas, if you prefer to do other things you can.

Peraphs this is why I am not so against parental leave. You can take your own XXX leave if you wish.

(I would like to add that it is very rare, few people do it. But it is possible).

thumbs upwink I am glad you understand!

IF The United States had similar policies relating to time off and offered many other benefits that fully socialized countries had, I honestly would NOT CARE what breeders did with their time off. That's exactly the point, to me, they are getting something NOT offered to everyone else and until recently, it also was quite discriminatory to the sperm donors too. I "get" they need time off for their hole to heal and MAYBE even that could fall under "sick leave" in some cases, but it should NOT exceed two weeks unless they have had complications and/or a c-section requiring longer recovery time.

What REALLY chaps my ass is this 3-6 months off bullshit that I suspect is ONLY the tip of the iceberg. That, and reimbursement for adoption. They ALREADY GET a tax break when they adopt and if they adopt from the state they get additional money ESPECIALLY if it has "special needs", which in The United States can include it's mixed race and perfectly healthy.eye rolling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login