Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So, you screwed my husband? Oh well. I want you back because you're great with my kids :wtf

Posted by Dorisan 
The f* up logic of a parent :crz

Dear Prudence,
My husband and I have 7-year-old twins. For the first few years I was a stay-at-home mom, but I rejoined the workforce about two years ago. My husband and I decided to hire a nanny instead of sending our kids to day care. After a diligent interview process, we chose “Gretchen.” She was an outstanding candidate with great experience and references. My children adored her and I did, too. Unfortunately, about five months ago I discovered that Gretchen and my husband were having a sexual affair. In my shock and anger, I fired Gretchen and kicked my husband out of the house. He begged me to reconcile, but I have decided to divorce him. As the months have passed, though, I realize that I regret firing Gretchen. My friends and family think I am nuts, but I want to rehire her! She is no longer in a relationship with my husband, and no one I have interviewed comes close to her references, education, or flexible schedule. My kids are now stuck in a day care they hate. Am I crazy for wanting to take back my nanny and not my husband?

—Needs a Nanny

Dear Nanny,
In an episode of HBO's Girls, sexy Jessa gets a surprise visit from the woman she’d been working for as a nanny. That job ended because Jessa and the father were seriously sniffing around each other, although they never ended up in bed. The mother tells Jessa that she’s had a dream in which she kills, eats, and defecates Jessa, then she asks Jessa to come back to work for her. I found the scene unbelievable, but you’ve proved me wrong. Sure, good help is hard to find, but I’ll join your friends and family in being baffled by how the affair between your husband and the nanny is a marriage-destroyer but not an employment-ender. It may be that the violation of the sanctity of your home and the image of Gretchen and your husband locked in an embrace has made it impossible for you to continue your marriage. But if that’s the case, I do not understand how you can contemplate looking at her every day in the flesh. This is also going to be profoundly confusing for your children. They’ve just gone through the trauma of their family coming apart. Surely even at their tender ages they’ve picked up that something was amiss with Daddy and Gretchen. You can’t then expect them to make sense of Daddy being gone and Gretchen coming back. Try to imagine explaining this in years to come when they explore the reason for the divorce: “Your father and Gretchen had an affair. Someone had to leave, and I decided it should be Daddy.”

Since you’ve shown yourself to be the pragmatic type, instead of putting your efforts into re-engaging Gretchen, I hope you will consider giving your marriage another try. Your husband and Gretchen aren’t lounging by the pool at their new love pad; they’ve realized the mess they’ve made and broken it off. (And it’s fair if right now your most fervent wish about your husband is to break his off.) Ending your marriage will have far more significant and long-lasting effects on your entire family than having to find a new baby sitter. Your husband has begged you to reconcile, so before you take further legal steps, agree to a limited number of counseling sessions. At the least you will have the satisfaction of a forum to make him hear how it feels to find yourself living the most humiliating domestic cliché.
saying 'wtf' I guess THIS is one of those times people are supposed to "forgive" in the name of Jeebus. I am sorry, but The Holy Bible also talks about an eye for an eye. I would NEVER let that woman back into my house OR my life, nor would I take that husband back either. Then again, I wouldn't have spawned in the first place which would have significantly lowered the odds of having a husband cheat in our home and under my nose.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
I wouldn't take either of them back.
Seriously? Is this woman on drugs? If my husband was stupid enough to fuck around on me, I would cut his balls off, never mind letting his cheating ass back into my house. As for Gretchen, she is nothing but a dirty whore, and if it were me, Gretchen would have gotten her ass beat.

Any woman who sleeps with another woman's husband is a filthy gutter cunt.
Well, he was her walltet, obviously, not her husband.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Bitch REALLY needs a reality check! :eyebrows
Why are so many people blaming Gretchen? She wasn't the one who was married. She wasn't the one who had "a family to think about". She was a free agent. Do people owe their employers to be keepers of their relationships? I would almost understand the reaction if it were a friend's husband, but why such vitriol?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
I'd be done with them both.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
Don't forget the obvious: he probably wasn't 'getting any' from the worn out sacred moo.
We allll know the excuses once they sprog.
Head so far up kiddy ass they forget they have a husband and ignore them. (he's supposed to be celibate except when she wants servicing for the next sacred cunt dump)

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
twocents
Don't forget the obvious: he probably wasn't 'getting any' from the worn out sacred moo.
We allll know the excuses once they sprog.
Head so far up kiddy ass they forget they have a husband and ignore them. (he's supposed to be celibate except when she wants servicing for the next sacred cunt dump)

This is true. I guess I wouldn't have to worry about this because sex is nigh upon sacred to hubbs and me. Also, I wouldn't need a nanny, and my vagina has never been used as a loaf flume.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
trekkie monster
Why are so many people blaming Gretchen? She wasn't the one who was married. She wasn't the one who had "a family to think about". She was a free agent. Do people owe their employers to be keepers of their relationships? I would almost understand the reaction if it were a friend's husband, but why such vitriol?

In the particular field of work Gretchen chose (childcare), you don't go to work for the parents and then participate** in an act that would break up the family. Each day, you would be tending to the care of the people who would be most damaged by the actions of you and your cohort.

**this was an act where both parties are culpable

Gawd, the husband is a lout and a skeeve. I don't care if there is an attraction, (for me) it's an attack on honor and principle to be approached and asked to participate in adultery. I'd be telling the husband to piss off.
trekkie monster

Personally, first and foremost, I'd blame my husband. However,"Gretchen" was playing the role of caregiver to my kids which placed her in a "trust" position in my imaginary life, regardless if it was a paid one. Therefore it would make it worse than if she was a woman he met some place else OR who I didn't know. Gretchen was living in the HOME too, which is even worse than cheating somewhere else. I think if someone knows the person they are fucking is married or even in a committed relationship it's wrong to allow a relationship to form. They are BOTH guilty, no doubt, but because Gretchen happened to be single doesn't give her a get out of jail free card.IMHO.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login