Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1934 - No more playing tag

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#1934 - No more playing tag
October 18, 2006
I saw that on the local news last night, and I think it's insane.

When I was a sproglina, I went out and ran around, no helmets, knee pads or other foam-padding. If I fell and hurt myself and it was bleeding, I'd go home, wash the wound, put on a band-aid, and go back out.

I would not want to be a kid now, and this is a good reason not to have any. No doubt I would be considered a bad parent for not foam-padding my kids' world enough.

How did I ever survive?
CFScorpio
Re: #1934 - No more playing tag
October 18, 2006
No wonder so many kids are fat these days. They're not allowed to run around and play because they might get hurt. So what else can they do but sit on their asses?
October 19, 2006
plus parents buy them ps2, xbox etc.. its nanny state, they blame the kids for being fat, then they stop kids playing.

look at the pedophilia fear, you cant let kids go out, you cant let the play they may hurt themselves, kids cant do this, cant do that, its the state and parents are to blame.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
October 20, 2006
Don't forget about their fragile self-esteem. If you never get "tagged" you'll never feel sad, and that's a good thing because sadness isn't part of life.

Stupid stupid breeders.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login