August 28, 2012
Right On!!!!

:jump bowing

your children are overrated and overvalued, and
you've turned them into little cult objects. George Carlin

Not a single gram of fuck shall be given today
Re: :smug Why I Don’t Allow Kids in My Bar
August 28, 2012
If I am ever in New York City, I will stop by for a drink. Good for him!
August 28, 2012
Make sure you read the Stroller Manifesto

thom_c
I agree. That sounds like a good book.
thom_c

I did - it is hilarious and the childish parunts are out in force on the comments. They have to "go out of their way USING their kid to annoy "us" ".

This guy sounds especially immature. Glad he spawned - not:

Treespeed | March 29, 2008 at 9:05 pm | Reply

Wow, hilarious. It’s good to know all of the things I can do with my child to annoy you. I knew about the fancy restaurant and movies, but from here on out I’ll be bringing my toddler to the bar and only booking red eye flights.
If you feel so strongly about the issue maybe you should all just get sterilized or better yet kill yourselves since your genetic dead ends anyways. BINGO was his Name-o....

And another genius:
Sam | July 14, 2008 at 8:29 pm | Reply

So when all you child haters were children did your parents drop you all on your heads!? lol I think so!BINGO was his Name-o....

And #3:

GesusLovesYall | November 4, 2007 at 8:03 am | Reply

Fucking dumb.
We need to add his blog http://takebacktheisland.wordpress.com/ to our list on the left column here with Bitchy Waiter, et al.

ETA, unfortunately, it looks like he hasn't updated his blog since 2009, disqualifying him for our fav spots sad smiley
August 28, 2012
It looks like a hipster hangout, but it's cool that this guy keeps the brats out. The website says 21+ all the time, and it looks like they got some good music and a retro loungy atmosphere. It would really suck to ruin that type of place with brats. Too bad I'm too old to be a hipster. :nerd
I might go check out his bar this week, if I'm in his neighborhood. if so, will update here smiling smiley
August 28, 2012
My genetic dead ends what? Moron.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 31, 2012

If you feel so strongly about the issue maybe you should all just get sterilized or better yet kill yourselves since your genetic dead ends anyways.

I think I want to use a more literate variation of this phrase to comfort grieving breeders who have lost all their children: "You may as well kill yourselves since you're genetic dead ends."
August 31, 2012
Great article!

I have a fascination with the gentrification of New York and Brooklyn. Here's an opinion piece from the New York Times about Park Slope:

Park Slope: Where is the Love?

I didn't want to thread jack, but this quote from the article infuriated me:

Park Slope also may provide a peek into a crystal ball that some don’t want to see. “Hipsters and people who don’t have kids are terrified of becoming grown-ups and parents, which is what Park Slope has come to represent,” said Jeff Sandgrund, 30, a lifelong Park Sloper. “So you lash out against that as if it’s the worst thing in the world, when in five years, you know what? It’s going to be you.”

...and Bingo was his name-o. I didn't realize that watching Teletubbies and being obsessed with organic cotton onesies was a way to be "grownup". *gag* I'm not terrified of being a parent, you dumbass. I'll just continue making good money from my career, advancing intellectually and professionally, paying for my nice apartment, and having rich relationships with people, you know, because I'm soooo immature and afraid to grow up.

LucyTrainWreck
Great article!

I have a fascination with the gentrification of New York and Brooklyn. Here's an opinion piece from the New York Times about Park Slope:

Park Slope: Where is the Love?

I didn't want to thread jack, but this quote from the article infuriated me:

Park Slope also may provide a peek into a crystal ball that some don’t want to see. “Hipsters and people who don’t have kids are terrified of becoming grown-ups and parents, which is what Park Slope has come to represent,” said Jeff Sandgrund, 30, a lifelong Park Sloper. “So you lash out against that as if it’s the worst thing in the world, when in five years, you know what? It’s going to be you.”

...and Bingo was his name-o. I didn't realize that watching Teletubbies and being obsessed with organic cotton onesies was a way to be "grownup". *gag* I'm not terrified of being a parent, you dumbass. I'll just continue making good money from my career, advancing intellectually and professionally, paying for my nice apartment, and having rich relationships with people, you know, because I'm soooo immature and afraid to grow up.

So people who have had children but would buy beer before they'd pay their rent are grown-ups and we're perpetual children, even if we have careers and are financially independent?
August 31, 2012
That’s why our feelings about Park Slope are linked to our feelings about our entire city: our overpriced, chain-store city run by bankers, socialites and, it seems, mommies. The artists are fleeing and your friends, it seems, have become Park Slope pod people. (And they’re coming for you, too.)
:smn
August 31, 2012
navi8orgirl
My genetic dead ends what? Moron.

I know. I read that and went whaaa? also.

This could become some 'beat poetry' type of thing ~

My genetic dead ends ~
What?
Moron.
How Now?
Brown Moo Cow?
September 01, 2012
I wish bars in Dallas had this kind of guts! Kids do not belong in Deep Ellum (Big D's club district) much less in the kind of bars that can have spontaneous gang or punk versus goth rumbles. But the cows bring them anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login