Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ann Romney's Speech. angry smiley Care to Tear It to Shreds?

Posted by nathanomir 
Ann Romney's Speech. angry smiley Care to Tear It to Shreds?
August 28, 2012
I didn't watch, because I just don't care that much this election cycle. But I've read enough to think that Ann Romney's speech at the Republican Convention is good wood for the carving here on Bratfree.

Here's the Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/28/transcript-ann-romney-speech-at-republican-national-convention/

And here are some highlights:

I want to talk to you about that love so deep, only a mother can fathom it. The love that we have for our children and our children's children.

And if you listen carefully, you'll hear the women sighing a little bit more than the men. It's how it is, isn't it? It's the moms who have always had to work a little harder to make everything right. It's the mom's of this nation, single, married, widowed, who really hold the country together. We're the mothers. We're the wives. We're the grandmothers. We're the big sisters. We're the little sisters and we are the daughters.

You know it's true, don't you?

You are the ones that have to do a little bit more and you know what it is like to earn a little bit harder earn the respect you deserve at work and then you come home to help with the book report just because it has to be done. You know what those late-night phone calls with an elderly parent are like, and those long weekend drives just to see how they're doing. You know the fastest route to the local emergency room and which doctors actually answers the phone call when you call at night, and by the way, I know all about that. You know what it is like to sit in that graduation ceremony and wonder how it was that so many long days turned into years that went by so quickly. You are the best of America.

Huh. So the love I hold for my wife is shallow compared to hers as a mother. I guess I'll get a divorce now. Thanks for your permission, Ann.

And moms hold this country together. Wow. So, all men, single people, fathers, and even children are absolutely useless and a drain. Gee, I say we all quit working and let the mothers go to work to support us. Oh, wait. They can't. They don't have job skills!

That final paragraph is a really narrow definition of women and their worth as individuals, wives and members of society. Their only worth is in sacrificing their jobs (which they can't in this economy) to work on book reports (which the lazy damn kid should be doing himself), ferrying sick kids to the doctor and going to graduation. Nothing for the women. No goals, no dreams, no lives.

This is a bunch of fucking bullshit! From a woman who has never worked a day in her life and probably doesn't know what the inside of a Wal-Mart or Sears looks like.
Re: Ann Romney's Speech. angry smiley Care to Tear It to Shreds?
August 29, 2012
You'll never know real love + TMIJITW = standard political formula. Shit like this seems to come out of the mouths of all politicians, regardless of what country they're in and where they stand politically. I hate it.

One of these days these fuckers are going to start to lose in a landslide and suddenly they'll look around them to see that a large percentage of the population doesn't fit their idea of famblee and we're sick of being treated like shit.
August 29, 2012
What utter bullshit.

The love I have for my husband is somehow not as a strong as her love for her children? I get so tired of hearing this crap. It's condescending and rude, not to mention, flat out wrong. I am getting tired of being talked down too.
August 29, 2012
What makes me laugh is that the love of the children for the parents is completely downplayed, which is, of course, the purest idiocy xD

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
August 29, 2012
A useless cunt who has never had a job or done much of anything (besides shit out kids that she hands off to nannies) talking about "sacrifices" or having to "work harder"? Fuck her sideways with a cactus lubed in sulphuric acid tied to a chainsaw. She's pretty much $arah Palin without the glasses or extremely annoying "if she says one more word I will chew my arm off" voice.
August 29, 2012
That speech got high praise, like she was the star of the night. ????
It was an ok speech other than that drivel but it surely got the job done with moos.
nathanomir
It's the mom's of this nation, single, married, widowed, who really hold the country together.

nathanomir
You are the best of America.

And as a reward for being the best of America, and for holding the country together, you shall get this pat on the head, and nothing more. Now get back in the kitchen while we get busy elevating the status of fertilized eggs above that of Moms.
August 29, 2012
In the words of Bill Maher... This so doesn't work on me.

I did not watch the convention. I was watching reruns of my favorite shows instead. I did see a quick mention about Ann Romney's :Violin speech, though. She's lauded as the heart of the convention, a real woman, and blah, blah, blah. If Mittens has had a hard time appealing to the 'womenfolk,' his wife sure did it for him.
August 29, 2012
The chick's okay and I like how she was saying that they started from nothing (in a basement apt I think) but all the moo blather was a turn off.

Truth is.. I don't like either candidate.

That's all I'm sayin' about this political season. I got in trouble last time. LOL!!
August 29, 2012
Leaving the politics out of it, I have heard from people who know the Romneys personally that Anne is a nice person and very funny. Mitt is so stiff because he is dorky and Anne takes the lead socially. I hate the moo stuff but mormons are big big big on famblee and Mrs. Romney claims to have raised the boys without using nannies. So far I can't say much bad about her and I do not automatically think wealthy people are evil or unable to empathize with the less fortunate.

Christie was a good speaker as usual and the criticism I've heard is that he was not bombastic enough - people were expecting a big blowout from him Jersey style - YO.

Now that Ryan guy, I can't see warming up to him. He just strikes me as a flyin a-hole.
I live in Joisey, and if you want to hear Crispy Creme Christy do a blow out, then go to nj.com and search their databasesfor Christie videos where he has cursed, and otherwise told citizens to basically STFU because they dared to criticize His Holy Fatness or oppose his views.

I could go on and on about him, but this isn't the proper thread for that. Look it up yourselves.
August 29, 2012
Obviously, they're trying to get the women voters back after the Akin fiasco. You know how you wonder what kind of woman would marry someone like Romney, Akin, Ryan, etc., well I guess we have our answer.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
August 29, 2012
I'm tired of the Republican Party emphasizing the June Cleaver type woman at their conventions. With the sole exception of Elizabeth Dole (and her speech was lame), I can't recall any other "type." Even Sarah Palin, a gun toting governor, was touted as a "MOM!"

Ryan speaks tonight. I may have to listen. I quit smoking last Friday, so I'm in a foul mood and I deserve a good round of hurling foul language at the television. Of course, the Republican handlers will keep him on a tight leash. "Talk about the budget and stay away from Personhood!" What a pity. It would be fun to watch the guy self-destruct, a la Todd Akin.
yurble
...One of these days these fuckers are going to start to lose in a landslide and suddenly they'll look around them to see that a large percentage of the population doesn't fit their idea of famblee and we're sick of being treated like shit...

This is 100% how I feel. With a projected 20% of couples choosing to be childfree, I can easily see how this will happen.

Now, Anne seemed poised and charming. I'm sure that she is a lovely woman.

I wasn't impressed that the RNC kept mentioning how she is a breast cancer survivor, and has MS. I'm sure those things are difficult to deal with, but I'm sure having all the money in the world makes it easier to deal with. For example from her wikipedia page:

Romney is an avid equestrian, crediting her renewed involvement in it while in Park City, Utah, (where the couple had built a vacation home and where they lived when he was in charge of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games) for much of her recovery after her multiple sclerosis diagnosis[27][35] and for her continued ability to deal with the disease.[25] She has said that riding "saved my life", explaining that, "I was losing most of the function of my right side. And I decided I needed to go back and do what I loved before I couldn't do it anymore."[36]

I don't think your average American Mawm could afford this.

I, for one, am tired of women being defined by how they fit into a family. Mom, Grandma, Daughter, etc. I am more than that, and it would be nice to be recognized as an equal citizen, capable of taking care of my own decisions about my body. I am not a child, and I don't want to be treated like one.
August 29, 2012
As far as cancer goes, she got lucky. It was a non-invasive form. A lumpectomy, some radiation and all gone. MS is admittedly a lot tougher.

I think she is harmless in the grand scheme. Pushing the mommy angle won't win women as a whole though. How many out there work outside the home, even mothers? This is where people say she is not in touch.

The RNC still seems to be running the Beaver Cleaver home life platform, but that won't work. Lots of families do not include kids and a picket fence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 31, 2012
One word: Stepford.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
September 01, 2012
I'm a conservative, but I'm a conservative Democrat (yes, we do exist). Being disgusted with people who call the President Barak HUSSEIN Obama, emphasis on the middle name, I decided to look up Romney's middle name, so I could return the favor.

Mitt IS his middle name.

His first name is WILLARD!

Does he have a pet rat named Ben?
September 01, 2012
My husband was watching a recap of that speech last night until I made him turn it off. I refuse to see or hear that worthless cunt. She was born with a silver spoon in her pissy mouth and turned her loaves over to nannies at the first possible moment. If she had ever done a day's work I would die from shock.
September 01, 2012
It's so hard for me to even care about this election.......
Is there ANY candidate out there who gives a flying fuck about a middle class single childfree woman?? Does anyone care about the struggles that I go through? I don't think so... so I'm not going to move my fat ass to vote for any of them The government on either side of the isle is just there to steal from our wallets to give to the moo masses.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you can't feed your baby, then don't have a baby. And don't think maybe, if you can't feed your baby."
- The wisdom of the late Michael Jackson
"The mother of the year should be a sterilized woman with two adopted children." - Paul Ehrlich
September 01, 2012
jmc
It's so hard for me to even care about this election.......
Is there ANY candidate out there who gives a flying fuck about a middle class single childfree woman?? Does anyone care about the struggles that I go through? I don't think so... so I'm not going to move my fat ass to vote for any of them The government on either side of the isle is just there to steal from our wallets to give to the moo masses.....

You have a point. I am going to vote because it is my civic duty to do so. However, it feels like I'm just voting for the lesser of two evils.
September 01, 2012
Snark Shark
" only a mother can fathom it. The love that we have for our children and our children's children."

that's the little part i heard. MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is why I'm NOT mother to a human. Because I CAN'T fathom it. I know I'd shake my baby. My cat drives me crazy sometimes!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
September 01, 2012
Nathanomir, from the comments you've made thus far on our board, you appear to be, if I may please take the liberty of saying so, a curious, highly intelligent, inquiring, informed, supportive, loyal, ethical person.

But you can take all that and chuck it in the trash because as a gentleman you simply will NEVER ACHIEVE the lofty heights of SAHM-dom. Sorry. You're out of luck. Just give up. ONLY moms know the Olympian heights of true love, and only moms make sacrifices, work hard, improve the world.

Hate to inform you but better get resigned to your fate, sir.

Ann Romney's pandering to the female vote here is reprehensible IMO. Sure, Paul Ryan would love to strip away the right to get an abortion (a medical procedure that affects NO ONE but the woman) but a few treacly words from a rich housewife will wipe the slate clean? Not in my book. I don't even care much @ political parties; I'm fiscally conservative but socially liberal and Independent. I just know BS when I hear it.

..........................................................................................................................................................
Established tiling methods are for unlambent nonbreathers filled with tiny rage.--CrabCake
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login