Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Devil Bus at it again. 4 Dead 5 injured in Nebraska

Posted by KABA 
Devil Bus at it again. 4 Dead 5 injured in Nebraska
September 06, 2012
4 dead, including 2 students, after Nebraska bus collides with tractor-trailer

There's no mention about what caused this accident, but I can guess a distracted bus driver having to deal with hellions. Bus drivers who have their powers stripped away will have to face this kind of nonsense more and more.

Of course the comments on the sites releasing this news seem to be blaming all the tractor-trailers on the road or incompetent bus drivers. I'm so sure that the kids packed onto that bus had no blame in this at all. smile rolling left righteyes2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
Re: Devil Bus at it again. 4 Dead 5 injured in Nebraska
September 06, 2012
Comment One
We need to get these semis off the highways and move everything by rail. Write Congress. Way too many semis crowding the highways and they are very very dangerous."Rails?" Are they serious?confused smiley

Comment two
trains get derailed all the time much too dangerous. i think we should use hot air balloons instead bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
September 06, 2012
From the comments -

We need to get these semis off the highways and move everything by rail. Write Congress. Way too many semis crowding the highways and they are very very dangerous.

smile rolling left righteyes2 Congress is too busy arguing about legitimate rape.

trains get derailed all the time much too dangerous. i think we should use hot air balloons instead.

Good thinking! grinning smiley

Moving on to an Old Time Bonehead who has written a veritable treatise on transportation so I'll only quote the choice bits ~

Many school bus drivers are under-qualified, some are elderly with compromised reaction times too, and the notion that trains can haul every human consumer product only works in highly-centralized, high population-density urban areas, which are connected by rail to huge centralized factories, giant centralized warehouses, and even to centralized farm production and to raw materials mines too. Moreover, how will we grow enough food and transport it all by rail? This isn't the 1940s any longer, we are way past that point now.

You can tell this person is not overly familiar with urban areas. "Centralized" factories and warehouses? He does not know what a "rail spur" is. And in case others don't know what this is either - I will tell you, because it's just so fascinating and I know you're dying to know ~

Your place of business can have it's own rail spur, which is essentially a drive way for train cars. Lots of places have them, esp in urban and or industrial areas. And the trains stop. Often. Yes they can stop them. (Provided they're moving slow to begin with). You know someone's getting a delivery when the train starts to -slow way down-. They're going to let cars off. And there might be several in close proximity - and you'll be sitting there at the train crossing for awhile. Some of these god damned trains stop more often than a fucking Fed Ex truck!

My own feeling says that there would be a lot of better places to drop school kids than having to block high-speed rural 2-lane highways to do so, and that a simple gravel pull-off wide-enough to handle a school bus would make loading or unloading school kids on high-speed rural 2-lane truck routes a whole lot safer, which very well might save some precious lives too.

Well, you might have half a good idea here Sparky. I am not entirely sure and not overly familiar with such roads. However - the bus would still be stopping, which is in and of itself dangerous.

Moving on to another well intentioned idjit - this one calling itself "Okeeboy"

Seems like everyday now there is a tragic story involving children.

Hey - didn't I see you in Muskogee one time? You're just noticing this now? Evidently you cannot make simple comparisons Einstein - because there's around 7 Billion people on Earth - and only 365 days per annum. It stands to reason that there's several mufucking *busloads* of
*children* getting tragedized EVERY day. Adults too.

Looking for a few last choice bits I now notice that the Nebraskans are arguing over what Podunk town is where or who exactly is favored by He Who Walks Behind The Rows, or something -

Here's another Good Ol Boy who 'almost' seems to grasp the concept of a rail spur - yet he seems to believe them to be as rare and elusive as a UFO landing pad ~

HEY Marilee, Are you STUPID as you sound? I bet your local Walmart or dollar general or grocery store has a rr siding next to it.I*f not products have to be brought to your store that takes TRUCKS, or do you want to go to your nearest RR station find the boxcar that might have your groceries in it .I'm sure you don't mind wait5ing 2 weeks foryour freshly picked produce or meat to be delivered.

Use some sense lady,everything you eat,wear drive,or live in was brought by a TRUCK!!!

smile rolling left righteyes2 Jesus Christ. Calm yourself down there Cletus.

The comments keep rolling on, now someone's blaming Obama. It's a veritable gold mine! I don't mean to poke any fun - I do feel really bad that all that hay burst into flames.
September 06, 2012
We have rail spurs all over the place here. Thankfully many are no longer in use in favor of trucks, but it's still a pain to be in a rush and see that train slowing down.

My own feeling says that there would be a lot of better places to drop school kids than having to block high-speed rural 2-lane highways to do so, and that a simple gravel pull-off wide-enough to handle a school bus would make loading or unloading school kids on high-speed rural 2-lane truck routes a whole lot safer, which very well might save some precious lives too.

Yeah, and we could call this new novel idea a bus stop. But then the kids won't get door to door service and will actually have to walk more than 50 feet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
September 06, 2012
You know how there's a big push now to help unemployed military veterans? I say we hire the biggest, baddest and toughest and put them on school buses nationwide as monitors, instead of helpless matronly old ladies. Let the little bastards learn to sit down and shut up during their taxpayer funded lifts to and from work, or face the consequences.

Voila. Fewer distracted bus drivers and schoolbus bullies.
September 07, 2012
I was ridin' on a Devil Bus
Didn't know it was a Devil Bus
Oh, lord, it really brings me down
About that Devil Bus

All my friends were retarded
Didn't know they were retarded
Turns out I was retarded myself
On that Devil Bus

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login