Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Halloween

Posted by Theresa 
Anonymous User
Re: Halloween
October 31, 2006
I hope handing out that dental floss doesn't get you arrested for child endangerment. Remember, this is a generation of kids who are too fragile to play in gravel, touch anything that isn't sprayed and swiped with Lysol disinfectant or play tag - they might end up strangling themselves with the floss! Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and their parents will just sue you for practicing dentistry without a license.
Anonymous User
October 31, 2006
I'll be handing out candy tonight. I did it last year and actually didn't get too many bell ringers. It's going to get colder and windier tonight here, so we might not get too many takers because of the weather.
Faust
October 31, 2006
No trick or treaters here tonight in NW England. Not a knock on the door all night.
Anonymous User
October 31, 2006
Halloweenis really starting to take off here in Australia big time.We had several knocks at he door last night. I gave em cans of diet coke! ( thats all I had to give them!) We dont keep junk food in our house smiling smiley
October 31, 2006
Not much action here tonight. It's cold and rainy. Very depressing, as I love Halloween!
Anonymous User
November 01, 2006
Good suggestion about dinner, WaterLily. Most restaurants, my guess is, are empty because everyone's either out ToTing or handing out candy. I work in a cafe and we were expecting to be dead last night because of it. (We weren't dead, but prolly more so than usual, and the dinner people started coming in earlier, I assume so they can be home in time for ToTing. Unfortunately, I hadn't planned on that and thought we'd have no one in until our regular dinnertime so I was on the phone with someone about a job I applied for at the time people started showing up, so I had to tell her I had to go and call her back today [and then didn't reach her]. Yep, I'm guessing I can just kiss THAT job goodbye...)

I dunno. I realize that I did my share of ToTing as a kid, but for some reason it just annoys the hell out of me now and I don't want to hand out candy. We did have a bowl of it at the cafe in case anyone came in (had a few kids but not many)...and those of us who worked there prolly ate more of it than the ToTers did. smiling smiley My mom said we got two at our house, which is more than we got last year (we live out in the middle of nowhere).

I love Halloween, but not because of ToTing kids. Unfortunately, most of society seems to forget that Halloween is not just a kids' holiday, so it seems like one can't have any Halloween fun (at least not in public events) without it being kid-oriented.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login