Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feeling a bit smug

Posted by randomcfchick 
Feeling a bit smug
December 11, 2012
Figured y'all would appreciate this...

Just read a thingy on FB posted by someone I knew in college...she has three kids (at least she adopted, I can say that much), all under age 5. She put up a status update that said "You hear that? That's the sound of three kids sleeping!!"

All I could think was "Ha, that's the sound at my house whenever the hell I want!".

Yep, made the right choice for me!
Re: Feeling a bit smug
December 11, 2012
I'd rather have a house full of un-spayed cats in heat for a solid month than to be exposed to the constant screech, wailing,kid noise and chatter, shitty diapers, whining, and messes of children for a day.shrug

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 12, 2012
I agree with Kim!
Anonymous User
December 12, 2012
Count me in for agreement with Kim, and I honestly cannot stand cats AND I'm allergic to them.
December 13, 2012
kidlesskim
I'd rather have a house full of un-spayed cats in heat for a solid month than to be exposed to the constant screech, wailing,kid noise and chatter, shitty diapers, whining, and messes of children for a day.shrug

Yup. Especially kids under age five. That's got to be the worst age range EVER.

If I were a secret agent, and got captured by the enemy, all they'd have to do is throw me in a house with multiple kids below school-age. I'd crack and tell them EVERYTHING.
December 15, 2012
I feel smug about this shit all the damn time. I once wrote a post about my friends who knocked up his girlfriend. Yeah, he`s basically a single father (shes trash). Even just recently my boyfriend jumps on me about not giving him credit for doing a good job parenting. I said that i haven`t met his child yet. I also said that he MIGHT be a good parent because he`s selling all of his belongings to pay for the loaf instead of immediately going on welfare. But regardless of what that situation has for him, I know that I`m going to be sitting at home with my BF, because you know, a baby DIDN`T tear us apart. I`m still going to be plaving my xbox and doing whatever the hell I want because I dont have a kid attached to my ass... God I love being smart.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
December 15, 2012
Snark Shark
catharsist
I feel smug about this shit all the damn time. I once wrote a post about my friends who knocked up his girlfriend. Yeah, he`s basically a single father (shes trash). Even just recently my boyfriend jumps on me about not giving him credit for doing a good job parenting.

we won't know if he DID a good job parenting until that kyd is 18 or so.

and as chris rock said, "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF YER KYDS! WHAT DO YOU WANT, A COOKIE?"

I always thought good parenting was "KEEPING THE GIRL OFF THE POLE". Lol! The title of good parent doesnt come freely from me. If you wish to dabble in creating new life, then my opinions of your actions will be harsher. Its a tradeoff. If you want to play God, then you better be holy. LOL!
December 16, 2012
catharsist
I feel smug about this shit all the damn time. I once wrote a post about my friends who knocked up his girlfriend. Yeah, he`s basically a single father (shes trash). Even just recently my boyfriend jumps on me about not giving him credit for doing a good job parenting. I said that i haven`t met his child yet. I also said that he MIGHT be a good parent because he`s selling all of his belongings to pay for the loaf instead of immediately going on welfare. But regardless of what that situation has for him, I know that I`m going to be sitting at home with my BF, because you know, a baby DIDN`T tear us apart. I`m still going to be plaving my xbox and doing whatever the hell I want because I dont have a kid attached to my ass... God I love being smart.

Me, I was smart and have a computer pasted to my fingers rather than a kid to my ass.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 16, 2012
It's funny, I was thinking about the whole "dumb versus smart" thing the other day when I was thinking about my grandmother. She's been dead a long time,, but I still remember her nasty tongue. These little pussified kids you see today would have wilted with a grandparent like her...I remember her calling me "dummy" or "stupid" when I did absolutely nothing to deserve it, like when something random happened to me that definitely was not my fault. I can remember being 8 or 9 and crying and saying "I am not a dummy!"

I can't think of a "dummy" example right now but she was definitely verbally abusive in terms of my appearance. One day I asked her if she wanted to go to the mall with me because she didn't drive. I was about 17 and I was wearing a red shirt and a denim skirt and hurache sandles. The shirt was a button-front shirt and it had sleeves. The skirt was just above the knees. The point is, I never was a trashy dresser and it was a respectable outfit. I never wore tight stuff even though I was 5'7" 115 pounds and I would kill to have the body I had then. I was also blond-blue and pretty damned gorgeous but I didn't know it because I grew up hearing how my sister was so much x, y, z than I was.

Anyway, my grandmother went off about how trashy I looked and this was an upscale mall and my outfit wasn't proper for a mall like that. (Isn't this story rather endearing when you think of teens running around with their cracks showing. And yes, I'm over 50.)

I remember asking my mom what was wrong with my outfit and she said "that's just the way your grandmother is." My mom was always afraid of her.

I think of my grandmother occasionally and think, "who is the dummy now?" because the singularly most smart decision I ever made was not having a kid I didn't want. I know my mom was frustrated by young children. My grandmother was definitely someone who shouldn't have had kids--she projected all her petty miseries onto other people. She had a child because it was "what you were supposed to do" and my mom and all of us paid the price.

God I love being smart.

That sums it up nicely.
December 16, 2012
Anytime I think about the people I went to high school with I always feel a little bit smug. The head cheerleader isn't so pretty anymore. The popular guy now looks like death warmed over. I was the awkward dork they enjoyed making fun of. I feel smug knowing I'm not miserable and that my life doesn't suck like theirs do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login