Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slate: What's it like to be an adult without kids

Posted by Dorisan 
Slate: What's it like to be an adult without kids
December 31, 2012
*Meh* article, followed by the ubiquitous breeder babble rebuttal. Fairly lively comments afterward.

What makes the article different is that it is written by someone over 60. However, I guess it doesn't matter how many decades some CFs have under their belt, they still trot out the same "I had the chance to travel, build a healthy retirement .....blah blah" and she is the standard adoring aunt.

I suppose that no editor would ever allow such an article under their banner, but I wish a writer/blogger would be published with what is the truth for a lot of CFs: I don't like kids. They bore me. Parenthood is just a big yawning fail to many of us.
Yeah, this article was a yawn.
What’s it like to be an adult without kids?

It’s cheaper and more fun, and you have more freedom.
Re: Slate: What's it like to be an adult without kids
December 31, 2012
Oh ho, did you read the rebuttal from this asshole, Neil Sanford, amateur writer?

...then it dawns on you, your purpose in life: It's love. A life without love is a life without purpose and completely meaningless. And I'm not talking about the kind of love you feel for your soul mate. That love is not invincible. I'm talking about unconditional love. The kind of love only children have to give and would die inside without it. I swear my house and everything inside it could burn to black ash, and I wouldn't shed a single tear. I think at best I would shrug my shoulders and mutter "oh well, gotta find a hotel."...I could throw it all away and get it back again. Big whoop.

Family is everything, and it's time long overdue I started one of my own.

Og Dickwerks doesn't even HAVE a kid, yet he's spouting off this nonsense!!!! Well, how about it, ladies of Bratfree? Clearly he's in need of a viable sperm receptacle. I swear, if guys like these could jerk off into a sock for nine months to grow a baby, they would. And they'd probably treat the sock better than any wife.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
December 31, 2012
Miss_Hannigan
Oh ho, did you read the rebuttal from this asshole, Neil Sanford, amateur writer?

He is repeating so many societal brainwashing points that he probably doesn't even need to be conscious to do it. It is disturbing to see mindlessness up close.

He is talking about love that kids give. I swear breeders think of children as dispensers of love and affection. Hostage ones, at that, because they can't get away. It is just too strange.
December 31, 2012
Guess what Neil? I love my husband a million times more than i love my parents. Stockholm syndrome is NOT unconditional love, you idiot.
December 31, 2012
sky valley
Guess what Neil? I love my husband a million times more than i love my parents. Stockholm syndrome is NOT unconditional love, you idiot.

Same here, and the ugly truth is this:

I'd sooner care for an aging, disabled spouse rather than my parents.
December 31, 2012
selidororous
sky valley

Same here, and the ugly truth is this:

I'd sooner care for an aging, disabled spouse rather than my parents.

Yep, I agree! And on what it is like to be an adult without kids? Fucking wonderful drinking coffee :sx thumbs upwink
January 01, 2013
Miss_Hannigan
I'm talking about unconditional love. The kind of love only children have to give and would die inside without it.

Utter bollocks. I don't even remember my father. My stepdad, who raised me since I was three, I haven't spoken to in years. I feel... pretty much nothing for either of these men. Some anger at my stepdad due to abuse, but even then I hardly think of him.

My mum is nice enough, but I wouldn't really say I love her more than a friend.

One grandma and one uncle are my only other family I keep in touch with and I'd be elated if an excuse came up to never speak to them again, it's only politeness and unwillingness to hurt someone's feelings that is keeping me in contact.
I turned down my half sibling's attempts to talk to me.

Unconditional love? I don't hate them, that's about the best I can say. And I'm not dead inside, although convincing a breeder of that is a lost cause.

The biggest amount of love I got from baby to teenager was not from my parents. It was from my uncle who did not have kids yet. And he kept giving me his ear and heart after having one child. His wife was more maternal to me than my own mom. Another childless aunt is still my "cheering squad". My gay cousins saw my decline in status after golden boy brother was born. They pitched in to give me attention and unconditional love and acceptance. Yes I am lucky to have my family, not immediate, but extended.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login