Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CondomLance! Dial 69-11?

Posted by thom_c 
CondomLance! Dial 69-11?
January 08, 2013
http://www.ems1.com/ems-oddities/articles/1376633-Condom-ambulance-promises-to-deliver-students-on-call-condoms/

'Condom ambulance' promises to deliver students on-call condoms
The service's creator made the service to make sure students were always prepared for safe sex

By EMS1 Staff

EWING TOWNSHIP, N.J. — A condom delivery service has coined it the "CondAm," or Condom Ambulance.

College of New Jersey sophomore Kyle McCabe, who launched the service, promises to deliver university students at the College condoms within five minutes of placing an order.

According to Salon, the CondAm charges $3 for one condom and up to $15 for 10. Students can text, call, or use a mobile app to pay for the service, which will have someone discretely sliding the prophylactics under the customer's door.

McCabe said he wanted to make sure that people were always ready, rather than rush into sex and make a bad decision.

Maybe the college should put them in dorm rooms before students move in. I wish our landlord had put them in the apartment next door to me, although I am sure the humping around couple in there would have to buy a lot more since they lived there.
Re: CondomLance! Dial 69-11?
January 08, 2013
Awhile ago, at my college I joined the condom club. We payed 5 bucks, and got a sack of 50 random condoms and would distribute them to anyone who asked. Flavored, unflavored, some for biggun's, viennas, and monsters. I wasnt sexually active (still am not) but I felt happy doing it. I might sign up again. I think my membership expired so I would have to take the test again. You also had to be able to instruct people on how to use them correctly, which I am a master at. Lol! I remember at the end of the quarter I had like.. 20 left. I didnt need them (obviously) soI blew them up, let them float around my dorm room and when the floor was successfully coated with lube... I played slip n' slide. Come on, I was 18. And it was funny as fuck watching my old roommate slip around the floor. I had fun.. grinning smiley

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
January 08, 2013
Well, I suppose that's one way to encourage condom use. Expensive, though. Plan ahead, buy a bunch online. I appreciate that he wants people to be "ready". But "ready" involves planning, ideally.

When I was in college, HIV was still a death sentence and the anti-retroviral cocktails were still a few years off. So the general goal seemed to be to pelt college students with condoms and information on how to use them correctly...definitely something I support. I spent my share of time as the "condom fairy", and usually had some around (even before I was sexually active).

Condoms were also available for free from the RA's on every dorm floor (often they'd just leave them in a basket outside their door in case people were shy about it), as well as at the health center. Of course, you had to hope that they had a brand you liked...I never opted for theirs.

Catharsist, the bit about coating the floor with lube via condom balloons is hilarious.
Anonymous User
January 08, 2013
Love this. Yes, expensive, and yes, better planning is ideal, but there's nothing like some spur-of-the-moment sex when you're young, and even though I have been Ms. Sex Ed since I was in high school, there have been one or two occasions where I got caught without a condom. It happens.

I didn't engage in any risky activities obviously, but in that moment, I would have paid 5 bucks to get back to it! grinning smiley
January 08, 2013
This guy is well meaning but the idea of a condom ambulance is still funny as hell.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login