Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PMYABP - my edition!

Posted by brown-eyed diamond 
PMYABP - my edition!
January 10, 2013
This is more of a rant than anything. I'm just so angry right now.

My grandfather, who's my legal guardian, is probably one of most, superficial, shallow, materialistic fuckminded simpletons on the planet. He worries more about looks and other people's opinions than me. It doesn't matter what I think of myself. Everyone else's does.

My hair is short. He has a problem with this. Personally, even though I do want it to grow a little bit, I like it being short! He wants me to get either braids or hair weave/extension and I don't like either, so I said no. Why he is obsessed with my appearance is beyond me, but I'm on my last nerve with him. It's not like my hair is a mess. It is neat. It's just not super-long like he apparently wants.

He also throws out anything if it gets even a little tear or hole. Now, I understand not wearing worn-out shoes or clothes, but I'd rather patch or sew it back up first. Over the past three months, he's gotten me three pairs of boots (that I didn't ask for) because the last pair was supposedly worn out. They weren't worn out, but if I wear a certain pair of shoes everyday, what the hell does he think will happen?! Of course, they won't stay in perfect condition! It's a waste of money. Granted, it's his money, but it's still wasteful and unnecessary.

He's fine with me doing anything as long as he approves of it. Yet, at the same time, he can't fathom why I can't wait to get out of here (I'm sticking it out until mid-June). My own father doesn't speak to him because he's a control freak and I don't blame him one bit. He's mad at me because I couldn't care less and would rather worry about other things instead be in a hair salon every week. Or because I can actually think for myself.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
Re: PMYABP - my edition!
January 10, 2013
Seems like a shitty situation, Diamond. I hear you, my grandad was a dick, too, and a controlling one at that :\
When will you be your own person?

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
January 10, 2013
When I leave for college in September

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

January 10, 2013
This dude is crazy. I have never heard of a man making such a fuss about female's hair. And an older man at that! You would think he had more important things to think about!
January 11, 2013
Snark Shark, that really gets so tempting, I tell ya.

----------

Anonymous User
January 13, 2013
Only problem, if you shaved your head he'd buy you a long hair wig. Then he could choose hair style color and everything to attempt to force on you.

I had controlling grandparents luckily they weren't my guardians, I consider them dead to me, one is now actually dead though, I never speak to the other, avoid her at all costs.(I've sat in the car unable to eat/go to the bathroom for 10hrs while my parents visited her and I was forced to go. She tried coming out to the vehicle, I locked the doors and wouldn't unlock them till she was gone.) I hate her guts, she's tried to force religion on me every opportunity she got, she still sends me religious cards for Christmas etc, she got my dad's brother to beat up my dad because we had to leave her place earlier than she wanted, and she sent me a letter saying I was a failure and was useless etc because I dropped out of school to due physical/mental health issues(severe depression, concussion, chronic fatigue/pain, fractured ribs etc) and that I deserved nothing for graduating(I had enough credits the previous year aside my English exam with I did when I left school etc)....sorry for the never ending sentence. That grandma is one of the religious breederific crazies, she had 6 kids, didn't believe in birth control, although her doctor forced her to use it as having another child would've most likely killed her.

Soon as you're able to cut him out of your life the better. I hope he doesn't stress you out too much.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login