Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Suburban Hell?

Posted by lisbeth 
Suburban Hell?
February 02, 2013
Went to S M A S H B U R G E R today for lunch. This is a new location out in a suburban hell near Houston. I looked up and noticed these GIANT pictures on the walls. Both of the giant wall hangings in this location had Little Kids Eating Hamburgers as the subjects. To tell you the truth, I was kind of disgusted by it.

Is this a normal marketing procedure everywhere? Or are they just trying pull in the Suburban Breeder population?

Gah! :eyebrows

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
indecision may or may not be my problem

Anonymous User
Re: Suburban Hell?
February 02, 2013
That's the before picture,
this is a couple years later

Then an adult photo(he's not that overweight but it's the best photo I could find quick)

They just forgot to add the rest. I've seen kids as fat as in the first photo, who were only 5yo and they showed off about it etc. Eating fast food is fine, but kids don't understand moderation.

Those kinds of posters are why I don't eat in restaurants of any kind if possible. They're a good way to make me lose my appetite. I hate how they always ask if they can donate my change to some children's charity if i eat in and all the so-and-so restaurant supports so-and-so children's sports team photos etc on the walls. And the play pens with screeching feral brats, and the nasty messes they leave behind....
On another note, the other day I had a doc appt and her office had such a strong baby smell I was about to pass out/puke I was so nauseated.
Anonymous User
February 02, 2013
There's one local pizza shop around here that was named after the owner's daughter. It's main decoration? Pictures of the kid. I don't eat there if I can help it.
Anonymous User
February 02, 2013
This seems to be a trend. I have seen local ads for furnace and landscaping businesses with the owners kid prominently displayed in the ad. WTF? As if I would base my decision on a major home purchase on the presence of your kids ugly mug. Oh yeah, that's right, I did - I decided NOT to give you business!
February 02, 2013
*eww*

I was kinda liking the decor: spare, clean, non-frilly. It projects an image that says "this is not a place where it is acceptable to drop, smear or otherwise act piglike while eating." Then they display art(?) that depicts the exact kind of customer base that would do that?

Very incongruous.
February 02, 2013
lisbeth
Went to S M A S H B U R G E R today for lunch. This is a new location out in a suburban hell near Houston. I looked up and noticed these GIANT pictures on the walls. Both of the giant wall hangings in this location had Little Kids Eating Hamburgers as the subjects. To tell you the truth, I was kind of disgusted by it.

Is this a normal marketing procedure everywhere? Or are they just trying pull in the Suburban Breeder population?

Gah! :eyebrows

It's the breeder's idea of cyuuute. "Oooohhhhh looookiiiieeee at the aydoooorraaabllleeee baaabbbieee kyuuudiiiieees!"

*Goes to bathroom and barfs up dinner.*

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
February 03, 2013
foxtail
There's one local pizza shop around here that was named after the owner's daughter. It's main decoration? Pictures of the kid. I don't eat there if I can help it.

Get this - I am a biz person and mostly a paper pusher. Technical stuff. I did more specific engineering work, and sales of such, in the past. I had occasion to do biz once with these people - it was a 'family owned' business. Small to mid sized mfg. concern.

All these things employ advertising, too. And models. Such as the person who's holding up Gadget A or Gear B or what have you.

For trade magazines, company literature, press releases, etc.

So these people I'm thinking of - they had the Daughter in such ads - and it was ~

Yeah. I had work hard to keep a straight face.

She wasn't bad looking, but she wasn't that great, either. Bear in mind that this sort of advertising does take the 'b and c grade' to begin with - and this girl was - well - if she wasn't 'The Daughter' - it wouldn't have happened. No modeling agency would've picked her for even the b grade work.

Gets worse - because when I came upon this woman / these people - she was older, heavier, and uglier - and she asked me to "guess who that is"?

Erg. But I did BS my way through that one alright! Is it you? Wow, how great! You're very photogenic! Nice job!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login