Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Why do you think I don't want any children?"

Posted by brown-eyed diamond 
"Why do you think I don't want any children?"
February 06, 2013
This was said by my clinician when we were talking today and I jokingly said she's been working too long if she's seen some of the things she's told me about (seriously; this lady has some horror stories). She said, "Why do you think I don't want any children? I've seen too much."

I actually didn't understand what she meant at first, but thinking about it now, I'm guessing she meant when she works a job that has her dealing with people with so many issues, the last thing she wants to come home to are needy, whining kids every day. Come to think of it, she worked in a psychiatric hospital for six years. I wonder if that's why she left.

ETA: Oh, I remember how this came up! I was telling her about how I've been more stress than usual at home because my grandfather has been irking my nerves and we've been arguing (or rather, him yelling at me and me barely responding). I didn't specify how I was stressed yet and she asked me if he was sexually abusing me. I was surprised and told her no and asked her why she would assume that and that's how we got into the "you've seen too much" talk.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login