Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

9 Things I Am Not Looking Forward To As My Kids Get Older

Posted by Anonymous User 
http://www.babble.com/kid/9-things-i-am-not-looking-forward-to-as-my-kids-get-older/

Some of the things the author of this article is not looking forward to:

Perfumes/Body Sprays

I am not a fan of strong scents — good or bad. Teenagers that I am in contact with seem to love over-spraying. I am not looking forward to both the conversation that they need deodorant and the one that they're using too much.

The Phone Bill

Going to be different now than it was when I was growing up, but either way the phone bill is going to get expensive. At least we don't have to pay per text with our phone plans...

PMS x 3

With a house of three girls, it's going to get interesting once they all start PMS-ing. Hopefully it won't get too uncomfortable around here.

Articles like this make it pretty clear that when people say they want to have kids, they definitely don't have the teenage years in mind.

(And I swear, if anyone ever asks me why I'm not going to have kids I'm going to say, "Because they turn into teenagers.")
Re: 9 Things I Am Not Looking Forward To As My Kids Get Older
April 06, 2013
Duh should look at the horror movie "13".

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
t.
Duh should look at the horror movie "13".

The first time I saw that hot mess was after I got my tubes tied. Had I seen it before, I'm pretty sure my tubes would have tied themselves.

My tits and ass with soul, baby!
April 06, 2013
If that's all the AW is worried about, she's got another thing coming! face saying 'error'r
April 07, 2013
My parents were glad when my brother and I grew up. I'm clueless on why some moos don't want Bratleigh to grow up, Shouldn't the goal of parenting be to raise a productive member of society?

:BS on the homework. I never needed my parents' help with any homework except for quizzing me on my spelling.
:BS on the cell phone. We have a landline. If you want a cellphone that bad, buy it with your paper route money waving hellolarious
Teen angst due to undiagnosised bipolar.
:BS on the dating because guys at my school sucked and I'm asexual anyways.
shy lurker
My parents were glad when my brother and I grew up. I'm clueless on why some moos don't want Bratleigh to grow up, Shouldn't the goal of parenting be to raise a productive member of society?

Yes, but that would also mean Bratleigh eventually becomes independent and capable of thinking and doing things for himself. And we can't have any chance of that happening because then who would be around to make moo feel needed and like she's worth something?

This is how it was with my own mother. She hated when I started wanting to pick out my own clothes, do my own hair, etc. On the flip side, she'd complain about me being unable to cook or iron. So she hated me being able to do things for myself, but also when I couldn't do things for everybody.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login