Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Comment to: A tale of two couples

Posted by Guest 
Comment to: A tale of two couples
November 25, 2005
Good for you! I don't blame you wanting to be financial stable. My DH and I do not want stupid kids because of the waste of money it would be (among other reasons). I cannot imagine all the garbage spent on a stupid kid items (diapers, formulas, clothes because they grow so much, toys, and other crappy accessories, etc...) We cannot afford a mortgage, but our investment is in travelling. We much rather spend our money on seeing the world, then on saving for future college expesnes, buying a car for the kid and possibly supporting the kid even past 18 years, etc ! PUKE!!!!! Our goal is to go to one different place a year for our anniversary, as well as have an additional vacation each year. We would never, ever be able to travel if we had a kid! I have heard comments like, "when you are done travelling, you can have a baby." My reply is, our travelling will never be over and we will always be travelling!" Or, "you can still travel, but go to Disney World." How fun is going to Disney World, a place filled with brats! Or, "You can travel with the kids." Travelling with kids would never be taking a vacation and we would probably take more road trips, if we can afford it. So, kudos to all of us CF folks who don't want to spend money on crappy bany junk and we are using our money on bigger and better things like mortgage, travelling, plasma TV, etc....
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.