Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1951 - Only healthy, white, american babies need apply

Posted by Feh 
1951 - Only healthy, white, american babies need apply
October 30, 2006
Oh boo fucking hoo...
Welcome to the real world where people make judgements and assumptions based on your decisions, Sunshine, imagine if you had made a very public decision to be child free. To quote..

"I just would like to avoid being the object of unsolicited and usually uninformed adoption comments for a while. For some reason, EVERYONE has their own opinions about adoption and, despite the fact that most people in the general public are fairly ignorant concerning adoption issues, they still for some reason feel entitled to share their opinions with me"
Hmmm..replace the word "adoption" with "being child free" and we all probably have had the same experience 10 times over. I wonder how many times she's expressed her ignorant opinion to someone who said they didn't want children, ever.

" It's the same motivation that anyone has for having children. They just want to have a family."
Oh yeah, I forgot, only married, heterosexual people with children are a family. People without children, not a family.

"I am childless at this point and have no experience whatsoever with parenting."
Um, Do you have no parents of your own? Were you raised from birth in a cage, in a lab, with a wire mother? Have you never spoken with or observed parents? Maybe you should speak with some parents, about parenting, and maybe even work with children before you just succumb to your biological urges to be a parent, you thoughtless boob.

"No human gets a vote or the right to judge why or how I adopt except my husband, the adoption agency personnel, and the parent(s) who make an adoption plan for their baby who choose us to raise the child..." Actually, every human gets to judge you, because when you choose to raise a child, how you do that will impact many, many other humans beyond your family. It's what humans do, and if you're too sensitive to accept that, then maybe you shouldn't post your personal life on the internets, or go around playing the miscarriage martyr to everyone you interact with.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Re: 1951 - Only healthy, white, american babies need apply
October 30, 2006
Her inability to procreate has screwed her brain over. Ignorance must be bliss.

lab mom
Feh, I tried to get to the site to read the article but my system never made it.

Yeah, most pro-life people only want those white babies which is why they are angry that mostly Caucasions abort. I've heard these @sses say how abortions reduce the adoption pool for white infants. How dare anyone state that a woman's body is to be used for harvest for a fair-skinned newborn for adoption purposes?

Asians are the next best thing for twitching yuppies wanting to buy a baby. Only the celebs are going to Africa for babies and children as it is a new social and fashion trend to have one as an accessory while the nannies get to take care of the kids.
So she wants to be able to blab her "good news" all over town, but only hear people's opinions if they think she's such a dear for opening up her heart and home to a poor HWB? When you tell people things, you have to know they'll have an opinion - if you can't take the bad with the good, you should just do what you want to do without trying to make a big display of it.

Another thing that bothers me is the way she expresses her disdain of the negative commenters [people who don't tell her what she wants to hear] regarding the way many of them seem to be implying that adoption is "second best"... Um, maybe I'm reading things wrong here, but to me it seems pretty clear that - even if she refuses to openly admit it - her actions show that she feels the same way. How else can you explain forcing half a dozen pregnancies on a body that clearly wasn't meant to support them?
Re: 1951 - Only healthy, white, american babies need apply
October 31, 2006
She is just pissed off bc don't ya know, she wasn't able to have her fucktrophy.

lab mom
Am I missing something here? Some of the threads here seem to be replies to other posts rather than standalone threads, it's almost like the thread got cut off halfway and I'm only seeing the bottom half?
Hi Kat...

Our site consists of two parts...the Rant Room, which is the front page of this site, at http://www.bratfree.com. This is where people can just post rants and stuff, and there are no responses to rants on this part of the site.

The second part of this site is what you're looking at now...the Message Board. This is where we discuss rants in the Rant Room, as well as start other CF-related threads.

Posts on the Message Board that have a number in their title, such as this one (#1951), refer to that # post on the Rant Room.

This was the way that Turtle, who ran a CF page for a long time, did it, and this site was set up shortly after Turtle shut his site down. BratFreeGirl liked the setup so she set it up the same way.

I usually like to keep the Rant Room and the Message Board open in two separate tabs in Firefox, so I can easily switch back and forth.

Hope this clears things up a bit!
AHA. That makes more sense now (I was wondering what the numbers were too).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login