Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another example of how the childfree get the short end at work...

Posted by Anonymous User 
I had a client recently request that I review some of their employee policies. They wanted to include a provision that said something to the effect that during the summer months they would give priority to vacation requests coming from employees who had children. Even if it meant bumping an employee without children who had already had their vacation time approved, even if they already paid for their airfare and vacation (or whatever).

Because, you know, why would a childfree person ever want to take vacation in July or August? And of course, why not punish the childree person who requested vacation approval months in advance and planned for the same, as we all know the school summer break changes every single year and parents are caught by surprise when it comes in July and August! sarcastic clapping
Please say it wasn't approved.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
brown-eyed diamond

Oh, dog, no. I gave him about 3 actualy legal reasons why it was a very bad idea and could land them into some hot water. The childfree are not considered a protected "family status" here, but there are other reasons why that would be a bad idea. I did manage to refrain from giving him all my personal reasons why that was a VERY BAD THING TO DO!
When I was seeing my ex (not yet in the relationship stage), my manager looked pointedly at me and said 'single people whould be pleased to do overtime - they've got nothing to go home to'.

I emailed my ex pissing myself laughing and he replied 'nope, married people should be pleased to do overtime - they know what they've got to go home to!'

Single and childfree people always get fucked over at work. I book my holidays about a year in advance - usually before the next year's calendar is even up. I email people with the details so that when the calendar goes up, they won't forget. If more parunts did this, then they wouldn't have to get all upset when the school holidays are taken.
Re: Another example of how the childfree get the short end at work...
June 12, 2013
Most parents don't try to schedule time off around school vacations, anyway. As a teacher, I get at least twenty school work requests every year from kids who are going to be missing school for a week or two to go on vacation in the middle of the busy school year. It's nothing for a kid to take a week in Feb. to go to Disney, or to miss a few weeks in late Sept. for a trip to the beach. Parents schedule vacations on THEIR time. Fuck school. And can you guess how many kids actually DO the assignments I painstakingly put together for them? About 1 in twenty! My first year of teaching, I was told that a kid was going to miss the last two weeks of school, but i was to put his work in a folder and leave it in the guidance office. He was to come in over the summer and do it. I added my folder with the others in a stack. Came back to school in the fall to see an untouched, dusty stack exactly where we'd left it in the guidance office.
June 12, 2013
gymrat
It's nothing for a kid to take a week in Feb. to go to Disney, or to miss a few weeks in late Sept. for a trip to the beach. Parents schedule vacations on THEIR time. Fuck school.

Because of course hypocritical breeders want to avoid the summertime crowds (and higher prices). This sends such a bad message to the kids, that school is not a priority. The school year is already too short, and these idiot breeders don't help matters any by pulling their kids out of school for frivolous reasons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
If any breeder was ever told they didn't need that middle of the year vacation because "they had kids in school" it would start a war. Yet the CF are told to cancel plans they made MONTHS in advance on account of some worthless cunt wanting to fuck up visitation. If I think about crap like this for too long it leaves me royally pissed off.
chahu
my manager looked pointedly at me and said 'single people whould be pleased to do overtime - they've got nothing to go home to'.

My ex GM, fucking breeder/ breeder pleaser extraordinaire, pulled some similar bullshit with me once. I decided to request a weekend off of work, my first R/O in literally 6 months, and she looked at me and said, "You don't have kids, you shouldn't need weekends off at all!" Well punch me in the mouth, and call me toothless I thought not having kids would be the reason I should R/O weekends all of the time!

The funny thing is, the girls who R/O on every single weekend were moombies who only wanted the time off so they could go get shitfaced on Friday, and Saturday nights, and not have to drag their still shitfaced asses back into work on an early weekend morning. But yeah, they were sooooo doing it to spend time wiff dee baybeez.

Breeder managers suck balls! Grrrrrr!
In the UK parents are not allowed to take their kids out of school for holidays anymore. The Educations Sector got sick of kids not going to school at the beginning and ends of each term, so parunts get in trouble now.
June 13, 2013
It is clear cut discrimination to not allow the childed time off, to fire them due to kid related leave such as illness, or to not hire or promote them for anything related to family status including pregnancy or even adoption. Therefore, it should be discrimination to.grant special concessions, privileges, or anything else not afforded to other employees due to their famblee status, whatever it might be. Discrimination works both ways, but it seems those who are on the receiving end of the preferred status rarely see it that way, which is historically the very foundation of discrimination! We can use ANY race, gender, religious belief, etc......in centuries or decades past who have been discriminated against and see the same pattern materialize. The victims are different, but the formula is nearly always the same:

Basic Formula for Discrimination, as I perceive it:

1)The ones doing the discriminating are generally among the majority and the discriminated against are in the minority, with the exception of the very wealthy who discriminate against all others not in their tax bracket.Even then we still have the minority very poor discriminated against by everyone else in the majority.

2)The groups who do the discriminating feel entitled to special privileges via birth rite, circumstances, or simply due to whatever majority opinion is held at the time, which of course changes from time to time with a prime example being Unchilded women in the work place VS Moos.

3)The discriminators always have something to gain by discrimination against the minority be it better pay, crops getting harvested, property ownership, or preferential treatment in most any venue imaginable like promotions at places of employment, educational facilities and with students grants and loans, housing, vacation time at work, etc...............

the world 'fail' on flames

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 13, 2013
If parents in my district want to pull their kids out for a vacay in the middle of the year, they have to write a note explaining how the trip will be "educational." What a farce! There was a boy (just graduated) who took two weeks off every January to go on a big snowmobiling trip with his dad. How is THAT educational? Yet every year like clockwork, off he went. I have never in my 23 years of teaching ever heard of a kid's vacation request being denied.
chahu
In the UK parents are not allowed to take their kids out of school for holidays anymore. The Educations Sector got sick of kids not going to school at the beginning and ends of each term, so parunts get in trouble now.

Believe me, many parents still take kids out of school during term time if it suits them. Most breeders don't seem to care that they can now be fined or taken to court if the child misses too many days of schooling.

Education just isn't important to BNPs whose children only need to learn how to milk our generous benefits system and breed their own sprogs (no school can teach them that!)
cfaspielass
chahu

Believe me, many parents still take kids out of school during term time if it suits them. Most breeders don't seem to care that they can now be fined or taken to court if the child misses too many days of schooling.

Education just isn't important to BNPs whose children only need to learn how to milk our generous benefits system and breed their own sprogs (no school can teach them that!)

My British friend's mother is just like this. Couldn't care less about education and doesn't see the point in it. Luckily, my friend very much disagrees and has ambition.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
Breeders suck at planning ahead (obviously!!). It is such BS how the childfree are always having to pick up their slack, cancel OUR well-laid plans and kow-tow to them. I loathed working in one law office for this very reason. There were so many instances of my being discriminated against. All the staff were moos, boss man was a duh and a total wimp when it came to handling his staff and while I was there three of the women were inpig/gone on mat leave. I had to cancel a fully paid/booked 6 months in advance camping trip because one moo insisted that she just HAD to have that week off to take her Golden Penis all over for some damn baseball tournament thing. I. Was. PISSED.
My husband cleverly got out of a work assignment 6 months in China. He told his manager I have had brain cancer. And he wants to be able to get back home within 24 hours, if something happens to me. Or the dog, big senior at close to ten yrs. old. The manager's wife is getting treated for brain cancer. So the manager gave in to hubby's request to work only in the U.S. or Canada. He has done his part of working in third world countries for years before we met. And will be 64 in a few months.
June 13, 2013
I like the way this writer put it:

" "Family friendly" should be changed to "employee friendly". All employees should be given the same amount of flexibility to deal with personal or family issues that arise, whether they concern children, pets, partners, ailing parents or whatever."

http://childfreedom.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/value-in-workplace.html
June 13, 2013
ratherdive
brown-eyed diamond

Oh, dog, no. I gave him about 3 actualy legal reasons why it was a very bad idea and could land them into some hot water. The childfree are not considered a protected "family status" here, but there are other reasons why that would be a bad idea. I did manage to refrain from giving him all my personal reasons why that was a VERY BAD THING TO DO!

Thank you.

Actually, I do take my vacations outside of the "family friendly" months. The crowds tend to be more sparse and (ha ha ha) most touristy places tend to have cheaper, non-peak rates. However, limiting the availability of off-time should never be predicated on familial status. There would be a rootin' tootin' meltdown coming from me if my boss caused me to lose $$ because Moosalina decided that her little twatrocket would go to Disneyland when I had already made plans months in advance for my vacation.
For everything I don't like about my job, at least they're not trying to pull that kind of BS. The only thing that can bump someone from a vacation is FMLA leave. And we bid for vacation spots, and they're granted by senority.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login