Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Psychopath in the making!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Psychopath in the making!
June 13, 2013
I'm a member of another forum and I came across this thread about an aunty who is concerned about her sister and nephew. Here is her OP (its completely mental!)

I'm really worried about how my sister is coping with bringing up my nephew. I don't know what to do about it, if I'm honest.

I'll start by saying she adores him, she lives and breathes for him. His father isn't involved. He's 9 years old and they both live with my parents. I sleep at my parents house a couple of times a month so I've seen first hand what goes on.

She's a total pushover, she gives into his every whim to the point of it being unhealthy.

He cries over everything. If you ask him a question while he's watching telly, he'll cry cos you interrupted him. If you offer him food when he isn't hungry, he'll cry. He routinely ignores everyone in the house when they speak to him, and god forbid, they repeat the question, he loses it altogether and it turns into a fit of rage. If you look at him when he's having one of these moments, all hell breaks loose, to the point where my sister gave out to me earlier for looking at him because it made him go even crazier. My sister sees no issue with this.

If he's playing a game with his cousins and he loses, he cries. If he wants something they have and they won't give it, he cries. Sister then gives out to his cousins and because of that no one will play with him now.

He whatever and whenever he wants. He's never had a vegetable in his life. He has takeaway pizza every single night for dinner, no exaggeration. Its routine for him to eat 6 bags of crisps in one setting. His breakfast before school is a whole packet of jaffa cakes. His diet is appalling but once again, its her giving into him. He drinks fanta and coke all day long, will cry if offered water and won't drink milk either.

He still has a dummy and refuses to give it up. He also refuses to brush his teeth, sister doesn't make him so his mouth is literally deformed and his teeth are black.

He is also allowed to play 18+ games on the playstation, and has done since he was about 6. He plays Call of Duty, World of Warcraft and a few others I don't know the names of. He regularly threatens to blow people up if they do something he doesn't like and I think its from these games.

He has no bedtime and goes to bed when he pleases. It is now 1:13am as I type this and I can hear him in the next room playing the playstation. He's fully dressed and hasn't had his bath yet, my sister is sitting next to him, practically asleep sitting up, waiting for him to finish (which will be whenever he wants) so she can bath him and put him to bed because he won't sleep alone. It isn't uncommon for him to be awake until 2-3am on school nights.

Last night he was out playing on the street until half 12 at night, kicking a ball around, while my sister watched from the garden gate.

The funny thing is that his teachers report him to be bright, quiet, and friendly. Never ONCE has he misbehaved in school which leads me to believe that he knows this behaviour is wrong and that he would get in trouble for it at school. As a side note, he's had psychological testing done at the request of our parents and they found absolutely nothing wrong with him whatsoever.

My sister loves him but honestly, she's turning him into a monster. He isn't a pleasant child to be around and none of the children in the family will play with him because of it.

I got so frustrated tonight when she got mad at me for simply LOOKING AT HIM I said I was going to report her to social services, which I know is wrong, but I don't know what else I can do about this. We've spoken to her time and time again but she doesn't care, she just wants to give him everything he wants.

I honestly think that by giving him everything he wants she is neglecting his needs (ie. a healthy diet and sleep, never mind the behavioural problems) and I've told her she is mistreating him but she doesn't agree. She said he's a happy boy - which he is, until he doesn't get his own way.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do?

This sounds like an absolute fucking nightmare. Although I'm sure it's still All Worth It just to see the smile on his face when he's snarfing a whole pack of jaffa cakes!
Re: Psychopath in the making!
June 13, 2013
If his mouth is so fucked up that his teeth are black, his health as a whole is at risk because mouth diseases like gingivitis can cause severe health problems if the bacteria gets into the bloodstream.

I'd call CPS because that's not from allowing him to not brush his teeth a few times, but years of neglect.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
June 13, 2013
I wonder if it will all be worth it when he threatens to blow up the wrong person and ends up in prison, or the cemetery.

June 13, 2013

He plays Call of Duty, World of Warcraft

Well, that explains some of the bratty, and childish players I have come across in WoW. Get off mah game, chyldren! mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob
Anonymous User
June 13, 2013
He's 9 and the mother wants to bath him? Creepy.
June 13, 2013
coco_uk
Amen to that. Is she going to keep this up until he's a teen? 'Cause I could see it happening. fainting

And a whole box of jaffa cakes? Aren't those things high in calories? He'll be one of those guys you see on TV one of these days, trying to get a stomach resection because he weighs as much as a juvanile elephant. :spin

Wait, maybe that's why mama is bathing him, so she can practice for when he does way as much as a young elephant.
Anonymous User
June 14, 2013
nightfire
coco_uk
Amen to that. Is she going to keep this up until he's a teen? 'Cause I could see it happening. fainting

And a whole box of jaffa cakes? Aren't those things high in calories? He'll be one of those guys you see on TV one of these days, trying to get a stomach resection because he weighs as much as a juvanile elephant. :spin

Wait, maybe that's why mama is bathing him, so she can practice for when he does way as much as a young elephant.

They are super high in calories, basically pure sugar.
The mother must have some sort of mental health issue, to be treating him like that and to not even realise its wrong.

Thats one of the main things about parenting that I find so bizarre, parents just seem to lose all sense of reality and you turn into a completely different human being to what you were. Why would anyone choose that?!
June 14, 2013
He's nothing more than a tubby little Mama's boy cry baby who will be unleashed onto society within a decade. Unfortunately moos don't think about the shit the "village" will have to endure due to their shitty parenting skills. I shudder when I think about how the world as we know it will be changed for the worse after the next generation of the molly coddled become adults.:smn

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Anonymous User
June 14, 2013
Honestly sounds like how I could have turned out if my parents had given into my demands as a preteen even more than they did as it was.

I'd call Children & Family Services, and hopefully there won't be any media attention, since this sounds like typical Maury Povich/Dr. Phil fodder on this side of the pond.
June 14, 2013
loveisdivine

Thats one of the main things about parenting that I find so bizarre, parents just seem to lose all sense of reality and you turn into a completely different human being to what you were. Why would anyone choose that?!
I have no idea myself, although I think it's because a lot of these types stick their child high up on a pedistal. They idealize what it is about childhood, and these are the ones that think they should have the child love them at all costs. I also think they take a lot of negativity to heart, that the child yelling "I hate you" is emotionally devistating (because they take it personally.) And along with this, a stranger's criticism of the child is not really an attack on their child (as it would look on the surface) but an attack on the vulerable person who is the parent (as they project too much of their self worth into the child.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login