Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Selling Guns to Save the "Preborn" :wtf

Posted by nathanomir 
Selling Guns to Save the "Preborn" :wtf
June 20, 2013
The state of Ohio has generously made things rough for those trying to pass laws protecting the "preborn" (that sounds like a used car to me). In other words, their personhood bills protecting fertilized eggs have died before reaching the floor of the legislature. Now, they're short on cash. So what is Personhood Ohio Director Patrick Johnston going to do to raise cash for a mass mailing? He's going to sell his cherished assault rifles!

“I’m selling some of my favorite things—some powerful rifles and ammo,” Personhood Ohio Director Patrick Johnston wrote in a recent fundraising email. “I’m a firm believer that the Second Amendment protects the future of freedom, but not as much as justice for the preborn. See, if God’s against you, your guns won’t help you at all. The shedding of innocent blood will bring God’s wrath on the land – and then you can wave freedom goodbye. So protecting Ohio’s children is more important than securing your right to keep and bear arms.”

To me, there's something incongruous about advocating against contraceptives because you think they cause abortion, and also owning a stockpile of destructive weapons designed to kill human beings. I've never understood this attitude, the attitude that Teabillies have of "We must protect all unborn chirruns, but once they're born, kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out!" On the other hand, this may be a good way to get guns out of the hands of Teabillies. Seriously, those people are the last people in this country who should be armed!

Really short article is here.

Re: Selling Guns to Save the "Preborn" :wtf
June 20, 2013
"Preborn"...that sounds like a George Carlin routine.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
June 20, 2013
Why aren't those people helping the already existing kid, instead? Not glamour enough?

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
June 20, 2013
I'd give up my pistol for an abortion. Wouldn't it be ironic if some whack-a-loon bought his gun and shot him? sarcastic clapping
Will they have background checks? Not likely. "What could possibly go wrong there"--.My lousy imitation of Jay Leno.
June 20, 2013
nathanomir
The state of Ohio has generously made things rough for those trying to pass laws protecting the "preborn" (that sounds like a used car to me).

So that single mom wanting to land the next wallet is pre fucked?

Picture the commercial, {insert typical lound music and announcer}

Single mom? Pre fucked? GET THE PUSSY FAX!

captcha vd Vdm

Well, it makes a change from how these pro-liar gunnuts usually try to "protect life" by shooting people who don't share their views.
June 20, 2013
nathanomir
The state of Ohio has generously made things rough for those trying to pass laws protecting the "preborn" (that sounds like a used car to me). In other words, their personhood bills protecting fertilized eggs have died before reaching the floor of the legislature. Now, they're short on cash. So what is Personhood Ohio Director Patrick Johnston going to do to raise cash for a mass mailing? He's going to sell his cherished assault rifles!

“I’m selling some of my favorite things—some powerful rifles and ammo,” Personhood Ohio Director Patrick Johnston wrote in a recent fundraising email. “I’m a firm believer that the Second Amendment protects the future of freedom, but not as much as justice for the preborn. See, if God’s against you, your guns won’t help you at all. The shedding of innocent blood will bring God’s wrath on the land – and then you can wave freedom goodbye. So protecting Ohio’s children is more important than securing your right to keep and bear arms.”

To me, there's something incongruous about advocating against contraceptives because you think they cause abortion, and also owning a stockpile of destructive weapons designed to kill human beings. I've never understood this attitude, the attitude that Teabillies have of "We must protect all unborn chirruns, but once they're born, kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out!" On the other hand, this may be a good way to get guns out of the hands of Teabillies. Seriously, those people are the last people in this country who should be armed!

I have always wondered about that kind of mentality myself. Worry about the "preborn" and do everything under the sun to make forced birther nonsense the law and then not give a damn once they're born. That is seriously messed-up.
June 23, 2013
nathanomir

Sorry, but I sell my guns to no one. As the saying goes: "You will take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead fingers." Besides, I need them to defend myself from all these kids who have hippy dippy GD parents.
June 23, 2013
How about this?

Anonymous User
June 30, 2013
Zzelda
How about this?

waving hellolarious
June 30, 2013
Isn't it illegal to bribe people to vote in your favor via entry into a raffle for signing a petition or making a donation to a political cause?? confused smiley If it isn't then it should be.

"...The group has resorted to offering citizens entry into a $5,000 drawing for each set of petitions returned or donation made to the organization...."thumbs updown

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 30, 2013
The guns and preborn thing both baffle me, as does his convoluted argument linking the two. I'd hate to see what it is like in this man's head.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login