Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Indie-go-go Fundraiser: Send My Pweshus, Perfectly Healthy Chyuld to Horsee Camp!

Posted by cats_instead 
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/let-s-send-rumi-on-a-wild-west-adventure?c=comments

I'm so disgusted by this.
In this economy where people are losing their jobs, can't get enough to eat, can't get enough to pay bills, sometimes end up homeless or living out of their cars, and all these idiots in New York have donated nearly $26,000 to send some privileged little turd on a "Wild West Adventure" with mummuh and dudduh. The best part is that the goal was only $7000! They couldn't be bothered to close the listing so people couldn't donate beyond that, though. Instead:

All amounts raised beyond those needed to cover receipts of the trip will be donated to Equestria-- a New York based organization dedicated to providing riding lessons to children with disabilities. This organization does tons of good, and holds a special place in the hearts of Rumi and his parents.

...Is there some reason these fools who keep donating can't just, y'know, donate directly to this Equestria organization?

They've dragged out the violins, that you're supposed to feel sorry for poor little Rumikins for having to live in a New York apartment where, *sniff* he just can't possibly keep a horse of his own! *sniff* Oh, what a horrible tragedy!

Spoiled little shit.
Well, I take it that means the economy must not be all that bad. How else could something this useless be justified as a reason to get handouts?? angry flipping off

(Henceforth my standard answer to such request)

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
I'd give money to look after those animals left to suffer after their usefulness in racing or breeding (or entertaining children) is done.
If the kid was severely disabled or was terminally ill I could understand. But he’s perfectly healthy. What the fuck is this? Let’s use the “think of the children” stance breeders always take. Don’t you think the fundraiser could be used for a kid who was, you know, dying of cancer or had some kind of disability instead of a perfectly healthy sneauxphlake whose only problem was he didn’t have a horse of his own? How about all those other kids that want a horse but can’t have one of their own? Don’t they get a fundraiser, too? What makes this kid so special besides his cre8ive name?
When I was a kid I was allowed to use the Wish Foundation because I have a disability. In fact, famblee and friends kept trying to convince me to make a wish to go to Disney World or some such shit. I think they were only doing it because they wanted a free trip. Lol. Anyway, I refused.
One, I didn’t want to go to Florida. And two, I felt I would be taking something away from kids who didn’t have long to live. So no free trip for my family, but they got over it.
That being said, anybody interested in raising money for my trip to Europe? I mean, if a perfectly healthy kid can get money for his spayshal wild west adventure, then surely someone like me can get a fundraiser campaign for a trip to Europe. All extra money will be donated to the local animal shelter.
grinning smiley
I don't understand why people donate to way over the amount these begging websites. No matter if I was a billionaire, I would never donate to sites such as hero network, begslist indie go-go, or kick starter. I'm more interested in helping teach third world people farming or ally cat allies.
The kyd's name is "Rumi"? They named him after a Perfect Blue character?

/animegeekiness

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Why can't the breeders just put this trip on a MasterCard? Then they can guilt trip Rumi all about how much they pay in interest for his horsey camp.
strange aeons

/animegeekiness

I love that movie. I think I'll watch it this weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
paragon schnitzophonic
strange aeons

/animegeekiness

I love that movie. I think I'll watch it this weekend.

It is brilliant. Probably my favourite anime movie ever. I've even got the soundtrack on my iPod.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

You know what I REALLY hate? This whole ridiculous undertaking was started by the guy who runs Humans of New York. I've been following him on Tumblr for a long time and I just joined Instagram and he was one of the first people I started following. I generally love his blog, but I do get annoyed by how often he feels the need to feature "adorable" cheeldrun on it.

But I was beyond disgusted when I read this post:

It’s just about impossible for normal parents, especially ones who live in a small NYC apartment, and who aren’t wealthy, to provide a horse for their child. Sometimes this can be quite heartbreaking.

Awwww, Mommy and Daddy can't give thier kid everything he wants! How, greviously, unbearably awful. We just can't allow that to happen. We have to do something! No parent should ever have to say no to their child, even in response to the most unreasonable request.

He's featured lots of adults on his site who have had terrible things happen to them and need job, a place to live, or some kind of medical or mental health care. I've yet to see him start a fundraiser to help any of them. (Perhaps I'm wrong and I've missed it) but I think this is at least the second time he's done a kid-centric fundraiser for some not-at-all necessary thing. He has a massive following and every time he does one, it goes waaaay past the fundraising goal. I just think there are much better ways he could be using his influence.

But, what do I know? I'm just a bitter, selfish child-hater who doesn't understand real love.
How about they fundraise for something useful, like, I don't know perhaps university. shrug Someone being cripple by student loans or dropping out because they can't afford it is much more heartbreaking.
Snark Shark
"Horsee Camp"

there's a Sarah Jessica Parker joke here SOMEWHERE.

Who'd pay to ride her? two faces puking

--------------

George Bernard Shaw

strange aeons
Snark Shark
"Horsee Camp"

there's a Sarah Jessica Parker joke here SOMEWHERE.

Who'd pay to ride her? two faces puking

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=9160859

Don't blame me, you asked...

The only time it could be heartbreaking to not own a horse is if it was a second/third world country and the horse was needed for farming.

But no, that's fine- donate $32,000 to some kid who wants a pony (when I was growing up insisting on getting a pony was a joke: the go-to cultural identifier for "spoilt rich kid"). Hey, maybe they'll stick to their promise to give some of it to a horse charity. They don't have to, but they might.

There's no way that money could have been better spent! It's heartbreaking for a child to not get everything his special snowflake little heart desires. Rumi. Fuck's sake. 10 - 15 years time that little twat will have a shock when the real world no longer bends over backwards and he has to explain that no, his parents aren't muslim, they're just hipster morons.

When I was a kyd, I was poor and living in a small apartment with my single moo. I wanted a horse reallly bad, but of course, it wasn't in the cards and I knew it. I just sucked it up and dealt with reality.

What is with this culture of giving kyds every frigging thing they want? Why a fundraiser? Sure, if there are a few suckers out there who are willing to part with their dough, then fine. I just can't help but feel there are much more important things out there that people should concern themselves with. And the begging train needs to stop.
Do you think they have to pay taxes on this free money they got begging? They should! They are not a charitable organization just because they have spawned!!!!

I don't see how anyone could be callous enough to donate to something whimsical like this when there are real charitable organizations seeking funding for actual needs in the world. I guess all you have to do is show your spawn and get money thrown at you, unless you are someone who in really in need I suppose.
Just another sprogling who'll live at home with moo and duh until they die, never having to lift a finger for themselves. Don't worry little cumstain, moomie and duhduhmb will take care of everythang...

On a side note...I really have to start thinking up a good "charity" cause...Maybe the free sterilization charity! drinking coffee
I know why the parents did the fundraiser: For the guilt trip. "Look, Rumi, you have to be grateful to us, we put on a fundraiser to make you happy". We could have put it on a MasterCard and that would have worked on us with our parents but to do that is not enough of a guilt trip anymore. We have to have something to guilt trip you about - we're parents!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login