Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smelly adults are more annoying than crying loaves.

Posted by Anonymous User 
I don't know about you, but I have rarely encountered a stinky adult while ANYWHERE in public, whether on a flight, at the mall, etc.

A baby or toddler, on the other hand? Well, it's almost inevitable that they will cry and/or whine, no matter how attentive the parents are.

http://www.mommyish.com/2013/05/17/smelly-adults-are-more-annoying-than-crying-babies-on-planes/

I've been on many a cramped flight and have yet to be in proximity of an adult who doesn't know what proper hygiene is.
Seriously? Shrieking carries way farther than scent. I got on the subway today, there was a crying loaf and a homeless guy with B.O. Guess which one was still a bother in the next car over, even with my headphones in? Breeders will say anything to justify letting their spawn act like disruptive little shits.
Re: Smelly adults are more annoying than crying loaves.
August 28, 2013
Oh man, if you go on buses in any major UK city you will definitely find stinky adults. But you can move to avoid them - you can't move to avoid a crying loaf, because you can still hear the fucker.

And while we're on the subject of stinky adults, some of the worst offenders are moos, because they don't seem to be able to cope with basic personal hygiene whilst doing The Most Important Job In The World. I don't want to sit near someone who smells of sour milk and loaf vomit, thanks.
August 28, 2013
Do we need a ranking, or can I just say that I hate loud, high-pitched noises, yapping on a cellphone, strong body odor, harsh chemical scents (like perfume overdoses), blubber squeezing me into a tiny corner of my seat, used syringes littering the floor, food wrappers left lying around, and anything else that infringes on the little invisible bubble I try to surround myself with on public transport? It isn't a question of what is most egregious, it's all inconsiderate of others
August 28, 2013
I can't stand stinky people. People who don't shower are morons, and women who douse themselves in chemical stank (perfume) give me a major sinus headache.

That being said, it's rare to be stuck next to someone who stinks. It happens, yes. It's annoying, yes. But it's rare.

If there's a kid on a flight (and there always is), it's pretty much guaranteed it's going to be fucking annoying. Even the ones not pitching a tantrum are babbling constantly in their squeaky-ass high-pitched voices, fidgeting, exclaiming over bullshit ("Look, mommy, a tree!!!!" :drool ), kicking the seat, playing with noisy toys, etc. etc. etc to infinity.

The very inevitability and constancy of being annoyed by kids beats stinky people any day, IMHO.
Crying brats are way more annoying than smelly people. I can breath through my mouth so I don't have to smell but I can't not use my ears.
August 28, 2013
stillwaters
That being said, it's rare to be stuck next to someone who stinks. It happens, yes. It's annoying, yes. But it's rare.

True. In the last week, there were three people my SO and I encountered who were smelly enough to elicit private comments (two BO, one perfume) and it seemed like an unusually high number, far more than average.

I can't give a figure for the number of screeching babies and babbling or whining toddlers we encountered during the same period of time. Our eyes were rolling in agreement about the annoyance several times a day, every day.
August 28, 2013
Stinky people vs. screaming bayybees...

Come to the library. We have both in abundance.
August 28, 2013
One thing I know for sure, ALL toadlers fucking STINK.

They smell like shit and sweaty feet combined with a sickening sweet smell.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
August 28, 2013
Snark Shark
what about SMELLY, crying loaves? what about non-smelly, crying adults? HOW DO THEY FIT IN??? I MUST KNOW.

Oh! We have those too! Folks going off their meds...
August 28, 2013
Teen boys DRENCHED in cologne!

two faces puking
August 28, 2013
Moos will always try to deflect the problem (shrieking loaves) onto something or someone else. It's easier to walk away from a smelly person than it is to escape a shrieking loaf. Stank doesn't affect my anxiety the way a screaming loaf does. I have never had a smelly person ruin a nice meal in a restaurant. More often than not, it's breeders and their brats who are the source of the problem.

I have encoutered very smelly people, and many of them were mooos. Once, a mooo passed by me and smelled so rank, I almost puked. It smelled as if she hadn't washed her clothes in months. two faces puking

I can't stand it when people drench themselves in perfumes and colognes either, as it seems to me like they are trying to hide their BO. Gross. It also can trigger a migraine for me, but so can a shrieking baybee. I encounter far more shrieking baybees than I do people drenched in perfume.
Nah, I disagree. If I'm on the bus and someone reeks, I can move to a different seat and then I can't smell them.

If a loaf is is shrieking, I can feel them ripping out my ear drums no matter where I sit.
August 28, 2013
Moo is trying to deflect attention from her shrieking brat by saying someone stinks. If that isn't childish I don't know what is. Was that joke of an article written by an adult or a second grader??? It feels like the second one to me.

Paranoia, paranoia, paranoia, paranoid. I'm not sick, but I'm not well. They're all out to get me they're all out to get me, so are you. So are you. (Sung to the tune of Frere Jaques.)
August 28, 2013
I started my second year of college this week, and already two people on the bus are annoying me - the girl who wears waaaay too much perfume, and the duh with his shrieking toadler.

The girl literally wears so much perfume that it makes me choke. It's horrible. And I'd still rather sit next to her than Duhddy and little M'steighyke.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login