Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breastfeeding exposed

Posted by yurble 
Breastfeeding exposed
August 29, 2013
Finally, an article where breastfeeding, not breasts, is exposed. Specifically, a book exposing the extreme promotion of breastfeeding as a means of preventing women from achieving their potential as equal citizens. (Note: the article linked to contains a picture of breastfeeding.) Some of you may recall this book, which was published last year in France, and has now been translated to English.

Badinter shows how the claim that "natural is best" is used to justify a raft of regressive parenting behaviours, which unite in their attempts to persuade women to shoulder the primary burden of child-rearing and domestic responsibility. Chief among them is the promotion of exclusive breastfeeding, which, like "baby-wearing" (carrying an infant in a sling for extended periods to mimic mothers on the savannah) ties a woman to her child for hours every day, excludes the father and, if continued until to the WHO's recommended age of two, makes returning to work difficult. (La Leche League and the NCT are traditionally opposed to expressing and bottle-feeding, citing the chemical content of bottles and the child's potential for "nipple confusion", not to mention the hysterical revulsion that surrounds formula.)

Parenting manuals based on Bowlby's attachment theory prioritise the bond between mother and child, sideline the father and keep women away from work. Co-sleeping (sharing a bed with a small child) restricts a couple's sex life. Naturalism promotes the view that women are emotionally and physiologically constructed to be their children's primary carers in a way that men are not, and that mothering is the most significant of a woman's capabilities. Badinter is brave in her admission that this view has been bolstered by a wave of essentialist feminism that located female power in women's physiology and held up maternal instinct as the basis of a revolutionary new matriarchal society.
Re: Breastfeeding exposed
August 29, 2013
What I find interesting is that picture of the public beefers really isn't that bad (if there has to be such a picture). AMAZING that the women don't feel the need to rip of their clothes or their children's (like that woman a couple of week ago in front of the formula table) or pick a time when they know someone is going to want to talk with them (like the cunt in the Luvs diaper commercial who feels the need to repulse her waiter). Shows you that it can be done without going "look at my BOOOOBIES world! They spout majik tittie juice!"
August 29, 2013
I think what's liberating for women is frickin choice. I hate it when I see friends of mine who are new parents bewildered and guilt racked with all the conflicting views, women feeling guilty if they can't beef or simply don't want to, are they cruel not to want their baybee attached to them 24/7, wanting the odd bit of time off from being mummy. The "Mummy Cult" is very much alive and well here in the UK, I have a Facebook friend who is a militant beefer, and every status update is about where she beefed that day, where is welcoming to beefers, where isn't, and naming and shaming women who either won't beef "obviously for vanity reasons" or can't beef "didn't try hard enough" or "should have come off their medication for the sake of their chyld". Another way of controlling women's bodies, and sexuality, methinks. But the sinister part of it is, that this is mostly perpetuated to women, by women.

Women are supposed to sacrifice everything for their kyds these days, their identity as an individual, their bodies, the lot, and if they don't they are bad mothers. I would much rather be an eeeebil CF bitch than try and negotiate my way around trying to be a mother and still retain an ounce of common sense in this world.
Anonymous User
August 30, 2013
yummynotmummy
The "Mummy Cult" is very much alive and well here in the UK, I have a Facebook friend who is a militant beefer, and every status update is about where she beefed that day, where is welcoming to beefers, where isn't, and naming and shaming women who either won't beef "obviously for vanity reasons" or can't beef "didn't try hard enough" or "should have come off their medication for the sake of their chyld". Another way of controlling women's bodies, and sexuality, methinks. But the sinister part of it is, that this is mostly perpetuated to women, by women.

Women are supposed to sacrifice everything for their kyds these days, their identity as an individual, their bodies, the lot, and if they don't they are bad mothers. I would much rather be an eeeebil CF bitch than try and negotiate my way around trying to be a mother and still retain an ounce of common sense in this world.

Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou Same here!

My Sister in Law is one of those militant beefers, who volunteers at a beefing clinic at the local hospital brainwashing others that "bottles bad, beefing good". She still has my horrible neice on the tit at nearly two years old. Clue - if it has teeth it isn't meant to be on the tit! Even cows and sheep kick their offspring when they have a cheeky go after they've been weaned. She even knits boobs to demonstrate correct techniques and everything. I keep nicking them for the dog to rip up. He's had some funny looks running round the park with half a knitted boob hanging out of his mouth.

Groups like moosnet are one of the worst offenders when it comes to perpetuating the whole control over women. I've never seen a more entitled, smug group of individuals who expect the entire world to bow down to them because they have sluiced. They've even started lobbying restuarants, tea rooms and cafes to put stickers and signs up saying they can freely whip out their udders and beef without having to cover up. two faces puking
August 30, 2013
terrierist activity

Clue - if it has teeth it isn't meant to be on the tit!

You were saying?

August 30, 2013
THANK YOU for putting words to what has always disturbed me about this trend.

The whole point of it seems to be to tie women down to the home, being fed this sort of "war is peace" mantra about how being a domestic slave = female empowerment.

According to the new feminism, the only way to be a feminist is to use your "goddess power" to shit runts, and then lay on your back for the next 10 years letting them suck off of your prone, bloated body while you do nothing for yourself -- not even basic self-care, let alone accomplishing your dreams. Not even enjoying sex with the man who had them with, since they must sleep with you, of course. You must be suffocated with your spawn 24/7 or you're not a real mawm, and thus not a real woman.

It's why I distance myself from third wave feminism. It's like the misogynists have co-opted the movement and are taking it in reverse.
Anonymous User
August 30, 2013
thom_c
terrierist activity

Clue - if it has teeth it isn't meant to be on the tit!

You were saying?

I remember seeing that image plastered over facestalk, but couldn't remember why. Think it was one of those stupid 1 like = 1 prayer sort of posts, so automatically ignored it!
August 31, 2013
Even worse to me than the obvious, which is this prolonged udder feeding and other attachment parenting bullshit is keeping women "down" and therefore too busy with child rearing and care to actually be equal citizens among men, is this brainless battalion of Moos who WANT this type of life and seek it out on their own! They truly believe they are special and to be admired and revered by all for what, exactly, shoving their tits down the gullets of grown kids who are old enough to discuss the matter with them? I am stumped by the fact that anyone can consider themselves superior for doing something nearly ALL female mammals can do at some point in their lives, which include, 1)Fucking without birth control, 2)Getting knocked up and sluicing, and 3)Sticking a bloated milk bag into the pie hole of a loaf. HOW does that make them unique and worthy of praise?confused smiley

The entire concept of extended udder feeding is as bizarre to me as it is incomprehensible.shrug

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
August 31, 2013
23 years ago, I had a college environmental science professor tell me during class that mother's milk has the potential to have more DDT in it than cow's milk because the mother has been around eating, drinking, etc., than the cow has, so there's more chance of her having been exposed than the cow.

August 31, 2013
This is why I hate women like this - they're idiots and make those of us with intelligence look bad by association. The fact that moos apparently want to drag the whole world back to the 50s is baffling. Moos just further the belief that all women are good for is to skivvy around after children and husbands, and that they're too emotional and hysterical to make rational decisions or do anything for themselves. It isn't enough for the terminally stupid cunts to lower themselves to house bitches and broodmares, but they pressure other women to do it too! It's bitches like them that make me wish I'd been born male. :headbrick

These would be the main reasons for my pathological hatred of moos and wanna-moos, which I reckon is 90% of the female population. Useless, pathetic whores.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Anonymous User
August 31, 2013
Unfortunately, the cows found this article, too. There's a stampede in the comments section.
September 01, 2013
Some of the cows have gone into full anti-capitalist moron mode, which is just beautiful.

Talking about the marketing power of formula companies on a British news site. No one in the UK has seen an advert for formula in 18 years unless they work in the trade, it's illegal for them to advertise.

It's one of the most effective yet transparent attempts at social engineering working today, and yes I do believe it is both deliberate and designed to keep women useless.

The fascinating thing about non-ambitious cows who just want to wander their home pastures is that they are insanely jealous of women who actually do something with their lives. They want society upended so that smart women who are more than a uterus and an udder are squashed under the lowest glass ceiling. This way, they can continue molesting their male sprogs and shoving tits in grown children's faces but still feel confident that no other woman is doing something, anything different.
Anonymous User
September 01, 2013
CFinPenthouse
The fascinating thing about non-ambitious cows who just want to wander their home pastures is that they are insanely jealous of women who actually do something with their lives. They want society upended so that smart women who are more than a uterus and an udder are squashed under the lowest glass ceiling. This way, they can continue molesting their male sprogs and shoving tits in grown children's faces but still feel confident that no other woman is doing something, anything different.

Exactly. The surest mark of a cow no better than her mindless, selfish, barely sentient loaves: they'd rather drag us down than elevate themselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login