Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What does it say about how having kids is "so worth it" when your favorite part of the day is when they're finally in bed at night?

Posted by Anonymous User 
I just read a status on Facebook in which a mother was happy that her favorite time of the day had arrived: When the wee ones (she has 3, one of whom is severely autistic) are finally in bed for the night and she has the hubby all to herself while they watch TV.

If children are so awesome, why look forward to them sleeping, the only time in which they shut their noise holes for a few consecutive hours?

We get to enjoy uninterrupted bliss at our leisure because we're not stuck doing a horrible job called "raising children", AKA "voluntary slavery".

Enjoy your book, video game, et cetera, knowing that it won't be interrupted by someone constantly needing something.
Reminds of those parents who shout "It's all worth it!", but then express how they're looking forward to the kids moving out so they can have time for themselves again or whatever. If it's truly the best job in the world, why the rush to get them out of the house?

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
brown-eyed diamond
Reminds of those parents who shout "It's all worth it!", but then express how they're looking forward to the kids moving out so they can have time for themselves again or whatever. If it's truly the best job in the world, why the rush to get them out of the house?

Thank you. If you love your kids so much and being a parent is so great, then you would not be so eager for them to go to sleep or grow up.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
peace-n-quiet
brown-eyed diamond

Thank you. If you love your kids so much and being a parent is so great, then you would not be so eager for them to go to sleep or grow up.

Which brings us to the breeders on the other end of the scale, who infantilise their children (referring to them as 36-month-old instead of a 3-year-old, for example).

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

I have enjoyed a weekend trivia for years at a forum. very close knit group actually.
lately invaded by a moo from florida.
I'd like to say more, but in keeping with the original post, almost everything she says gets moved around about her little fuck trophies. (mind you, she's knocked up again: #4 and she's only about 28.. there is a story). Mostly revolved around her annoyance with them, glad they are out with the sperm donor (twice her age btw), they are grounded, dreaded their coming home, etc. So, why squirt out 4? Rest of the forum, of course, goes along. I find it boring as hell, all her fuggin moo problems with being knocked up. Latest is she's on total bed rest.
Tell me, because I cannot understand this. She has a laptop. How the hell can a laptop be banned, especially since she can probably balance it on her fat belly.
All I get from her is how happy she is when the kids are out of the house.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
I understand the sentiment, sort of. If I had to spend most days caged with a feeble-minded, selfish, short savage, I would look forward to when it passes out from sheer fatigue. I don't care how much you lurve your spawn, how many hormones melt key sensibility parts in your brain, how many udder rubs society gives, or how many incentives the government throws at you. You are still stuck with your grubby, little savages grinning smiley
I figured out, when I was young, that it was how you moved through time, not the end result.

Your Famblee Types would word this as "It's about the journey."

But, they are still keeping their eyes on 'the end'.

I like to live in the here and now and enjoy what I'm doing, moment by moment.

I do not have anything that I wish to get away from.

I wouldn't say I'm "madly orgasmically in love with" my work - but I do find it interesting, it is mentally engaging, and I chose it because of this. I certainly do not hate it and wish I could go to bed! It's OK. I'll give it a "B" grinning smiley

If I *hated* my life and the people in it - I'd probably be suicidal.

I do not wish to sleep to escape. I often *get up* at night to check on work things, I usually have to pee anyway - so I go check (I'm in commodities and the world wide markets go 24/7).

I will be going to bed soon - and what I look forward to is stretching out and relaxing on my nice big expensive bed. I put in the 'expensive' because it's very comfy and nice. It is one thing I didn't 'look for a discount on' or 'go cheaper on' - I need good rest. I have all my pillows too - to prop self up on while reading, put under knees, etc.

That's what I'm going to go do soon - go read in bed, I'm reading a book about JFK.

It's not an 'escape' area - it's an area where I go to do other things, stretch the bod, relax and such.

OK - I just remembered where I saw it - the thread here about the Moo sleeping naked with the 10 year old smile rolling left righteyes2 She mentions that she knows people who cry on Sunday nights because they have to go to work on Monday and they hate their jobs.

THIS is what I have always worked to avoid! I never wanted to get trapped in such a mess! And trapped you can get - if you have kids to support.

I like my work. It's OK. It's mentally engaging. I chose it. And now, I work for myself (do have partners) - but we created our own thing and I have control of myself / no one barks orders at me or treats me like a slave. I could not have done this with kids. It's not the most wildly exciting thing out there - but - I certainly don't hate it or cry that I have to do it.

If I did - I'd either do something else - and you can if you're CF - but if you're trapped - fuck, I'd kill myself.

And trapped with aggravating kids on top of it? I would absolutely be dead by now, I'd not be typing this here.

Yanno - this just occurs to me - this is why the Propaganda showcases easier lives - TV Duh's raking in plenty of moola so Moo 'doesn't have to work'. But, this also means there will be few arguments over money, money is not a stressor. And the kids are Supra Normal too - Sports Stars and Cheer Leaders.

Real life is not even close for the 99%. I am SO GLAD I figured this out young!

:beer

This is the book I'm currently reading, if anyone's interested ~

http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Connection-Assassination-President-Kennedy/dp/0963144901

There's a guy at work who got married some months back. He's talking about him and his wife trading in their ordinary cars for sports cars. He said they were thinking about doing it because this will the the only time they can before they have kids. Considering we have a guy in the office who is a single father because he produced a kid with a drug addict and had to spend a small fortune in legal fees to get sole custody when she left, and this guy also likes to share too much information about his kid, I'm surprised this other guy would want kids. Guess he's a lifescripter.

JD
JohnDrake
There's a guy at work who got married some months back. He's talking about him and his wife trading in their ordinary cars for sports cars. He said they were thinking about doing it because this will the the only time they can before they have kids. Considering we have a guy in the office who is a single father because he produced a kid with a drug addict and had to spend a small fortune in legal fees to get sole custody when she left, and this guy also likes to share too much information about his kid, I'm surprised this other guy would want kids. Guess he's a lifescripter.

JD

That's depressing sad smiley

But, at least it's not my mess!
JohnDrake

JD

Tell the guy to get the sports car and not bother with the kyds!

I worked in a place that was full of miserable married Duhs who would (if they weren't busy having affairs) work late, go to the gym, anything but be home for their kids bath and bed times, preferring to get home when their loaves and children were sleeping.

Just - why bother!
yummynotmummy
JohnDrake

JD

I worked in a place that was full of miserable married Duhs who would (if they weren't busy having affairs) work late, go to the gym, anything but be home for their kids bath and bed times, preferring to get home when their loaves and children were sleeping.

Just - why bother!

So they can say "Look at what I did, I made a new life". Plus, they think it looks good on a tombstone "Loving spouse, great father of 3...." Ego...
I wonder if people who have children feel like God when they're creating a new life... Probably.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
milenascarlet
yummynotmummy
JohnDrake

JD

Just - why bother!

So they can say "Look at what I did, I made a new life". Plus, they think it looks good on a tombstone "Loving spouse, great father of 3...." Ego...
I wonder if people who have children feel like God when they're creating a new life... Probably.

I would rather feel like god by building a fucking rail gun or something. Then I can do my crazed mad scientist laugh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login